Why Person and Not Man?

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Chicknuggets
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Why Person and Not Man?

Post by Chicknuggets »

Why does law keep referring to "persons", instead of "humans" or "men"?
Why has the fundamental explanation of a "person", as found in Black's, changed over last century, when substantive law has not?
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Why Person and Not Man?

Post by bmxninja357 »

you really should go toss the word salad elsewhere.
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Because the secret distinction between person, human, strawman, all caps commercial entity crap is just that, crap, like your posts.
Its a matter of grammatical style.

And I will not allow you to run rampant across the sane world. If you want to play word games, go find David Merrill's website where the nuts will argue and debate for days this gibberish like monks arguing how many angels can cook meth on the head of a pin.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

FFS person is an all inclusive term meaning both the natural and legal persons under the law. It isn't a hard concept to grasp, and blacks law dictionary is not a source of law. Go back to the statutes and figure out out. But you probably need to drop your idiocy, as foolish interpretations to really understand. As Gregg said, go over to planet Merrill where your points will be accepted by an another bunch of idiots.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

My sleep deprived cranky ass isn't going to tolerate this garbage today....

LOCKED!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

changed over last century
what? you mean its not 1916 and things are different now? you mean women, the chinese, indians, irishmen, and even jews are considered persons now? you mean there is no difference between a person and a human?

back in my day sonny them types couldnt even vote. i remember long about 1916 we used to go out and talk about henry ford and good old adolf and read The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. it wasnt even considered a forgery back then.

i think you need a time machine as the evolution of law over time seems to be lost on you.

ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Chicknuggets wrote:Why does law keep referring to "persons", instead of "humans" or "men"?
Why has the fundamental explanation of a "person", as found in Black's, changed over last century, when substantive law has not?
If you look to Black's Law Dictionary as an authoritative source of law, then your legal research skills are grossly inadequate. Now, either make your point -- the one which motivated your posts -- or, as others have suggested, go over to Saving to Suitors. They'll love you over there; but be careful to avoid heresy, as they will swiftly ban anyone who MIGHT have a connection with Quatloos or otherwise professes genuine legal knowledge.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Why does law keep referring to "persons", instead of "humans" or "men"?
All dogs are mammals. Not all mammals are dogs.

All men are "persons." Not all "persons" are men.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

May need to summon the mods, looks like Gregg's Locked note didn't take hold.

But if I could have one last post here, person means what it means and then some. This really isn't a hard concept to grasp. You post say Men excluded women and legal entities, humans excluded entire, persons is inclusive as it has been expanded by law. This isn't rocket science. And word salad is the using of words in ways they were not intended. This is what you seem to be trying to do
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Honestly it's Friday so why not waste some time.

Why Person? Because it'd take too long to write "men women and children" in every single fucking law.
substantive law has not changed in the last 100 years
Objectively false. Women weren't even given the right to vote until 1920, child labor laws took another 20 years to get going, and let's not even talk about blacks and other minorities.

You're beating a dead horse, arguing about the definition of Person won't get you anywhere. If your goal is to try to find some loophole so laws won't apply to you, it's not going to work. If you're a man then you're a person, if you're a woman then you're a person, if you're a little kid then you're a person.

It is not possible to be a man but not a person. It was possible a hundred years ago if you were black. It was also possible to be a man but not a person if you were Jewish in Nazi Germany. It is not possible in 2016.

Hell it's not something you want to accomplish. If you found a way to stop being a person, we could put a bullet in your head with impunity. You wouldn't have rights, you wouldn't be able to own property. You'd be lower than a dog. At least there are laws protecting dogs from abuse. As a non-person there would be zero protection afforded to you.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I just sat through a morning watching a Russell Poriskly video where he was arguing that none of us are persons. At least for the purpose of the Income Tax Act.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Burnaby49 wrote:I just sat through a morning watching a Russell Poriskly video ...
You need professional help. :shock: :snicker:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:I just sat through a morning watching a Russell Poriskly video ...
You need professional help. :shock: :snicker:
Well, at least he didn't spend an entire morning playing a Russell Porisky video game...
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

PADLOCKED
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders