Another Sovurn Trying To Get His Home On the Range?

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

The Observer
Further Moderator

Another Sovurn Trying To Get His Home On the Range?

Post by The Observer »

A Montana newspaper is reporting on a senior citizen who has gone beyond the call of sovrun duty in trying to reclaim a ranch he lost in divorce proceedings.

Not actually sure that he is in the sovrun movement, but if he isn't, he seems to qualify.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Another Sovurn Trying To Get His Home On the Range?

Post by LPC »

I don't think he's a sovereign; he's just nuts.

Monomania sometimes metastisizes into the sovereign citizen mindset, but sometimes it's just monomania from start to finish.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Seems this is a long running issue for this guy...
Lance served over 28 years in the Montana State Prison as a result of felony intimidation convictions in the three counties that were all tied to his single-minded pursuit of getting his ranch back
When his turn came, Lance immediately asked Langton to grant a retrial on claims the prosecution had withheld evidence that he’d gathered about the petition filed for a restraining order that required him to stay away from the ranch property after his release from prison.
Lance told the judge that if released from jail, he would go back and try to reclaim his property again.
[The Judge] likened Lance’s case to the Greek mythological story of Sisyphus, the mythological king who was punished by the gods by being compelled to roll a gigantic boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back to the bottom and then forced to repeat this action for all eternity.

“Essentially what that is is an eternity of useless effort and unending frustration,” Langton said. “The only difference here is that you’ve condemned yourself to that.”
“Mr. Lance refuses to follow the basic rules of society,” Fulbright said. “Given that, it’s our belief that the only recourse we’re left with is to put prison bars between this defendant and the community.”
He has essentially wasted away 36 years on this, and looks like he will waste the remaining years of his life on this. Some people just can not accept defeat. Obviously defeat can only happen if someone is cheating. They just can't accept the fact that they may be wrong, or that the trying to retake your property, by force and intimidation is not the way to go about things.

I just think it is amazing that he has been on this for this long, and lost his liberty because of it, yet refuses to give up. I don't think it rises to the level of FMOTL/SovCit but is just run of the mill crazy, but not mentally ill:
The judge said he didn’t detect any signs of mental illness in his dealings with Lance.

“I’ve never seen any signs of that either, your honor,” Lance interjects
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Catch 22, if you say you're crazy, you're crazy.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Gregg wrote:Catch 22, if you say you're crazy, you're not crazy.
Yours was Catch 23, Gregg.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume