Post by Demosthenes »

The video of David talking about his mom and Schulz is worth watching:

http://gazette.com/colorado-springs-ins ... 0158326001
Demo.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: DMVP in the news

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Demosthenes wrote:The video of David talking about his mom and Schulz is worth watching:

http://gazette.com/colorado-springs-ins ... 0158326001
The man formerly known as van Pelt sounds reasonable in that video. Doesn't seem to match the person who was posting here.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Arthur Rubin wrote:The man formerly known as van Pelt sounds reasonable in that video. Doesn't seem to match the person who was posting here.
And one of the reasons why I think that David is not really incompetent. I think he just adopts a persona or behavior in an attempt to manipulate and mislead people, particularly those who would be fooled by such behavior in believing that the word salad he generates is full of big words, thus David must really know what he is talking about.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I dunno -- I've seen my share of sociopaths who sound very rational when they speak. I am NOT accusing DMVP of being a sociopath; but I will suggest that he can be quite rational in certain situations, as in this video. It's when it comes to things like taxes and money that his delusions manifest themselves.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

A few things dave had posted in the past.... he worked for Honeywell and had top level clearance at a military base, he is an expert on freemasons and has special privileges at a grand lodge in Colorado so he could access secret books, he rides a dirt bike that runs in part on water, he helped invent USB memory sticks..... those are a few of my favorites. When I ran him off on another forum what did it, I mean really made his cheese fall off his cracker, was when I suggested I would write letters to the other Montana freeman and ask thier opinion on self claimed tresurer dave merril. Then the hatred and track shoes came right out.

I don't think he is a sociopath. He just likes to plump up his ego.

Peace
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Hey -- if anyone is going to be in eastern Colorado around the end of June, there is a party going on:

http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showthre ... #post17837
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Post by davids »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Hey -- if anyone is going to be in eastern Colorado around the end of June, there is a party going on:

Oh holy F%^* I couldn't handle being in the room with so much lunacy. But if I could, it would be hilarious. I just wouldn't be able to maintain a straight face and would probably end up being "disappeared" due to offending the tribunal at Dennys or something of similar high consequences.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Just like a sovcit to muscle in on someone else's (nearly 50 years!) of work.

Otoh, i have to partly agree with the government about the creator's use of public property, there should be costs, even if they are just token amounts.

Ot3h, it is a cool looking place, but as a californian, my first reaction is to ask is there any rebar in the concrete?

Ot4h, it means that Merrill has proven to be savvy enough to secure himself a place to live rent-free.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

grixit wrote:Ot3h, it is a cool looking place, but as a californian, my first reaction is to ask is there any rebar in the concrete?
Shouldn't be a problem unless the Yellowstone Supervolcano goes....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

David reminds me, somewhat, of Lyndon LaRouche. Both are -- or were -- intelligent people who went through some sort of transformation into articulate and voluminous proponents of the some of the most preposterous hogwash to surface on Planet Earth.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Typical megalomania, he'd talk the ear off a donkey. I have known people like that, most see them coming and walk the other way because there is no real conversation possible or give and take.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Hey -- if anyone is going to be in eastern Colorado around the end of June, there is a party going on:

"Interplanetary entertainment"? Hey, this could be a fun party!

BTW, this is not eastern Colorado. The eastern part of the state is a flat lot of nothing, it is more an extension of Kansas.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Assuming everything goes as planned for David; what is going to happen when he gets the first property tax bill?

I envision another long, entertaining saga through the courts.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Here is the link to what could be called the "Woostock 2015" festival:

http://www.interplanetaryone.com/

I'm particularly interested by the fact that, while Planet Merrill has evolved into a site where religion (of a particular variety) is the dominant theme, much of this festival seems to draw from the well of New Age Woo-Aid.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The epic fail potential here is high.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

AndyK wrote:Assuming everything goes as planned for David; what is going to happen when he gets the first property tax bill?

I envision another long, entertaining saga through the courts.
It's a good observation. I am sure David will be looking at ways to declare the property to be an actual church and therefore exempt from all sorts of taxation. I was surprised to see the "donation" box has not already been converted to a "lawful money converter."

But I think before that ever hits the horizon, David is going to have to be figuring out how to contest the charges he cheated a dying man out of property under false pretenses. My take on this is that David convinced this man that the property could be placed in a trust that would be perpetual and keep it preserved as an attraction for the public to see. I can see why this would have appeared to be an option to a dying man who probably believed he couldn't afford to pay an attorney to create such a trust. Given that he appears to be a person who doesn't trust "the system" in the first place, he was susceptible to David's gobbledygook.

Was this a stupid move on his part? Yes. Should David get off scot-free because people are stupid at times? No. Unless of course one agrees with the adage that if God didn't want people sheared, He wouldn't have made them sheep.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Here is the link to what could be called the "Woostock 2015" festival:

http://www.interplanetaryone.com/

I'm particularly interested by the fact that, while Planet Merrill has evolved into a site where religion (of a particular variety) is the dominant theme, much of this festival seems to draw from the well of New Age Woo-Aid.
These "events" are surprisingly similar, like the "Porcupine Festival": http://porcfest.com/schedule/#

What they do in terms of entertainment, recreation, "seminars" and talks, etc., generally are not that good for obvious reasons.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

The Observer wrote: Was this a stupid move on his part? Yes. Should David get off scot-free because people are stupid at times? No. Unless of course one agrees with the adage that if God didn't want people sheared, He wouldn't have made them sheep.
We need a like button....
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I've avoiding commenting much on this because David cannot defend himself here and when I go off on him, I don't hold back much. To me he is one of the most despicable masses of protein and fat on this planet and the one he lives on even before this came up and if he's going to really steal this man's property I can only hope he finds a way to eventually end up in prison for something arising from it, but I'm not the Supreme Exalted Terrifying yet Beneficent Ruler for Life yet, and until I am I just sit and watch.

In Loveland, Ohio, there is a Castle, built one rock at a time by a wonderful man Named Harry Andrews, Chateu LeRoche.

http://www.lovelandcastle.com/

I have a considerable history there, I was one of Harry's "Knights" and indeed, if you ever go, you will find a picture of a 12 year old me on the wall by the first floor staircase and in the Chapel, the only name Harry himself ever imbedded in a wall was mine, along with a stone I brought him back from Canada in 1972. When Harry died I was 16 and I remember the things that the organization had to go through in order to preserve the castle and how close we came to either losing it or it being closed to the public for among other things, safety concerns, hand rails and such, and later when a Judge and a very nasty lady who wanted to do good tried to make us make a real castle built from 1930-1990 comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and she was gonna have the place closed if we didn't make it possible to get a wheelchair up on the 4th floor fighting deck....but I digress. We had a lot of really fine people helping us, not a few damn good lawyers all working for free thank you very much, to keep the place the way Harry would have wanted it, and frankly I don't see David being the kind of person up to the job of preserving a similar place, even if he was straight up trying to preserve a similar place and not, well, doing what David does.

Fact is, without someone there taking care of the place, it'll be unfit to visit in just a few years, the costs of keeping it up (once the owner isn't in residence, the legal situation changes significantly and the costs of complying with the rules and documenting that you do are not cheap) and, well, David on his best day isn't half the man this needs.

And that pisses me off.....
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Unfortunately, whatever he does, David has one major ace up his sleeve: It has been determined that he is mentally unfit to stand trial.

Thus, unless he perpetrates a major felony causing physical harm to someone, it is likely that he will simply ealk away from any minor criminal proceedings or civil actions.

Jailing him will accomplish absolutely nothing (other than providing free room and board).

Instead, there should be some way of quarantining him to stop him from spreading his infections to others.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders