Barmy Beau, barefoot bamboo bong-maker, berates bust

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Barmy Beau, barefoot bamboo bong-maker, berates bust

Post by Lambkin »

This just in from the Maui mayor's race.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/29/s ... -a-hippie/
A bong-maker and self-described sovereign citizen vows to outlaw the use of Taser stun guns by police if he’s successful in his run for Maui mayor.

Beau Hawkes fell flat on his face in the street when he was tasered earlier this month during a barefoot confrontation with police that was recorded on cell phone video and widely shared on social media.
The 34-year-old Hawkes, who is among five candidates for mayor of the Hawaiian city, was cited July 15 for talking on his cell phone while driving without a license plate, driver’s license, registration, or safety inspection sticker.

Hawkes says he does not believe in paying taxes or participating in any activities that would ensnare him in “American commercial laws.”
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Barmy Beau, barefoot bamboo bong-maker, berates bust

Post by notorial dissent »

This could certainly get entertaining if nothing else.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

talking on his cell phone while driving without a license plate, driver’s license, registration, or safety inspection sticker
He's going all out huh.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

sounds like this guy is just blowing smoke....

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

I think that there's been a violation of the standing rule against excessive alliteration.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

....safety inspection sticker...
?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

A bong-maker...
One of a very limited number of occupations that may cause LE to take more than usual interest in you.
JamesVincent wrote:
....safety inspection sticker...
?
My guess is a state sticker showing it has passed some sort of mandatory inspection of its condition. Like the smog test in California.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Three states where I have owned and registered cars, New Hampshire, Maryland, and Virginia have all required an annual inspection of the car for either basic safety standards or emission issues (or both) and upon passing the inspection they issue a sticker to be displayed on the windshield. Cops are allowed to pull you over and give you a ticket for failure to display the appropriate sticker and if you don't get the inspections in Virginia you cannot renew your registration and get license plates.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Duke2Earl wrote:Three states where I have owned and registered cars, New Hampshire, Maryland, and Virginia have all required an annual inspection of the car for either basic safety standards or emission issues (or both) and upon passing the inspection they issue a sticker to be displayed on the windshield. Cops are allowed to pull you over and give you a ticket for failure to display the appropriate sticker and if you don't get the inspections in Virginia you cannot renew your registration and get license plates.
Massachusetts is the same way. Some 30+ years ago, I forgot to get my sticker ("stickah", in Bostonese) on time; so on the 1st of the new month I left my apartment early and took every possible back road until I reached the safety of a service station where I could get my car inspected. Another time, I did get pulled over; but I pointed out the inspection station to the cop and said that I was going straight there. He let me do that.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

That is one of two candidates for mayor of Maui to be arrested in the space of a week.

Must be something in the pineapple juice.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4