The b.a.r. needs a bouncer.

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: The b.a.r. needs a bouncer.

Post by fortinbras »

With reference to the "GAME OVER" posting reported two entries back, this was filed by the defendant in US v. John Parks Trowbridge Jr. (E.D. Texas). Trowbridge is a chronic tax scofflaw.

It repeats the jurisdictional dithering that Trowbridge already tried in US v. Trowbridge (5th Cir. 2/3/2015) 591 Fed.Appx 298, 2015 USTC ¶ 50180, 115 AFTR2d 743, cert.den (6/8/2015) _US_, 135 S.Ct 2816, 192 L.Ed.2d 850. Trowbridge tried to argue that federal district courts did not have jurisdiction over civil tax cases, and that if he denied being a US citizen he made himself invisible to the IRS; it will surprise you to know that he failed on both arguments. The court also took notice that he had tried this same lame arguments, with equal lack of success, in cases about ten years earlier and so the court granted the govt's suggestion for an additional penalty ($8Gs) for frivolous pleading.

The case in which that particular posting was filed in District Court also reached a decision on August 8, 2015, 116 AFTR2d 6091, allowing a period of time for last minute objections and arguments before it was finalized, which it was on Sept 10th, 116 AFTR2d 6095, so Trowbridge's filing, which was the topic of the posting two entries back, was after the deadline and moreover beat an extremely deceased horse.
mirele
Swabby
Swabby

Post by mirele »

Trowbridge has also been shut down on filing any further appeals in the 5th Circuit until he pays his fines:
We also order that Trowbridge be barred from filing any further appeals in this court until (1) the sanctions awarded by this court are fully paid; and (2) a district court certifies his appeal as having some arguable merit.
(I didn't know Google Scholar had cases, but it does, and here's the link to this one; https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case ... i=scholarr)
KickahaOta
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by KickahaOta »

Taking that stuff to the Fifth Circuit, of all places. That's gutsy. Or maybe just nutsy.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

At the recent ConspiraSea conference Sean David Morton cited this case as "a Supreme Court Case" establishing that federal courts lack jurisdiction outside federal zones. Specifically, he put the "Supreme Court Case" up on the screen for everyone to see. As far as I could tell it was from https://supremecourtcase.wordpress.com/. Perhaps he was confused by the URL.

I challenged him after his presentation, pointing out in front of a reporter that he was full of shit. He offered to correct the mistake (as if it was the only one) before a panel the next day. He did so by saying that he was wrong to say the case was decided, and told them all it was still under consideration by the Supreme Court.

It would be maddening if it wasn't so sad, and saddening if it didn't make me so mad.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Thieves gonna steal.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And lie, don't forget lie.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

And go to jail. Just found out Morton and his wife were arrested when they got off the boat. Can't believe I missed it! Must have happened right near where I was.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news ... government
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

"The federal government may be very interested in me. What should I do? I know! I'll loudly publicize that I'll be aboard a ship taking a predictable path for a fairly long period of time, advertising exactly the sort of activities that made the government interested in me in the first place! What could go wrong?"
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Just like WS, perhaps it is a cunning plan to actually trap the government, a reverse Sting... :sarcasmon:
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

I foresee a couple somehow disappearing while out on bail.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

I'm surprised the feds let them get on the boat, both because we stopped in Mexico (although I don't see these two as flight risks) and because they got to spend a whole week teaching people to commit crimes.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I suspect he is the type who thinks he'll never get caught, until he does. After all, it takes a certain amount of ego to do what they do, and that ego, not common sense, tells them they are invincible and can't fail. Happened to Barkin' Larkin and all the biggies who thought they'd never get caught and go to jail. Just takes time sometimes.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.