Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The one and only Kent Hovind and related thread

Post by Paths of the Sea »

GlimDropper wrote:
...Eric...seemed to be doing it "on the straight and narrow."
Has anyone tried to get a copy of the latest Form 990 that Eric's God Quest, Inc. would appear to have been liable to file.

I think that would be for the period ending July 31, 2014.

Guidestar doesn't seem to have published it yet.

People in Pensacola I have asked to drop by and inspect/copy the document have been given the runaround.

When I called the Creation Store I was led to believe that it had been filed but that they do not give it out upon request because they figure Guidestar is good enough and that they were waiting on the IRS to send them a letter as if to verify the filing before they would consider it filed.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm not sure I'd go holding my breath on that 990 if I were you.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paths of the Sea

And so I did make that call!

Kent Hovind v. Robert

The Power Hour - Joyce Riley

Today I was introduced to Joyce's program audience as Robert from Colorado. I was about the 4th call she took from people wanting to talk to Kent. It was about 7:55 AM MT; towards the end of the program's 2nd hour.

I began by saying that I had heard Kent profess his innocence regarding his 2006 conviction and summarize structuring as being taking one's own money out of one's own account and that I thought both of those were false and/or misleading.

At that point Joyce cut me off and terminated the call saying that was not what they were discussing (though it was what Kent had introduced to the show).

I did not hear what followed after I was cut off.

I suppose the program will be archived and my part may or may not included therein.

After I was able to return to the show, I found that the hypocrite Joyce Riley and Kent and the callers did take up a discussion the legal issues to some extent which was denied me.

Shame on them!

Here's the link to the archived program and my call was taken about the 57:45 mark:

http://archives2015.gcnlive.com/Archive ... 925152.mp3

Kent's interview extended into the 3rd hour, the archive which is found at:

http://archives2015.gcnlive.com/Archive ... 925153.mp3

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Paths of the Sea

Rudy Davis broadcast just Kent Hovind's portion of the Joyce Riley show today.

Due to Rudy's editing out the commercialization, my call starts about the 39:00 minute mark and after I make reference to the subjects Kent brought up in the program, his professed innocence and false summarization of the structuring law which I proposed were false and/or misleading, the call is terminated.

Ah, but what happens then in Rudy's broadcast?

There is the sound of a toilet flushing and an poster appears proclaiming there is poison in the tapwater; an anti-fluoride ad if you read the fine print.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dLU_pcT1jQ

Check out the original archived version of the show at Joyce Riley's place:

http://archives2015.gcnlive.com/Archive ... 925152.mp3

My call is taken about the 57:45 mark, terminated a short term later, and the show moves on.

There is no toilet flushing sound and of course no visual because it is a radio show.

I wonder if Joyce Riley knows of Rudy's apparent alteration without any notice and if she cares.

Shame on Rudy and Kent who endorses Rudy and his work in supporting Kent.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

She spun you out real fast!
Paths of the Sea

fortinbras wrote:
She spun you out real fast!
Yep!

I think Kent insists on being able to unilaterally promote his false narrative regarding his legal problems and the last thing he wants to do is have to discuss the matter with someone who might be informed on the issue and can show how his version of things is false.

I wrote to Joyce Riley to find out what she thought about Rudy Davis/LoneStar1776/1776LoneStar's alteration to her program, without attribution/notice, but I haven't heard anything from her on that (probably won't).

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

I heard a rumour that old Kent is heading back to jail, has anyone got any details about that?
Build a man a fire you warm him for the night, light a man on fire and you warm him the rest of his life.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Can’t find nothing. Don’t tease, we could use a big new case.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Baidn wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:47 pm I heard a rumour that old Kent is heading back to jail, has anyone got any details about that?
only thing I've seen lately was posted by mmmirele on fogbow:

http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p1092816
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Apparently, Kent recently filed an attempt to have his tax conviction vacated. It happened on Halloween, perhaps appropriately enough, though I'm sure Hovind would miss the irony of this. It's full of all sorts of crunchy Sovereign Citizen nonsense. It's worth a glance as the Authentic Frontier GibberishTM is copy/pasted from a source I don't recognize.

