Judge Reagan (Cherron Phillips) Writes about Sovs

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Judge Reagan (Cherron Phillips) Writes about Sovs

Post by wserra »

Last week, Judge Michael Reagan, the USDJ who has the Cherron Phillips case, issued a sentencing memorandum. That is a much less common occurrence than it used to be. When the Guidelines had the force of law in federal sentencing, courts were required to put the parties on notice when considering departing from them. Since the Supreme Court decision in Booker several years ago, however, the Guidelines have been advisory rather than binding, so "departures" are not the big deal they were pre-Booker, and courts rarely write these memoranda.

Judge Reagan does explain that he is considering sentencing Phillips above the Guideline (about 4-5 years). However, I think part of the reason he issued that 25-page memo was that he wished to write about sovruns. And write about them he did, mainly in the Phillips context of filing bogus liens. While none of it will come as a surprise to Quatloosians, this is by far the most extensive U.S. judicial discussion of sovs I have seen, and the most extensive anywhere other than Meads (which Judge Reagan cites).

I think we'll likely see more.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Judge Reagan (Cherron Phillips) Writes about Sovs

Post by LPC »

I'm impressed by the judge's willingness to publish his "extra-judicial research" into the sovereign citizen movement.

Great stuff from what seems like a great judge. Thanks for posting.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I agree, and I think it was well written and quite inclusive of the subject. Well worth reading.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
morrand
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by morrand »

Cherron Phillips, a.k.a. River Tali El-Bey and all the rest, was sentenced today to 7 years in prison.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-s ... story.html

Ms. Phillips did not consent.
---
Morrand
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

morrand wrote: Ms. Phillips did not consent.
What's the phrase? Oh, yeah, too bad, so sad. Headline should have been gets 7 years in prison for stupidity.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent

morrand wrote:Cherron Phillips, a.k.a. River Tali El-Bey and all the rest, was sentenced today to 7 years in prison.

Ms. Phillips did not consent.
And no one cared.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Of course, in reality it was only the strawwoman who was convicted. Alas, the natural, living soul, flesh and blood, mudwallowing on the land, woman was super glued to that artificial construct and is now sharing its cell.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote:Of course, in reality it was only the strawwoman who was convicted. Alas, the natural, living soul, flesh and blood, mudwallowing on the land, woman was super glued to that artificial construct and is now sharing its cell.
I wrote about that in the Canadian context once. One of our Freemen, a moron, pled guilty because he thought that the charges were only applicable to his strawman. He thought that the natural man could just waltz out of the court after conviction and jail sentence imposed. Don't forget to write Strawman old friend, I'll think of you at Xmas! He was stunned to find that the jail sentence included him. He appealed the sentence on the basis that he was too stupid to understand what a guilty plea meant. His personal appearance at appeals must have made a vivid impression because he won, conviction quashed, and a new trial ordered on a not guilty plea basis.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

grixit wrote:Of course, in reality it was only the strawwoman who was convicted. Alas, the natural, living soul, flesh and blood, mudwallowing on the land, woman was super glued to that artificial construct and is now sharing its cell.
I look at it this way: they got the wrong one. Unfortunately for Cherron Phillips her strawwoman is touring America at present, having a great time spending the 6 figures in her government bank account and not having to worry about the restrictions of being tied to an idiot in human form. Don't bother to come looking for me in six years.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent

All things considered, and based on evidence we've seen exhibited in the courts, it is entirely possible for someone to really be that stupid and clueless, scary though that is. I do wonder sometimes how the FOTL types manage to dress and feed themselves without supervision.

Cherron, on the other hand knew what she was doing, in fact had researched it, and recanted part of it at one point, and then went back at it full bore, I would be curious to find out what it was that caused her to do that.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Well there was a story yesterday about a would be bank robber in Iran. He didn't understand how he was so easily captured, when he had paid the equivalent of around $500 for an invisibility spell!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
mirele
Swabby
Swabby

Post by mirele »

Judge Reagan refused to toss Cherron Phillips' conviction in a decision reported earlier this week.
The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin reports that the judge found Cherron Phillips had missed deadlines to challenge her conviction and seven-year prison sentence. But the judge says he wouldn’t have overturned the conviction even if she had filed the papers on time.
https://www.dcourier.com/news/2017/aug/ ... lien-case/