DMVP in the news

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: DMVP in the news

Post by The Observer »

DMVP wrote:The Test Have you considered how subtle the Trust is? Consider the Serpent in the Garden.
How apropos - with David starring as the Serpent.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

This just in! More spam from Davey the pelt!
James Roland BISHOP - Jim Bishop - has put Bishop Castle in an irrevocable trust with yours truly as the First Trustee. This assures that the Castle will be free and open to the public on a donation basis for decades if not centuries to come.

http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/forumdis ... URCH-TRUST

www.bishopcastle.us
www.bishopcastle.co
www.bishopcastle.mobi

Bishop Castle Colorado is on FaceBook too!
Do with it what you will. I suggest eye rolling.

Peace.
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

AndyK wrote:and totally out of contact with our brand of reality.
Is anyone obliged to be IN contact with YOUR brand of reality. (Emphasis by me to utilise emphasis rather than swearing and profanity). Would you go about jailing the man because he wishes to act outside of your
brand of reality.
It seems he's not actually hurt anyone. No injury, loss, harm etc so what would be the issue? Why go a bout trying to control harmless people. Leave them be.
He is sick.
Is he and by whose measure? :roll:
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

pigpot wrote:
AndyK wrote:and totally out of contact with our brand of reality.
Is anyone obliged to be IN contact with YOUR brand of reality. (Emphasis by me to utilise emphasis rather than swearing and profanity). Would you go about jailing the man because he wishes to act outside of your
brand of reality.
It seems he's not actually hurt anyone. No injury, loss, harm etc so what would be the issue? Why go a bout trying to control harmless people. Leave them be.
He is sick.
Is he and by whose measure?
PP was not here during David's salad days and clearly hasn't bothered to research or read anything about David except for this thread.

Thus, it is appropriate to reply to his questions / comments.

Obviously, it isn't necessary for anyone to accept the reality which is obvious to all but a very few people on the planet. However, David has not only constructed his own, unique world view; he has constantly attempted to sell (for real money) his reality to others. Unfortunately for the others, some of them actually believe him and follow his advice.

As to " he's not actually hurt anyone," that's about as far from the truth as possible. Some years ago, he was living in his own apartment in his mother's home. During that time, he was arrested and jailed due to a charge of assault, battery, and abuse against a senior citizen. The charge was filed by the victim of the abuse: his mother.

As to whether or not he is sick, the trial in the abuse matter was never held because (subsequent to a psychiatric evaluation) David was found mentally incapable of understanding the charges against him or of assisting in his own defense.

So, PP should do some research as to background facts before shooting from the hip.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

Jim Bishop is an artist and an idiot. His castle is a thing of beauty, a testament to his will, vision and determination. That none of his heirs are in any way likely to benefit from his (and their) years of effort is a tribute to his suborn refusal to accept reality. David Merrill Van Pelt is just the final insult to injury, he isn't the source of the disease.

There seems to be some question as to if the land the castle is built on is owned by Mr. Bishop or if it's federal park land. I don't know the status of this claim, it's distantly secondary but (many) years ago this could have either been resolved or otherwise settled so that no question remained.

A legitimate not for profit status would have provided a clear legal structure with designated officers and beneficiaries, sure very minimal taxes would have been paid and what ever passes for building codes out in the boonies of Colorado would have been enforced but stuff like that is a hell of a lot cheaper to comply with before construction than after. But if the very basic requirements of living and building in one of the United states had been observed, Jim Bishop and his family would hold legal rights to Bishop's Castle today and after his death.

In a way Bishop serves as a prototype of the Dean Clifford's of the world. His whole "you ain't the boss of me" mindset might have worked in some ways and at some times but refusing to "contract" with the government has more down sides than it may appear. Refusing legitimate legal structures leaves him open to exploitation by purveyors of imaginary legal structures like David Merrill and while Merrill has no legitimate legal claim to the property he sure as hell has a (totally bogus) legal argument that he does. Throw in untold number years of unpaid property taxes, any and all other sundry legal issues surrounding the property and it becomes a legitimate question as to if Bishops family has the resources to save what has without a doubt been the focus of their father's and to an extent, their lives as well.