Enjoy!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreil ... conviction

(Nice to see that mainstream media laughs at him as well as interested amateurs like us...)
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:44 pm https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreil ... conviction

(Nice to see that mainstream media laughs at him as well as interested amateurs like us...)
I have to give the obligatory caution there: forbes.com bears the nameplate of a "mainstream media" publication, but it should not be thought of as one. Forbes will let a very wide variety of people -- people who have good writing skills, but who may or may not know much about the subjects they write about -- post to forbes.com, essentially running a blog under the Forbes banner. Any post whose author is listed as "Contributor" rather than "Staff" is providing this sort of largely-unsupervised freelance content.
texasmike
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by texasmike »

Any post whose author is listed as "Contributor" rather than "Staff" is providing this sort of largely-unsupervised freelance content.
Yeah, in this case, Peter Reilly is a tax blogger and became interested in Kent Hovind's sovcit ways several years ago toward the end of his sentence when he almost landed back in jail after demanding his old property back with menaces from the guy who bought the land when it was auctioned off by the IRS.

He's actually done some pretty good work documenting Hovind's nonsense over the years, and while he isn't the mainstream press, his style and approach are more mainstream than those of most of the people who follow Hovind's antics.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I used to read about him on talk.origins back in the 90s. The description of his new Dinosaur Adventure Land sounds exactly like his old one, down to the rubber band shooting contests. He used to brag about being the park champ. Oh and the zipline mentioned in the article? That's the Pterodactyl Ride. I wish i could get people to give me over 100 acres of land for free.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

And per teh linked article:
You enter at your own risk because there's no liability insurance. Everyone is welcome, and admission is free.
Part of the property is wooded and crisscrossed with dirt trails. The main pond has a "redneck waterslide" made from corrugated plastic tubing, and a zipline from a sand dune on the shore to a light post stuck on a tiny island in the middle of the pond.
[SNIP]
There's a field where he plans to plant a vegetable garden and orchard, and a playground area with swings and a climbing structure shaped like Noah's ark. At the top of it, dinosaurs share space on the ark with more traditional animals. The picnic area behind the Science Center has a fossil-themed sandbox.
Everyone should be just fine.
At any one time, Hovind says there are about 25 people living and working at Dinosaur Adventure Land
I wonder if he will pay his taxes this time, or is he not "employing" these workers this time round? Making everyone work for free and pay him rent?

At least he is making some money hawking his crap
The front room of the Science Center is lined with shelves displaying Hovind's DVDs and books, all available for purchase. It's one stream of revenue for Hovind and the park, along with donations and advertisements from his YouTube channel.
Is this his income, or his 501(c)(3) Is he paying any tax at all, living on the land, and running his "non-profit"?
In recent YouTube videos Hovind has asked his supporters to petition the White House for a presidential pardon for his tax convictions. There's a whole website about it, KentHovindIsInnocent.com.
Wonder if this will work out for him

Apparently he does have some jobs, but again are these "volunteer" or are they paying him to work?
These days, he and his supporters are building more housing for the volunteers who keep coming to Conecuh County.
And he's got jobs for them. At the moment he's looking for a farmer, a carpenter and a petting zoo director.
And then it ends with a lesson in safety:
The sun was out completely by the time the ATVs crested the tallest sand dune on the property. Hovind turned around, calling out over the roar of his four-wheeler to ask if everyone was OK with following him over the highest, steepest slope on the dunes. They were.
He revved his engine, thumbed the throttle and roared over the edge.
I don't know, I think he went over the edge years ago. How long before the next tax raid?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Hovind is big in to affinity fraud, even if it is only against his employees interns and fellow god botherers.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
GMac
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by GMac »

"Redneck waterslide" sounds frightening, having a real "hold my beer" air to it. Makes me think of Action Park (cf.) and their 360 degree waterslide.
However, their version of science is flawed because real science predicts no survivors left alive on earth if my father's Vatican endorsed food process is not revived and frankly immediatly is none too soon! -ERASMUS OF AMERICA
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

GMac wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:49 am "Redneck waterslide" sounds frightening, having a real "hold my beer" air to it. Makes me think of Action Park (cf.) and their 360 degree waterslide.
A young child has already drown there as a result of an accident on Dr. Dolla's cult compound.
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:32 am
GMac wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:49 am "Redneck waterslide" sounds frightening, having a real "hold my beer" air to it. Makes me think of Action Park (cf.) and their 360 degree waterslide.
A young child has already drown there as a result of an accident on Dr. Dolla's cult compound.
https://www.drowningaccidentsattorney.c ... ture-land/

Seriously, that is very messed up.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

NYGman wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:36 am Seriously, that is very messed up.
Don't worry Dr. Dolla' already one upped that, he conned the family into returning to start building a "memorial gazebo" [one that he's wanted to build long before the accident], and is forcing the father to pay for it. Classy as always Dr. Dolla' is...
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss