William Wolf arrested on weapons charge

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

William Wolf arrested on weapons charge

Post by Lambkin »

You may recall William Wolf in his role as Ernie Tertelgte's #1 cheer leader:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9674&p=171269#p171269

Now, after painting a big target on himself, Mr. Wolf has stepped up to the starring role.

http://www.kxlf.com/story/28633451/man- ... achine-gun
Federal authorities arrested William Krisstofer Wolf, 52, on Wednesday at a truck stop in Livingston after Wolf paid an undercover agent $725 for a Saiga-12, fully-automatic shotgun with a shortened barrel.
In a July 2014 webcast, Wolf asked his listeners if they were willing to attempt a restoration of constitutional government and specified, "When the war starts, there won't be anyone who is safe. Just because you have a badge or a black robe isn't going to protect you," said the documents.
Lambkin

Re: William Wolf arrested on weapons charge

Post by Lambkin »

The weapon is apparently a variant of the AK-47, designed to fire 12 gauge shotgun shells.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saiga-12

The complaint relates to the fact that the weapon was capable of fully-automatic firing. Law enforcement was apparently assisted by an informant.

http://montint.cordillera.tv/Bozeman/Wi ... plaint.pdf
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

So much for that November publication date.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Lambkin wrote:The weapon is apparently a variant of the AK-47, designed to fire 12 gauge shotgun shells.
I've fired a semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun, and thought that was pretty scary. But fully automatic? That's ridiculous.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Just in case anyone wants to see what a full-auto 12-gauge will do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxslOcJ9M3s
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

wserra wrote:Just in case anyone wants to see what a full-auto 12-gauge will do:

Lol... the video you linked to was from my buddy Chris over at American Specialty Ammo. I'll have to send him a message about Wolf trying to buy one.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

wserra wrote:Just in case anyone wants to see what a full-auto 12-gauge will do:

That's gotta hurt. (I'm talking about the shooter, not the targets.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Note to self: After ya' publicly brag about killing judges and cops the guy who conveniently shows up offering to sell ya' the means to do so might be a G Man.
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

JamesVincent wrote:

Lol... the video you linked to was from my buddy Chris over at American Specialty Ammo. I'll have to send him a message about Wolf trying to buy one.
Looks like a hell of a lot of fun to shoot, if you're stout enough to have a prayer of controlling it. I noticed he started shooting at the bottom of the door, ended up at the top...
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

Lambkin wrote:
JamesVincent wrote:

Looks like a hell of a lot of fun to shoot, if you're stout enough to have a prayer of controlling it. I noticed he started shooting at the bottom of the door, ended up at the top...
Chris is almost as big as me too. Even with the mechanism taking a part of the recoil out a 12 gauge has a pretty big kick. I've shot a SPAS 12 before, another buddy bought one before they became outlawed, and it kicks like a mule. But, then again, the first time I went deer hunting with my uncle he let me use his old Winchester lever action chambered in .444. For the non-firearm initiated a .444 actually is the size of a hot dog and it's almost all case. I actually knocked a deer back about 6' or so when it hit him.

JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

arayder wrote:Note to self: After ya' publicly brag about killing judges and cops the guy who conveniently shows up offering to sell ya' the means to do so might be a G Man.
Question: Where is the line on something like this when it comes to entrapment? I understand the thought behind charging someone with intent or conspiracy. But according to the article (and I confess, I haven't read the full indictment) he was charged with possession. He didn't have possession until an agent handed it to him. That is something that has bothered me for awhile after watching other Federal cases, like the kid that was charged with having bomb making materiels, after an agent sold them to him. And, to be perfectly honest, reminds me of something that happened to me a few decades ago, back in my non-Angelic past. Even though I got out of it it took a long time to get through it.

BTW, I did message Chris. He had not heard about it and it wasn't any of his as far as he knows. Also put him on alert about people trying to get a hold of stuff like that.

edit: Something I did think about later was, the article said he wanted a flamethrower. Certain types of flamethrowers are actually legal in a lot of states. Maybe he should have stuck with that.

Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

This may have been his last Facebook post, March 25, 8:52AM. That's the day he was arrested.
https://www.facebook.com/Jagdwolf
Time moves forward.....Times do not change. We are now past the greens of Lexington and Concord and on the way to July 1776. Where do you stand. Share these words of our founders with Patriots and those who are in the dark. Why you ask.
Because freedom is not free. It cost many some, and it cost some all.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

William Wolf wrote:Because freedom is not free. It cost many some, and it cost some all.
And it looks like trying to break the law is costing Wolf more than he calculated it would.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Hanslune
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hanslune »

Yeah, I once fired one of the doubled barreled English elephant rifles probably a 4 bore.
Devastating kick.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Hi y'all.

My prediction: this case is going to get a bit bigger...
Demo.
Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Llwellyn »

For those wondering about Entrapment.
Here is the trick about it..

(Sitting in the local bar)

G-man : 'Hi I'm Ron, I own a gun store'

W.Wolf : 'Hi, I'm William.. I love guns, you sell an automatic 12 gauge?'

G-man : 'Well I'm not supposed to really....'

W.Wolf : 'I have cash, lets make a deal'

-- See this here situation.. the gov' man doesn't really initiate it, if the gov' man said .. 'Hey, I have a 12g auto I can sell you' that would be offering and entrapment.. but since the 'mark' makes the offer, and the gov' guy only alludes to things, it' not.

(this is of course, very generalized, so there are lots of variations.. but is the general rule about entrapment)
wserra

Post by wserra »

That's the "inducement" part of entrapment. Then there's "predisposition" . . . which for this guy seems to make inducement all but irrelevant.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Demo!
- David Hume
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

JamesVincent wrote: Question: Where is the line on something like this when it comes to entrapment? I understand the thought behind charging someone with intent or conspiracy. But according to the article (and I confess, I haven't read the full indictment) he was charged with possession. He didn't have possession until an agent handed it to him. . .
wserra wrote:That's the "inducement" part of entrapment. Then there's "predisposition" . . . which for this guy seems to make inducement all but irrelevant.
I think that's about it. Entrapment is when the cops induce somebody to commit a criminal offense he or she would have otherwise been unlikely to commit.

Wolf was chumping at the bit to get something to use to kill cops and judges.
Hanslune wrote:Yeah, I once fired one of the doubled barreled English elephant rifles probably a 4 bore.
Devastating kick.
A popular YouTube phenomenon is to give a gun-ignorant little ole girl, usually in a tiny top, a big gun with a powerful load and film their first shot. Laughter ensues when the trusting neophyte is assaulted by the recoil they never knew was coming.

Besides needlessly teaching an avoidance of firearms, the jokers setting up these tricks don't realize or care that a way too heavy recoil can really hurt people. Heavy bruises, eye socket injuries from recoiling scopes, detached retinas from massive recoil and worse are real possibilities. There is a documented case of a woman being given a massive Smith & Wesson 500 handgun, shooting it and then killing herself when the recoil of her first shot and her inexperienced grip pushed the pistol under her chin. . .only to have it discharge a second time, killing her.

Life ain't fair. She's dead and Wolf is getting three hots and a cot at the tax payer's expense.
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

arayder wrote: Besides needlessly teaching an avoidance of firearms, the jokers setting up these tricks don't realize or care that a way too heavy recoil can really hurt people. Heavy bruises, eye socket injuries from recoiling scopes, detached retinas from massive recoil and worse are real possibilities. There is a documented case of a woman being given a massive Smith & Wesson 500 handgun, shooting it and then killing herself when the recoil of her first shot and her inexperienced grip pushed the pistol under her chin. . .only to have it discharge a second time, killing her.

Life ain't fair. She's dead and Wolf is getting three hots and a cot at the tax payer's expense.
I used to target shoot with a Smith & Wesson N-frame .44 magnum, one handed. Same one I used when I went deer hunting. Guy saw me do it at the range one day, tried it. A few days later one of my friends who worked at a sporting goods store said some guy came in with a big bruise on his forehead, wanting to sell a small frame .44, only fired once.