Washington Freeman films his own drunk-driving arrest

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Washington Freeman films his own drunk-driving arrest

Post by Burnaby49 »

This exchange gives the idea;

The Bellevue officer could also smell alcohol.
The officer said, "Smells like you've been drinking?"
The driver said, "No sir." The talk turns to action.
The driver said, "They're going to tear our window out."
The passenger yelled, "Why is that necessary?"
The officer said, "Get out of the car.
The passenger said, "I'm not getting out of anything."

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Tens ... 98561.html
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Carolina Freeman films his own drunk-driving arrest

Post by NYGman »

http://www.brettsanders.me/2015/01/excl ... indsheild/

More Sovrun goodness, in case you want their point of view...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Jeffrey

Re: Carolina Freeman films his own drunk-driving arrest

Post by Jeffrey »

Hm, where's the full video?

Oops, didn't see the second link.
Burnaby49

Re: Washington Freeman films his own drunk-driving arrest

Post by Burnaby49 »

My mistake on the discussion header. It took place in Bellevue Washington, not in Carolina. While the story referenced a Carolina stop it involved a local boy just down the coast from me by Seattle. So I changed the Header from "Carolina Freeman films his own drunk-driving arrest"
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

Not surprisingly, they are not honest.
Cop1 @ 1:53 wrote:Anytime you operate a motor vehicle on any State....
boys wrote:This isn't a motor vehicle
Guess their definition of motor vehicle is different from the common understanding - either that or it's a straight out conscious lie to the cop.
Cop2 @ 2:32 wrote:he's the driver
driver wrote:I'm not driving
Guess they don't view being in control of the gas and break pedals and steering wheel while the vehicle is in operation as "driving". Again, another definition that drastically difers from the norm or a deliberate straight out lie.
article wrote:The officers then denied the brother’s continued requests for a sergeant or a sheriff and instead gave them “their last warning” to step out of the vehicle.
Well... only half right on that. They did refuse to call the sherrif, however their first request for the supervisor occurred by the driver at 2:43, the officer on that side asked if he wanted the supervisor, the driver confirms yes and at 2:49 the cop reaches up to speak into his mike.
passenger @ 3:43 wrote:can you call a sergeant please
Cop1 @ 3:47 wrote:the sergeant is on his way
Ooopsss.... I guess that does away with the claim that they refused to call for the sergeant. Either the either author is sloppy and only hearing what s/he wants to hear, or a straight out lie by the author.
driver @ 5:58 wrote:I don't have to co-operate with you
Well.... if he honestly believed that, why did he bother to stop, why does he bother to stay?

:snicker: not happy with how the sergeant is working out, now comes a request for the Sherrif @ 6:55.

:lol: - I love how they keep claiming "we're not trying to make your jobs harder" and yet they continue to refuse to co-operate.

It boggles the mind how they think posting such a video will help the avg person think they are someone not doing something wrong. Doesn't seem to be any sense of self-awareness involved at all.

edit note: Now how the heck did that typo get through? If I authored it on my phone, I could understand... but on a standard keyboard?????
Last edited by Hyrion on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

See, in the Sovrun mind, this is just ignorant cops who don't know the law, harassing two peaceful common law abiding travelers, in their private carriage, merely traveling the land. See how the cops harass them, and even resort to breaking that personal property. it also evidence of their contract with the police, that they agreed to pay 13k for the window if broken. Why on earth wouldn't they post this victory over the police.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'm getting stupider every minute. It's been a distracting day. After changing the location of the incident from Carolina to Bellevue Washington, a leap literally "from sea to shining sea", I'm moving it yet again. This time a compromise almost smack in the geographical centre of the original 48 states in Bellevue Nebraska. I'm not changing the topic header again. It can officially stay 150 miles south of my house.

As Wikipedia says about the georgraphical centre;
The geographic center of the contiguous United States is the center of 48 U.S. states. It has been regarded as such by the U.S. National Geodetic Survey (NGS) since the 1912 additions of New Mexico and Arizona to the United States.

It is located about 2.6 miles (4.2 km) northwest of the center of Lebanon, Kansas at
39°50′N 98°35′W / 39.833°N 98.583°W / 39.833; -98.583 (Geographic Center of the Contiguous United States), which is approximately 12 miles south of the Kansas-Nebraska border. While any measurement of the exact center of a land mass will always be imprecise due to changing shorelines and other factors, the NGS coordinates are recognized in a historical marker in a small park at the intersection of AA Road and K-191. It is accessible by a turn-off from U.S. Route 281.

Red Cedar PM
Burnished Vanquisher of the Kooloohs

Post by Red Cedar PM »

Hyrion wrote:
Cop1 @ 1:53 wrote:Anytime you operate a motor vehicle on any State....
boys wrote:This isn't a motor vehicle
Cop2 @ 2:32 wrote:he's the driver
driver wrote:I'm not driving
Ahh yes. This is what we like to call the Sovrun "Liar Liar Pants on Fire" defense. I'm surprised it didn't work. What kind of blithering idiot drives around with a cracked windshield, no rear license plate, and an open bottle of booze, and is this surprised when they get in trouble with the law?

I know a lot of cops and the two in this video were EXTREMELY patient with these nutjobs. When someone doesn't want to identify themselves it's usually because they have warrants in their name or their license is suspended. When someone doesn't want to get out of the car it's usually because there is contraband in the car or on their person, or (like in this case) they are drunk. And these two morons wonder why the cops are acting they way they are.
"Pride cometh before thy fall."

--Dantonio 11:03:07
Grixit wrote:Hey Diller: forget terms like "wages", "income", "derived from", "received", etc. If you did something, and got paid for it, you owe tax.
Red Cedar PM
Burnished Vanquisher of the Kooloohs

Post by Red Cedar PM »

Hyrion wrote:
Ooopsss.... I guess that does away with the claim that they refused to call for the sergeant. Either the either is sloppy and only hearing what s/he wants to hear, or a straight out lie by the author.
Cop 2 says at one point "he wants to talk to you, LT" (shorthand for Lieutenant) and later makes reference to the commander showing up (although s/he is not shown in the video), so this must be their shift commander (who is usually a lieutenant under most City police forces). Regardless, the cops gave these idiots the courtesy of talking to their boss even though it didn't do them any good. The idiots then move the goalposts and ask to speak to "the sheriff" who I presume would be the county sheriff. The implication being that the City cops don't have jurisdiction or authority. At this point the cops have had enough and play time is over.
"Pride cometh before thy fall."

--Dantonio 11:03:07
Grixit wrote:Hey Diller: forget terms like "wages", "income", "derived from", "received", etc. If you did something, and got paid for it, you owe tax.
Dick Dastardly
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Dick Dastardly »

I see on his Youtube channel he is claiming he has had this case dropped
This is the second case I have had dropped and now I'm working on my 3rd.

Some things I have learned about sovruns:

#1 they routinely and blatantly lie
#2 Youtube is their sounding board, with scores of enthusiastic supporters willing to swallow anything fed to them.

Do I believe his case has been dropped? No
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Red Cedar PM wrote:
Hyrion wrote:
Ooopsss.... I guess that does away with the claim that they refused to call for the sergeant. Either the either is sloppy and only hearing what s/he wants to hear, or a straight out lie by the author.
Cop 2 says at one point "he wants to talk to you, LT" (shorthand for Lieutenant) and later makes reference to the commander showing up (although s/he is not shown in the video), so this must be their shift commander (who is usually a lieutenant under most City police forces). Regardless, the cops gave these idiots the courtesy of talking to their boss even though it didn't do them any good. The idiots then move the goalposts and ask to speak to "the sheriff" who I presume would be the county sheriff. The implication being that the City cops don't have jurisdiction or authority. At this point the cops have had enough and play time is over.
This sounds like classic posse comitatus stuff....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Or classic ignorance of how reality works???
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Actually, the Robin Hood theory of sovereign law states that, as the law of the day back then made the Sheriff of Nottingham the law of the land, so today, under the common law, the modern day Sheriff also is the law of the land and trumps all.

Haven't you all seen Smokey and the Bandit? How do you think Sheriff Buford T Justice was able to chase down the Bandit accross state lines with immunity?

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And like so much else FOTL, so VERY VERY wrong. The Sheriff of Nottingham was the supreme Crown official in the area, but he was Supreme by virtue of Royal decree and writ, i.e. statute law of the time. There was and is no such thing as a "common law" sheriff. The Sheriff existed soley at the pleasure of the Crown/King. He didn't make the law, he just enforced the law(s) (of the king)in the physical absence of the Crown. The Sheriff was and is a crown official.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Presumably the twit who posted this video, either the driver and/or his buddy, wanted to (I guess) show how brave and smart they were against some rural Barney Fifes. But to those who view it while cold sober, it simply shows how to have about $300 damage done to your car, followed by an even larger dent from a court hearing. The passenger, after all, wasn't in any trouble until he decided he was going to be stubborn.

Does anyone know the names of these geniuses and whether their video got favorable responses anywhere?