Most of this sovereign freeman bull crap is laugh and point material to me. I still grieve for the victims but in general these victims come with unclean hands. I don't know if Jim's kids are fellow travelers, adherents to or victims of his anti social attitudes. But it seems the did add hours of effort to what is a truly lovely building and the odds of them being able to visit it in the future without buying a ticket would appear to be less than a coin flip.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

GD, I think you have pretty well, if regrettably, summed up Bishop, his character, and his project, and the general and immense clusterbunny that has become his current life, and probably his family's legacy.

I don't know if he has been a sovcit from way back or just came to it as his issues with well all gov't in general and regulation escalated. I know at one point he attempted to secede from the county down there when they got after him about something, and I know property taxes were one of the things he was having a fit about.

Now a few things that may add a little clarity to all this, that part of the state in general, and that part of that county in particular has been home to the serious we don't wanna play with you or follow rules and regulations crowd for as long as I've known, and apparently from stories people have told me a whole lot longer than that. In fact, some of those denizens make the Ozark and Blue Ridge hillbillies look positively civilized and sane by comparison. Sovcits, end of the worlders, preppers, survivalists, religions you've never heard of and never want to, you name it and you can find it down in that area. Some of them, as long as you can keep them off their pet mania(s), can be and are quite nice and even entertaininge, others just plain damn scary. On it's plus side it is incredibly gorgeous country, I won't argue that at all, it just is, incredibly so. On the negative side, it is/was, and may still well be pi** poor both monetarily and agriculturally. There is/was no industry/economy/anything much down there so property was dead cheap which made it attractive to the whackadooster crowd. It is also hottern' blazes in the Summer and gets miserably cold in the Winter, lost of snow making things pretty much impassable at times. The ground in most places is a few inches of tolerable mountain top soil, i.e. it will grow pine trees or whatever it is they have down there, and not much else, over rock, lots and lots and lots of rock, think glacial moraine lots and lots of rock. Rock is something they don't have a shortage of down there, water on the other hand can be problematic at that altitude and the best of times, in other words, not in a good way.

Bishop was on the verge of losing his castle a number of times, until as I understood it someone took pity on him and helped him get straight with the state and get a non-profit set up and properly set up. I don't know how long that lasted, but obviously not long enough if he let Merrill get involved in it, and he and Merrill have been sharing lunacies for a number of years that we know of from comments that Merrill dropped. I really am sorry to see this happen, as one of the possible pitfalls since I'm sure that Bishop had let the official stuff go is that the county might have put up with him as local color, they won't with Merrill and it could all very well, very soon come tumbling down.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Here's the latest poop to offer dishonor to my in box:
Hello everybody; David Merrill here. It is time for southern Colorado to heal from all this emotional abuse. The Trust was never served and so this is all a non-event. Learn more in a few moments on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHXrdXlJ5GI The women should be ashamed of beating Jim down like that while he was sick - namely Shelly, Phoebe, Donita, Valerie, Brenda and Marla. Jim is still the biggest most honorable man in the world; let him be good for his word, wont you?
You can download the video off my gdrive and save it for hystorical purposes. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1EaV_ ... sp=sharing
Peace
Ninj
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

DMVP wrote:You can download the video off my gdrive and save it for hysterical purposes
Fixed it for you, David.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Saving for Suitors site is getting more boring by the day. There is still plenty of patented DMVP-style political lunacy to be found there; but more and more of the site seems to be devoted to turgid religious discourse.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

I must have missed it; looks like Merrill is left out in the cold on this one? http://www.westword.com/news/famed-road ... ng-7182658
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Nevertheless, he will claim to be "Trustee-Castle Church" or some equally useless title implying he "won" the case for the rest of his life. DMVP doesn't ever lose, he's always "awaiting the courts to issue my ruling".
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I've long since stopped making regular visits to Planet Merrill; but I did just now and there is not single word about Bishop Castle.

I wonder why? :roll: :shrug:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

There are some amazing details in that link:
David Merrill, a man (Jim Bishop) considered a friend, talked Jim into making him a trustee of Bishop Castle. And soon, Merrill was claiming that he owned the property.
No further comment necessary.
and was turning it into Castle Church — for the Redemption
I give him credit for this: that's the perfect name for a church led by David Merrill Van Pelt. I wonder what special meaning the em dash is supposed to impart.
according to the Custer County Clerk and Recorder’s Office.
This must be the "my clerk" DMVP always speaks of: the unfortunate county employee tasked with accepting, stamping, and "filing" all his nonsense.

Which makes me wonder: is the Clerk & Recorder's Office citing this name from a document with some legal merit, or some gibberish paperwork DMVP sent to them? If the latter, this is probably the most seriously DMVP's filings have ever been taken.
(The Bishops) won a restraining order against Merrill, which at least allowed them to access the castle while the case went to court.
This implies that DMVP barred the Bishops from Bishop Castle.
The Bishops have acquired close to $20,000 in legal costs fighting for their castle.

This Friday's event at Pike's Peak Harley Davidson in Colorado Springs — originally scheduled as a think tank to brainstorm saving the castle — will now move on to helping figure out how to support the family.
I suspect most of this expense stems from their completely unnecessary involvement with DMVP. And does not include whatever they paid him for his services. If I may respond to an old comment: this is the harm people like DMVP do.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The harm which DMVP does goes far beyond this. His main "scams in trade" seem to still be "redeeming lawful money" and "remedy" (and Heaven forbid you should criticize him. My family member "bobbinville" got banned from Planet Merrill because I was "bashing remedy" here).
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

The word I have used to describe Merrill for a long time has been snake. It's an apt descriptor.

Ninj
notorial dissent

You're being far too kind, and is actually a defamation against serpentdom.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

TheNewSaint wrote:This must be the "my clerk" DMVP always speaks of: the unfortunate county employee tasked with accepting, stamping, and "filing" all his nonsense.

Which makes me wonder: is the Clerk & Recorder's Office citing this name from a document with some legal merit, or some gibberish paperwork DMVP sent to them? If the latter, this is probably the most seriously DMVP's filings have ever been taken.
From what I recall, the "clerk" that David claimed "worked" for him was actually in reference to the local court clerks where he filed his gibberish in his "evidence repository." It is possible that David may have also referred to county recording office clerks in the same way as well.
This implies that DMVP barred the Bishops from Bishop Castle.
It was probably the next obvious step once David told the Bishops that he was the owner of the property and they disagreed.
I suspect most of this expense stems from their completely unnecessary involvement with DMVP. And does not include whatever they paid him for his services. If I may respond to an old comment: this is the harm people like DMVP do.
Another example would be the Montana Freemen who listened to David and had him turning out the phony financial security documents that they passed around. Of course they did enough damage on their own to themselves that what David did to them pales in comparison.

notorial dissent

Merrill's clerk was some poor soul at either the El Paso County Clerk's Office or the Federal District Court in Denver, never could quite decide which, but I always thought it was the poor soul at El Paso who had to deal with him.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

notorial dissent wrote:You're being far too kind, and is actually a defamation against serpentdom.
Report this to the SerpentKing!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

The Observer wrote:From what I recall, the "clerk" that David claimed "worked" for him was actually in reference to the local court clerks where he filed his gibberish in his "evidence repository." It is possible that David may have also referred to county recording office clerks in the same way as well.
I suspect every clerk DMVP has ever dealt with is "my clerk." He does like to assign ownership of things to himself.