Dale Lester Morris - Robbing Banks in Style

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Dale Lester Morris - Robbing Banks in Style

Post by Burnaby49 »

However if you prefer to call him something besides Lester he also answers to Dale Horne, Big Daddy Horne, Killer Money Horne, Calvin Brown, Butch Morris and a number of variations of his name

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/ind ... obber.html

Morris is accused of robbing the Bank of Ann Arbor, 7 W. Michigan Ave., while wearing a fedora on July 8 and robbing Eastern Michigan University Credit Union, 761 Jenness St., while wearing a baseball hat on July 9.

His defense?
He told the court at a previous hearing that he would like to file a motion to dismiss the case, court records show.

Assistant Washtenaw County Prosecutor Brenda Taylor said Morris also sent a letter in which he said it would be a form of usurpation and treason if the county were to proceed in the case.

After an extended break for Simpson to review the case, and apparent reluctance to bring the verbally combative defendant back in, Morris told the court that the statute that makes bank robberies illegal is invalid because it does not have an enacting clause, which declares legislative authority.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Re: Dale Lester Morris - Robbing Banks in Style

Post by Burnaby49 »

Just been reading the comments. Some prick already wants to rain on Dale's parade;
brainpinky

I'll offer this insight to Mr. Morris in the odd chance that he puts more stake in the online comments of random strangers than the advice of legal counsel:

The law against bank robbery in the state of Michigan is codified in the Michigan Penal Code, listed as Act 328 of 1931. Specifically, bank robbery is outlawed by Section 750.531. After the preamble of Act 328, prior to the listing of the sections, is a short phrase: "The People of the State of Michigan enact:"

This is known as an enacting clause. It pertains to all items listed after the colon. There is no need to include a separate enacting clause for each section and subsection. In fact, the mere act of officially publishing a law in an official register is normally deemed sufficient even if no statement of enaction is included.

If this is his actual defense, I feel sorry for him. Unless of course, he's trying to set up an insanity plea. Unfortunately for him, the intention to take action in order to support an insanity plea is normally sufficient evidence against the plea itself.

In other words, enjoy your 3 hots and a cot for the rest of your life buddy.
If you plead insanity it proves that you are not insane? Where have I heard that before?
There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane, he had to fly them. If he flew them, he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to, he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Dale Lester Morris - Robbing Banks in Style

Post by notorial dissent »

Now he could easily plead stupidity, I don't think he'd get any arguments on that. Otherwise, this ones dumbern' a box of rocks.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.