Paul John Hansen Gets Federal Indictment

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Paul John Hansen Gets Federal Indictment

Post by Paths of the Sea »

It may be that Paul John Hansen deserves to have a stand alone thread in this forum in light of his recent indictment as a co-conspirator along with Kent Hovind.

I've been looking for some reporting on the case, but have not found any.

The 6 count indictment shared with Kent Hovind is about the Hovind/Hansen efforts to thwart the Government's effort to sell property that Hovind forfeited as a result of criminal activities.

Hansen was reportedly arrested last week which allowed the sealed indictment to be unsealed on Thursday/Friday.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast
Paths of the Sea

Re: Paul John Hansen Gets Federal Indictment

Paul John Hansen Detention Hearing

Docket Entries:

Case # 8:14-mj-00277-TDT
USA v. Hansen

(1) October 23, 2014 - Rule 5 Complaint Out

(2) October 23, 2014 - Order setting hearing or trial

(3) (No #3 posted.)

(4) October 24, 2014 - Oral Motion

(5) October 24, 2014 - Detention Hearing

(6) October 24, 2014 - Audio File

I have not been able to listen to the audio file; can't figure out how to access it. Sounds like it could be a real hoot!

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I am still trying to piece together what his part in all this is. My impression is that he is probably the enabler of Kent's latest round of legal horse hockery, but I'm still not sure how else he fits in to the picture, and more to the point, what he is getting out of all this. That in particular doesn't make sense.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paths of the Sea

This suggests that Hansen may be in federal custody at least until his hearing on the 29th. The detention hearing/audio file was only 8 minutes suggesting Hansen might have tried his usual antics and the Judge cut him off, remanded him to custody, and scheduled a hearing on the 29th.

I still haven't figured out how to listen to the audio file of the hearing! :o(

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!

Full docket text for document 5:

TEXT MINUTE ENTRY for Rule 5 Hearing held in Omaha on 10/24/2014 before Magistrate Judge Thomas D. Thalken as to defendant Paul John Hansen.

A combined detention hearing and identity hearing is scheduled before Magistrate Judge Thalken on 10/29/2014 at 10:30 a.m. Government's oral motion for detention is pending.

Defendant is remanded to the custody of the U.S. Marshal.
Appearance for plaintiff: Frederick D. Franklin.

Appearance for defendant: Paul John Hansen, pro se. Courtroom Deputy: Mary Beth McFarland. No interpreter used during hearing. Court Reporter: Digital Recorder.

Time Start: 2:03 PM; Time Stop: 2:11 PM; Time in Court: 8 Minutes. (MBM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paths of the Sea

notorial dissent wrote:

I am still trying to piece together what his part in all this is. My impression is that he is probably the enabler of Kent's latest round of legal horse hockery, but I'm still not sure how else he fits in to the picture, and more to the point, what he is getting out of all this. That in particular doesn't make sense.

If you review Hansen's website you might get the idea that this involves what it is that Hansen does, and he does have a fee schedule.

Hansen has long been suspected of being one of Hovind's legal dream team and, as I recall, he was thrown out of one of Hovind's proceedings because he was not a laywyer (though at times he claims to be one).

Hansen has been managing Hovind's legal fund and, indeed, enabling him; in this case I think the indictment indicates he facilitated the preparation of documents which were sent by U.S. Mail in order to have them filed in Florida.

The indictment indicates there were others, so maybe the investigation is continuing and others might ultimately be charged.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent

My perception, and I really can't tell you based on what at this point, is that Hansen was the actual brains and scutwork of Hovind's latest efforts to sink his little ship of dreams, and I think between the two of them it has pretty well been accomplished. It certainly should add aggravation to the other legal complaints at this time and go towards enhancing and extending his sentence(s).
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paths of the Sea

notorial dissent wrote:

My perception, and I really can't tell you based on what at this point, is that Hansen was the actual brains and scutwork of Hovind's latest efforts to sink his little ship of dreams, and I think between the two of them it has pretty well been accomplished.

It seems to me that Hovind and Hansen have been quite silent since Hovind got his federal public defender.

It was reported that the Hovind family managed to buy up all the forfeited property that had not been sold. Maybe the family will now raise the money to get a private attorney for the more serious, current indictment issues.

In days gone by Hovind said he got the lis pendens idea from one of his "cellies" in New Hampshire who had problems with financial crimes involving real estate.

Maybe so; maybe not.

Maybe once the cellie put the idea into his head, Hovind got Hansen to get to work on the project and the rest, they say, is history; a history we can look forward to seeing unfold as the case might proceed.

I am also wondering if all those pro se documents Hovind filed over the years where actually typed out on Hansen's typewriter, or someone else's on the team.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Paths of the Sea wrote:Paul John Hansen Detention Hearing

Docket Entries:

Case # 8:14-mj-00277-TDT
USA v. Hansen
Which is District of Nebraska, not Northern District of Florida.

Not letting us know which court does not make it impossible to find, but it does take longer.
Paths of the Sea wrote:(6) October 24, 2014 - Audio File

I have not been able to listen to the audio file; can't figure out how to access it. Sounds like it could be a real hoot!
Not really that funny.

And it was an MP3 file attached to a PDF, which I've never seen before, but it wasn't difficult to figure out. To simplify things, I extracted the MP3 file.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Paths of the Sea

Dan,

Sorry for the failure to mention it was the Nebraska court.

Thanks for the audio file posting.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Here is an old thread on Paul John Hansen:

viewtopic.php?t=4029
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Jeez, this "I am not a 14th Amendment citizen" thing seems to be the rage now.

I recall a guy named L.B. Bork from a couple of years ago who pushed the idea that the 14th Amendment was unconstitutional (I didn't say it makes sense) in large part because it was forced on the southern states.

I don't recall all the mental gymnastics Bork went through, but he somehow arrived at the conclusion that anyone voting in a federal election or claiming to the a citizen of the United States is breaking the law since doing so is to support the 14th Amendment which, in his view, is an act of rebellion against the Constitution.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

This may have been reproduced in a prior thread, but since we have a new thread on this guy, I believe this is appropriate for providing a flavor of Hansen's droolings:
Foremost I love the Lord, His written Word, and the Family of God. My income is primarily derived from rental properties, selling law related briefs and information, and counseling people across the country in living independent of the corporation called the US INC. I am technically a lawyer, counsel, and not a BAR associat [sic] attorney. I understand that the elect of God should promote the Kingdom of God (and His dominion) on earth as it is in Heaven. I am a serious student of Biblical law, and constitutional limitations of the US Government. I have been in court over 350 times. Arrest, oh I lost count. I have received numerous death threats that have come from US STATE agents and officers. Always bogus misdemeanor charges. (Mostly Municipal Housing Codes, right to travel actions, or related acts.) I file [sic] no Federal Income Taxes (1040 Form) since the year 2000. (No filings in any form.)(Always demand a 6203 Assessment when confronted.) I do not pay STATE income tax, or sales tax on major purchases. I pay no COUNTY property taxes though I owned over 28 properties (28 buildings). ( I believe I have discovered a “filing for record” process that takes my Land off the tax roles. ) I do not vote for UNITED STATE [sic], or NEBRASKA STATE, County, or City governing officers. I am a sovereign American by birth right. (Not a US citizen.) I believe in full support of the “perpetual Union” as found in the second of four constitutions, “Articles of Confederation”. I have discovered that a “free American” has the lawful standing to choose to live independent of the corporate US governments, and its legislative statutory courts in the vast majority of his daily life, and to be forced to do otherwise is slavery.
--Paul John ("Drooler") Hansen

http://www.pauljjhansen.com/?page_id=2

Then, in the comments under that posting, comes a question from a reader named "Joseph":
are you a lawyer?
(October 25, 2010).

"Drooler" Hansen responded on November 10, 2010 as follows:
No, I just study law with a passion. I do work with one graduated law student that refuses to get a BAR Association Card. The hardest part of law is to know how to divide the truth from the near truth or half truth. I do not want a BAR control card. One attorney who was also the mayor of the City of Omaha, Nebraska said that a Bar Card is a license to steal. This I have personally witnessed many times.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Thanks.

Yeah, each of these gurus seems to put their own spin on the basic line, which seems to be that they have, through years of arduous study, discovered the means by which the modern legal system has stolen "our freedoms".

They claim to fought the courts to a standstill and will, for a fee, share their secrets of success with you.

The 14th Amendment denier version of this freedom genre would take us all back to the opening scenes of Gone With The Wind, thus denying the countless protections society has extended to people of color, women, gays, lesbians, those accused of crimes and and women who want to control their own reproductive systems.
Paths of the Sea

Finally, a rather misleading update from Hovind's side!

https://www.facebook.com/2peter3/posts/733509416725800

Date: Monday, October 27, 2014
Time: About 12:15 PM MT

‪#‎JustCriminal‬

ATTENTION: SUPPORTERS OF DR. HOVIND

OUR FRIEND JOHN PAUL HANSEN ALSO HAS
BEEN TAKEN TO JAIL!

THIS IS THE US GOVERNMENT'S XIAN
PERSECUTION AT IT'S FINEST!

PLS PRAY FOR DR. HOVIND AND PAUL HANSEN!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/118 ... 311-PM.mp3

---------------------------------------------------------
notorial dissent

I'd say they're a little late on this particular bit of breaking news.
Paths of the Sea

Dan Evans,

It would be nice if you could post the two audio files associated with this latest entry from Omaha. Thank you so very much for your consideration; or anyone else who can get the audio's posted for easy access.

Docket Entry October 29, 2014:

Full docket text for document 7:

TEXT MINUTE ENTRY

For proceedings held in Omaha on 10/29/2014 before Magistrate Judge Thomas D. Thalken as to defendant Paul John Hansen.

Court appoints the Federal Public Defender as stand-by counsel for the defendant.

Detention hearing and identity hearing are held.
Evidence by government and defendant.

Defendant's request to defer this to some other proceeding is denied.

Government's oral motion for detention is granted.

Order forthcoming.

Defendant is found to be the person charged.

Order of Removal to Northern District of Florida to be issued.

Defendant is remanded to the custody of the U.S. Marshal for transfer to charging district.

Appearance for plaintiff: Frederick D. Franklin.
Appearance for defendant: Paul John Hansen, pro se;

Karen M. Shanahan, stand-by counsel, FPD.
Courtroom Deputy: Mary Beth McFarland.

No interpreter used during hearing.
Court Reporter: Digital Recorder.

Time Start: 10:56 AM;
Time Stop: 11:41 AM;
Time in Court: 45 Minutes. (MBM)

----------------------------------------------------
notorial dissent

The thing I'm still trying to figure out is why someone who was charged out of the NE district in the first place is doing in FL when there are still things going on in NE that they are going to want him in court for?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

notorial dissent wrote:The thing I'm still trying to figure out is why someone who was charged out of the NE district in the first place is doing in FL when there are still things going on in NE that they are going to want him in court for?
I think you have it backwards.

The indictment is in Florida, because that's where the liens (or whatever) were filed and so I assume that's the proper venue.

Hansen is a resident of Nebraska, so that's where he as arrested. The hearing in Nebraska was solely for the purpose of determining whether he is the defendant who has been indicted, and whether he should be transported to Florida for trial. He is, and he should.

That should conclude the proceedings in Nebraska, and all further proceedings will be in Florida.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Paths of the Sea

Meanwhile...

The Kent Hovind rally at the courthouse in Pensacola was supposed to be going on all day today as Kent was scheduled to appear this morning.

I have yet to see any reporting on any rally that actually occurred or is occurring and Kent should be before the judge/magistrate at this time; the proceeding may have already concluded.

I wonder if Paul John Hansen made it to Florida in time for the rally and visitation by some of his Hovind supporters.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent

OK, I may have this confused with something else, or am misremembering something I read, but I thought Hansen got busted in NE on lien and other charges, this isn't his first rodeo by any means, and that was why he was in prison to begin with, and then I guess if they were going to charged them both with something out of the FL dist then I can see having them both down there, just not as cellies. I guess what I'm also trying to get at is why they had to haul him all the way to FL when he was in NH when he committed the actual crime, or do they count it as having to be at the place filed?