Please tell me this is a hoax.

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Please tell me this is a hoax.

Post by grixit »

Because if it isn't, a whole new depth of sovidiocy is about to be plumbed.

http://www.timesnews.net/article/908954 ... terfeiting
A Kingsport woman told police she was counterfeiting money because she read online that President Barack Obama made a new law allowing her to print her own money, according to a police report.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Please tell me this is a hoax.

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Unfortunately, it is not a hoax. It's the case of someone who is nine cents short of a dime believing something she saw on a satirical web site.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by noblepa »

Hey, they couldn't put something like that on the internet, if it wasn't true, could they? :shrug:
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Does anyone know of this "rumor" about Obama permitting homebrew currency?? Got a URL for it?

This twit had two different explanations - a fake $5 from a gas station, and a fake $100 because Obama permitted it - she's clearly not a criminal genius. Her big mistake is that this involves a Federal crime - no friendly hometown jail convenient to visitors.

It would seem that at some point she had a $100 bill in order to xerox it. I suspect that somewhere she has other xeroxes of a $100 bill - and may have already passed some without being immediately detected.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Inside they found several items consistent with being used to print counterfeit currency including paper, scissors, glue and a printer.
This was not a "sophisticated" attempt.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Jeffrey wrote:
Inside they found several items consistent with being used to print counterfeit currency including paper, scissors, glue and a printer.
This was not a "sophisticated" attempt.
If Obama had approved the private printing of money it didn't have to be sophisticated. Anything would do.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

noblepa wrote:Hey, they couldn't put something like that on the internet, if it wasn't true, could they? :shrug:
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

I have to admit that this still just screams 'hoax' to me. Impossibly perfect story. No police report or other documentation. Doesn't appear in the same site's police blotter, even though there have been other entries since the incident. All the other sites running the story link back to this same original source, with none I can find that provide any new information or authentication.
Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Llwellyn »

grixit wrote:Because if it isn't, a whole new depth of sovidiocy is about to be plumbed.

http://www.timesnews.net/article/908954 ... terfeiting
A Kingsport woman told police she was counterfeiting money because she read online that President Barack Obama made a new law allowing her to print her own money, according to a police report.
Yes a whole new sum of stupidity.. some internet hoax or joke web site probably stated this. Or some Freeman/Sovereign moron web site made some delusional claim of the sort (see Peter of England, and how Banks Create Money scam). I looked around and found about 15 publications from various news / independent story locations about this woman. A complete Nutter, sadly the story isn't a hoax.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Well, any other instances of people counterfeiting because they were told Obama permitted it??

Anyone find a URL for this internet report of Obama approving homebrew money??

Then I would think this twit is lying about why she attempted to pass fake money.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

fortinbras wrote:Well, any other instances of people counterfeiting because they were told Obama permitted it??

Anyone find a URL for this internet report of Obama approving homebrew money??

Then I would think this twit is lying about why she attempted to pass fake money.

http://theskunk.org/2009/02/obama-wants ... own-money/ prehaps
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

I have deep sense of pity for the public defender on this one.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

NYGman,

O mercy! The public defender might have a hope of pleading mental defect.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:I have deep sense of pity for the public defender on this one.
Actually, just based on her actions, and possibly letting her speak for a bit I'd say a really good and valid shot at diminished capacity, they don't have to know it wasn't there to begin with, and I think that would be a slam dunk. I really do think this woman is too stupid to be let loose without a keeper as it is, and suspect that she is so gullible that she'll believe anything.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

There oughta be a law. Satire and sarcasm must be outlawed immediately to protect our citizens who are unable to think.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Such severe censorship, just to protect 97% of the American public.