Right to Travel Arrest in Georgia

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Right to Travel Arrest in Georgia

Post by Jeffrey »

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b8d_1413049025

Will update with any news articles if I find any.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Right to Travel Arrest in Georgia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Jeffrey wrote:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b8d_1413049025

News item: "Stoopidity results in arrest."

This idiot is going to spend time in jail for failure to obey a lawful order and resisting arrest, all because he believes in a fantasy.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Another one for sovereignsgettingtased.com. One comment summed it up: I watched videos now I are a lawyer.
One further thought. Sixty years ago this guy would have been shot for resisting arrest and become a diary entry in the local police records.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

How many "right to drive" jokers get caught? Apparently Timothy McVeigh was one of those, speeding away from the OK City event with an illegal vehicle. I have known those who try to get plates from a state with cheaper or more liberal licensing so at least when they get stopped they can equivocate about why they have plates far away from the issuing state. Then you have the insurance obligations with are almost universal in the states now without which the police in the toughest jurisdictions can call a tow truck. And for the super religious, driving with "kingdom of heaven" licenses are the way to go: http://pamphlets.embassyofheaven.com/li ... /index.php
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I believe that TIm McVeigh was in a lawful vehicle but it may previously have been used by a SovCit-type (perhaps McVeigh himself) - because it was stopped because the license plate was held on by bailing wire which had let one end of the license plate dangle loose. If McVeigh's van had its license plate on in a normal way he probably would not have been caught!

As for the video that starts this thread: Is it a good sign that, in 2014, a black man dares to do this sort of stupidity against a white Georgia cop?

By the way, although the King of Heaven website offers its license, it neglects to mention that its courtroom victories are a very round number. I have at least a dozen court decisions trashing drivers who thought they were invisible to law enforcement because they carried licenses from the Kingdom of Heaven or the Embassy of Heaven (evidently two separate outfits, each dedicated to separating fools from their money).
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Jeffrey wrote:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b8d_1413049025

I think the officer displayed quite a bit of patience and actually answered the idiot. The fact that he said multiple times that he was issuing a lawful order meant, to me, that the officer knew what he was dealing with and countered any arguments said idiot had before he even made them. The only issue I had with it was that the officer preceded to try to remove traveling man before backup arrived. In this situation I would have waited for backup before I did anything beyond ask for license and registration. Too many LEOs have been killed or injured dealing with this type of stupidity without backup.

I will admit I had a good laugh at one point. When traveling man demanded the officer's first name and the officer replied, Lieutenant. Priceless.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

fortinbras wrote: As for the video that starts this thread: Is it a good sign that, in 2014, a black man dares to do this sort of stupidity against a white Georgia cop?
What does that have to do with it?

AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

It has little to do with the topic at hand, but is is still insightful.

I'm well less than 100 years old, but I remember times when

- tried to swim the Savannah River with more cnain than he could carry
or
- shot while resisting arrest -- five times -- in the back

would have been possible outcomes of this confrontation
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

AndyK wrote:It has little to do with the topic at hand, but is is still insightful.

I'm well less than 100 years old, but I remember times when

- tried to swim the Savannah River with more cnain than he could carry
or
- shot while resisting arrest -- five times -- in the back

would have been possible outcomes of this confrontation
Understood.

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

JamesVincent wrote:
fortinbras wrote: As for the video that starts this thread: Is it a good sign that, in 2014, a black man dares to do this sort of stupidity against a white Georgia cop?
What does that have to do with it?
My point was that, when I was young and dinosaurs walked the earth, a Georgia cop (white, of course) would not have hesitated to shoot any black person showing the slightest resistance to his authority. Was it a sign of racial progress that this black fool wasn't shot?