Mos Def - Busted for being a World Citizen!

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Mos Def - Busted for being a World Citizen!

Post by Burnaby49 »

Another American rapper busted but not for the usual gun incident or drugs. He just innocently tried to use his World Citizenship passport at an airport.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sport.html

This is the passport in question;

You can get your own here;

http://www.worldservice.org/

Along with a birth certificate and other vital documents. We've touched on World Service Authority passports in the past but the individuals we discussed as possessing them really aren't the most stable segment of our society. First we have Chief :Nanya-Shaabu: EL, not exactly the best spokesman for your products if you are trying to show some they have some gravitas and legitimacy;

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9474&p=159938

The second is the ever-popular dead man Bernie Yankson who had both a World Service Authority birth certificate and one of their World Passports. Too bad the World Service Authority doesn't provide death certificates. The main point that Bernie was trying to prove in the court hearing I reported was that he had died. So a death certificate would have been very useful to convince a skeptical judge that he was actually dead. Particularly since Bernie was there in person to argue his case.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9597

There is also a discussion about the World Passport on a Las Vegas tv show.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9686

This is what the World Government of World Citizens website says about their passport;

WORLD PASSPORT

The mandate for the WORLD PASSPORT is Article 13(2) of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

The World Passport is a 30 page Machine Readable Travel Document (MRTD*) with alphanumeric code line, scanned-in passport photo and "ghost" security paper with embedded logo, the data page laminated, in 7 languages: English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Chinese and Esperanto.

Each passport is numbered and each page contains the World Citizen logo as background. Two pages are reserved for affiliate identifications: diplomatic corps, organizations, firms, etc. There are nineteen visa pages. In the inside back cover, there is space for home address, next of kin, doctor, employer, driving license no. and national passport/identity number. The cover is blue with gold lettering.

For nation-state recognition, please go to Documents / Visas.
To apply for a World Passport, please go to the World Passport Application Form

The World Passport represents the inalienable human right of freedom of travel on planet Earth. Therefore it is premised on the fundamental oneness or unity of the human community.

In modern times, the passport has become a symbol of national sovereignty and control by each nation-state. That control works both for citizens within a nation and all others outside. All nations thus collude in the system of control of travel rather than its freedom. If freedom of travel is one of the essential marks of the liberated human being, as stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, then the very acceptance of a national passport is the mark of the slave, serf or subject. The World Passport is therefore a meaningful symbol and sometimes powerful tool for the implementation of the fundamental human right of freedom of travel. By its very existence it challenges the exclusive assumption of sovereignty of the nation-state system. It is designed however to conform to nation-state requirements for travel documents. It does not, however, indicate the nationality of its bearer, only his/her birthplace. It is therefore a neutral, apolitical document of identity and potential travel document.

A passport gains credibility only by its acceptance by authorities other than the issuing agent. The World Passport in this respect has a track record of over 50 years acceptance since it was first issued. Today over 150 countries have visaed it on a case-by-case basis. In short, the World Passport represents the one world we all live in and on. No one has the right to tell you you can't move freely on your natural birthplace! So don't leave home without one!

Here is the list of the very helpful documents you can purchase from them;

· The World Citizen Card
· The World Citizen Certificate
· The World Passport
· The World Birth Certificate
· The World Identity Card
· The International Exit Visa
· The International Residence Permit
· The World Marriage Certificate
· The World Political Asylum Card

And their fee schedule is very competitive with those stogy old real governments;

---World Passport---
___ 10 years / US$100
___ 5 years / US$75
___ 3 years / US$55
___ World Donor Passport (15 years

___ World Identity Card / US$25
___ World Birth Card / US$25
___ World Birth Certificate / US$25

So don't leave home without one!
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Re: Mos Def - Busted for being a World Citizen!

Post by Burnaby49 »

I moved this discussion because I'd initially posted it in the wrong forum.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

I had not realized he had gone all Morish, and is now using the Bey name. Oh well
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
morrand

Post by morrand »

Burnaby49 wrote:We've touched on World Service Authority passports in the past but the individuals we discussed as possessing them really aren't the most stable segment of our society.
Cherron Phillips also had a world passport, although apparently she didn't actually try to travel on it.
NYGman wrote:I had not realized he had gone all Moorish, and is now using the Bey name. Oh well
OTP: Some time back, there was a 7th Circuit case in which the defendant, a Bey, had his attorney decline to prosecute an appeal on his behalf, on the grounds that there were no honest grounds for appeal. An Anders case, I guess you might call it, fairly routine, but for some reason the 7th Circuit decided to use that case to argue for a change in the language used to open the opinion on an Anders appeal. No more does the 7th Circuit curtly announce that the attorney's brief is "facially adequate"; instead, the preferred language is a brief explanation of why the court is ignoring the defendant's (probably frivolous) contentions. This seems reasonable enough, but it also means that the citation to U.S. v. (Joseph) Bey, 748 F. 3d 774 (2014), now shows up all over the 7th Circuit's opinions and orders, so a search on "Bey" is not as fruitful for finding sovcits as it may once have been. (At that, Mr. Joseph Bey's appeal isn't all that productive along that line, either. While he raised arguments that got no traction in the Court of Appeals, they're at least reasonable arguments, and not the florid kind of spurious arguments that make for fun reading.)
---
Morrand
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... album.html

