Tpache Muhuna El Gives up, cops a plea

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Tpache Muhuna El Gives up, cops a plea

Post by Burnaby49 »

He was only Tpache Muhuna El for a short while. When he agreed to plead no contest to charges of involuntary manslaughter, drunken driving, reckless driving and driving with a suspended license he reverted to plain-vanilla Terry Whorley.

http://m.roanoke.com/news/virginia/bedf ... l?mode=jqm

Turned out that going full sovereign in court didn't work as well as he'd hoped.
Whorley argued that Rockbridge County authorities lacked jurisdiction to prosecute him, saying his case should fall under maritime law — despite the fact the county is more than 200 miles from the Atlantic.

“I didn’t get it, quite frankly,” said Melvin Hill, a Roanoke attorney who represented Whorley.

During a hearing last month, Whorley demanded that he be called Tpache Muhuna El, Commonwealth’s Attorney Bucky Joyce said.

“He filed some papers that had sovereign citizen earmarked all over them,” the prosecutor said. “It was just gobbledygook.”

Whorley initially represented himself. Judge Michael Irvine revoked Whorley’s bond and sent him to jail last month after he became argumentative in court. After a few weeks in custody, Whorley agreed to let Hill represent him.

“After the time he spent in jail, he didn’t raise the sovereign citizen issue, either with me or the court,” Hill said.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Tpache Muhuna El Gives up, cops a plea

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

If you don't actually know someone who has spent time in a local/county jail who might be able to describe the conditions under which they live, simply consider the fact that, yes, you can indefinitely survive on the "meals" that are provided.

But you have to go beyond that - imagine living in a rather small cage in the company of people in other small cages who are there for reasons that don't happen to be crimes they committed for which they've never been charged with, let alone held accountable for.

In any given local/county jail you will encounter people who have committed any number of ugly crimes they simply got away with. Most of them are, by and large, sociopaths who happen have finally encountered a law enforcement officer who just happened to be at the right place at the right time and instinctively wouldn't take a chance on letting them go.

It's a very unpleasant environment and bad things do happen even if supervisory rigor is well enforced - and it isn't in far too many facilities. Poorly paid, marginally trained and inadequately supervised people are faced with everything from drunks to chemically-impaired psychopaths on a daily basis.

Anyone "stoopid" enough to go through the judicial system with the idea that even a few hours of incarceration is worth the ego trip needs to have a more rational adult/friend slap them upside the head a few times.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Tpache Muhuna El Gives up, cops a plea

Post by The Observer »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:nyone "stoopid" enough to go through the judicial system with the idea that even a few hours of incarceration is worth the ego trip needs to have a more rational adult/friend slap them upside the head a few times.
No, they just need to be given what they wished for. That is what happened to Whorley and he quickly got cured of his sovrunitis.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff