Moorish murderer in Kansas?

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

chronistra
Scalawag
Scalawag

Moorish murderer in Kansas?

Post by chronistra »

http://cjonline.com/news/2014-09-17/jud ... am-jr-case

Short version: Phillip Cheatham got a death penalty sentence overturned and is now being retried for a double homicide in Topeka, Kansas. At a motions hearing, it came out he has been filing "affidavits of truth" allegedly on behalf of his foundation, the Marvelous Light Due Process Foundation. (He has attorneys who argued various other motions, but these were hand-written and he argued them himself.) Said affidavits were signed King Phillip Amman Reu-El.

The judge told him that unless his legal name has changed to King Phillip Amman Reu-El, he must sign his legal name, and his "affidavits" are motions anyway. (Some motions dismissed, others taken under advisement.)

I have not yet seen other indications that Cheatham is Moorish, but the name and the "affidavits of truth" business make me curious. Has anybody else encountered his name?
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Moorish murderer in Kansas?

Post by bmxninja357 »

to get the full befuddled mess into context he did have thomas jefferson(or a copy of him) represent him at trial....
Hawver appears at Kansas Supreme Court dressed as Thomas Jefferson
Attorney faces possible disbarment for mistakes made in Philip Cheatham capital murder case
read this one: http://cjonline.com/news/2014-09-12/haw ... -jefferson

this is much moore interesting than i thought it would be, what with the dead president and all...

ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
chronistra
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by chronistra »

Dennis Hawver (Cheatham's first attorney, whose ineffective assistance led to the first conviction being thrown out) himself has a history of connections to sovereign citizens.

Way back in 1999 (see, e.g., http://cjonline.com/stories/030499/kan_draketrial.shtml, http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2000/dec/0 ... d_against/) I had my first exposure to sovcits when Hawver represented Mark Kline Drake and his wife Paula. Mark claimed to be the rightful governor of Kansas and operated a Supreme Court of Christian Jurisdiction issuing indictments against judges and other officials who didn't recognize his authority; his various hearings in the real district court (mostly on obstruction and trespassing charges) featured rants about gold fringes on the flag, British admiralty jurisdiction, and how the state didn't really own the statehouse. He didn't entirely dislike attorneys, however; Hawver represented him and/or his wife in multiple cases.

I haven't heard anything about the Drakes in many years; I dunno whatever happened to them.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I can't for the life of me imagine why the court let Hawver represent Cheatham. The man was/is a podunk country lawyer, and I'm not sure he is competent to do the standard country lawyer stuff even. If what I have been reading is at all accurate, he has been a a nutball since year dot and has no business representing clients. The only thing I can figure is that Cheatham couldn't get another lawyer and they decided Hawver was better than nothing, and it has now come back to bite them in the ass.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
notorial dissent

Just for posterity's sake and giggles, here is a picture of the aforementioned Dennis Hawver impersonating a lawyer impersonating Thomas Jefferson. The inset is of the client that he "defended"...

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

The pic is from his disbarment hearing before the KS Supreme Court. The court was not amused.
notorial dissent

To say the very least.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

He even caught the attention of Lowering the Bar;

http://www.loweringthebar.net/2014/11/c ... erson.html

A dubious honour.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

notorial dissent wrote:Just for posterity's sake and giggles, here is a picture of the aforementioned Dennis Hawver impersonating a lawyer impersonating Thomas Jefferson. The inset is of the client that he "defended"...

The picture is from his disciplinary hearing before the Kansas Supreme Court. This hearing is available for viewing here. Not surprisingly, he was unanimously disbarred.