We got him all wrong...
“It’s issued by the World Service —in support of the UN Declaration of Human Rights. His understanding is that the South African government has previously accepted the World Passport to enter the country and to provide visas as recently as August.”
[...]
“He considers himself a world citizen and wanted to to use his World Passport in support of the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights. Although South Africa did not sign the declaration in 1948—probably because they were governed by Apartheid at the time—Nelson Mandela believed it was a necessary document for the continued growth of South Africa after the abolishment of Apartheid.”
[...]
“This is Yasiin Bey. At this present time, I am currently in Capetown, SA. I’m being prevented from leaving unjustly, unlawfully and without any logical reason,” he says. “They’re saying that they want to deport my family. They are making false claims against me, some of these government officials even in the press are making false claims against me. Saying that my travel document that I was traveling with is fictitious. It’s not. Anyone can do research on a world passport, it’s not a fictitious document. It’s not designed to deceive or rob any benefit from the state. In fact, the world passport has been accepted here on numerous occasions.”
Oh, and he is also retiring from Music and Movies, as of today... But there will be one last album.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Wake Up! Productions

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

I saw the initial news reports today, but I never saw the "world passport" item.

Ignoring that fact that these "passports" are not officially recognised, I had dismissed them years ago as being a part of the NEW AGE agenda to advance the idea of a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT !!!
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

Minor Update and Bepuzzlement:
Mos Def in court to fight deportation from SA

By Naledi Shange | Feb 26, 2016

Mos Def and his family are still in the country after the court extended an interim order that stated that he and his family would not be deported pending his ongoing criminal case.

<Snip>

Mos Def, born Dante Terrell Smith, and now known as Yasiin Bey, was arrested last month after he tried to leave Cape Town with an unrecognised "world passport".

<Snip>

According to Bey, he had previously been able to enter and exit the country using the document.
From the Sowetan

That last claim has been denied however:
Mos Def did not enter SA with World Passport - Home Affairs

US musician and actor Mos Def, aka Yasiin Bey, never entered the country using a world passport, the Home Affairs Department said on Wednesday.

"He has entered South Africa 10 times, and has always entered the country on a visitor's visa [90 days exemption] using a US Passport, not a World Passport," director general Mkuseli Apleni told reporters in Pretoria.

<Snip>

"As you can see, the world passport is not recognised under Immigration Regulation 2 (4). Proper procedure was followed for his arrest. A warrant was obtained for his arrest. He faces charges of contravening the Immigration Act," said Apleni.

Bey was out on R5000 bail.
Earlier from the Sowetan

OK, on to my confusion, we've been looking at the World Service Authority threw the lens of sovcit scams like President Jimmy Tim's magic disappearing ID printing machine and as Burnaby pointed out in the OP some sovcits have as well but is that all it is? There might be some manner of idealism behind this separate from the "Give me money and I'll give you a laminated get out of jail free card with your picture on it." Maybe.

There's an upcoming movie in part on the life of Garry Davis, info can be found on this site. A nine minute clip from the film can be seen here. These days pretty much anyone can make their own film but not quite anyone can get Martin Sheen to do intros. In a post 911 world i don't think the idea of a mail order international identity document company holds the same appeal as it may once have but it seems to once have been a fairly principled effort, that video clip touches on part of the idea. Mos Def might not have been duped, he might in fact know what he's getting himself into in so far as trying to fight for recognition of this sort of documents. I don't think he can win but he seems to have the money to fund the battle.

Of course this is a post 911 world and one were some American presidential candidates score points with some part of the electorate for out xenophobing each other, Garry Davis' idealistic dream might be dead and buried (parts of it least wise). If the World Service Authority continues to accept money for documents they have no excuse not to know will not be accepted then they are moving into Jimmy Tim territory (if they haven't already). But I think it's interesting to note that at one point in time there was something like a noble idea behind it.

Edit to add a recent Vice dot com story link.

And from the New York Times:
“My country is the world,” David Gallup, the organization’s president and general counsel, said in a phone interview. “You have the right to travel through planet earth as a human being unless you want to harm someone.” The group offers examples of passport stamps of scores of governments as proof that it is a valid form of ID when traveling.

The United States and South Africa beg to differ.
Listening to David Gallup speak does not elevate my opinion of this deal [YouTube Link]. That was sort of a Q&A on using the World Passport and it comes bleedingly close to sounding like a "Right to Travel" video or some other sovereign hogwash. Gallup states you have a right to freely travel the world but sometimes government bureaucrats will chose not to recognize World Passports but he makes it sound like it's just them having a bad day. He knows full well that these things are only accepted more or less by accident but being honest about that would not be good for sales.

And,...money shot, the 35:10 point of the video linked above is where the wheels come off the wagon. I wont characterize it other than to say I now think that Garry Davis' dream is dead and his legacy has been co opted by a conman.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

From GlimDropper's post:

“My country is the world,” David Gallup, the organization’s president and general counsel, said in a phone interview. “You have the right to travel through planet earth as a human being unless you want to harm someone.” The group offers examples of passport stamps of scores of governments as proof that it is a valid form of ID when traveling.

OK, Mr. Gallup. Head for North Korea with one of your world passports, then. Just alert your next of kin before you leave, and get your affairs in order before you go.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Although in truth and honesty, heading to North Korea on just about a
ANY passport is more dangerous than playing Russian Roulette, and they play by fizzbin rules, too, also.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

notorial dissent wrote:Although in truth and honesty, heading to North Korea on just about a
ANY passport is more dangerous than playing Russian Roulette, and they play by fizzbin rules, too, also.
Unless you're Dennis Rodman....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95