Wanted to Say Thanks

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Wanted to Say Thanks

Post by Tuba Cain »

I AM a FREE MAN ON THE LAND, and NATURAL, flesh and bone SOVEREIGN CITICEN! I forthwith and here-to-for ispos factos, DISMISS with PREJUDICE any and all CONTRACTS with the CORPORATION OF THE UNITEDS STATES, INC, AND IT'S SHARES AND SUBSIDIARIES, including CANADA, INC, and wish the record to show FOREVER that I DO NOT SUBMIT, I DO NOT GIVE MY CONSENT, and I declare all previous CONTRACTS foisted upon me to be NULL and VOID, and INFINITUM!

Ok, ok, but seriously, enough with the BS - you folks all see plenty of this spittle as it is. I just wanted to see what it feels like to write that sort of crap. It's actually kind of cathartic, in a strange way I'm not entirely comfortable with.

Anyway, on to my point: I want to thank you people. I've been home sick with a rotten flu for a solid week, basically bed / couch ridden. I had been reading Sovereign Citizen court cases; and, IIRC, this forum is mentioned specifically toward the end of Medes v Medes. I got curious about some of the topics posted here, started reading, and... well, that pretty well takes us up to the present moment. I knew there was a lot of crazy out there; I had no idea how much, and how crazy the crazy actually is. So, so much crazy.

I have been seriously impressed with the community that exists here. I see a lot of reasonable, respectful behavior. I see a LOT of solid logic, rational discussion, and patience. I also see some total dipsticks who come wandering in the door swinging foolishness about like a dead cat on a rope - and they get dealt with fairly, openly, and (again) with a very great deal of patience.

I have actually seen people on here who were proven to be wrong, and who went on to ACCEPT that they were wrong! You really don't see a whole lot of that on the internet.

There is an unimaginable slew of foolishness and garbage on the Web. There are (comparatively) few places where people actively seek to improve things rather than post hissyfits and pictures of cute squirrels. This is one of those rare spots where an active and engaged community works for the betterment of all.

The long and the short of it: thanks.
"The only thing which may accurately be said of a man who believes himself to be a poached egg is that he is in the minority" - James Burke, "The Day the Universe Changed"
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Wanted to Say Thanks

Post by Burnaby49 »

Welcome to Quatloos Tuba, your one-stop-shop for freeman gibberish. If you're looking for more of that addictive dipshit behavior I'm working on more postings right now. Stu Pearce, for one, will be a real winner when I get around to him.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Welcome aboard!
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Tuba Cain »

Thanks!

Like I said, I've been reading this forum for a solid week. Just so much utterly crazy stuff...

I have a friend of a friend who's going sovrun; I keep my distance, but it's interesting to see it branch out into my - usually very low-key - neck of the woods. This movement concerns me quite a bit. I worry about how far it'll go, and how foolish things may get.
"The only thing which may accurately be said of a man who believes himself to be a poached egg is that he is in the minority" - James Burke, "The Day the Universe Changed"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Tuba, welcome aboard, and so sorry about the flu, hope you're feeling better soon. Don't know if it really helps, but lots of garlicky chicken soup never hurts.

Your first effort at sovrun gibber jabber was impressive, I think you even got the grammar right, which is scary.

Enjoy, there is LOTS and LOTS of crunchy goodness to enjoy around here, and we're multi-national now, so you can select your favorite crazy.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

TC,
Welcome to Quatloos. Grog is served in the fo'c'sle at 8 bells.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Dr. Caligari wrote:TC,
And some days you really need it after reading some of this stuff.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

That's nothing but an outright lie. Any grog I've had on Quatloos duty has been entirely at my own expense, with the noted exception of some excellent beverages at Wes's place. Just two weeks or so ago the Western Cabal had a strategy meeting at out subterranean lair, the bar at Steamworks, and we had to pay our own way. It's a damn scandal!

The stairs down to our underground headquarters
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Welcome, Tuba!

As to your question about how long this kind of craziness can keep going - I would venture to say there will always be people who find their way into magical thinking and now that everyone seems to have constant access to the 'net I cannot see how it's going to go away.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Yes, I have seen this stuff get recycled a number of times. As Barnum sagely observed, there are plenty of suckers being born every day.

And welcome to Tuba.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Philistine
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Philistine »

Welcome Tuba. I've enjoyed my short time here. It's nice to know there is a board with critical thinkers still on the web.
You might also enjoy the International Skeptics forum (the old JREF forum) although that's petered out a bit since the JREF is no longer involved.
Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Tuba Cain »

Thanks very much for the warm welcome! I've got a job that keeps me pretty busy, and little kids that keep me even busier, so I don't know what (if anything) I will be able to contribute. Rest assured, though, I plan to continue lurking like a fiend and loving all the wacky.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Burnaby49 wrote:
That's nothing but an outright lie. Any grog I've had on Quatloos duty has been entirely at my own expense
That's because you've never found your way to the fo'c'sle.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Welcome to Quatloos! As you say, one of the most civil and intelligent open to the public forums I know of, and we're quite proud of that (or at least I am).

Those of you complaining about having to pay the cover charge at the late Illuminati Bigwig get together thingys, shuddup! When you get high enough in the cabal, these things are covered, and until then, well, it's $10 or no grog for you!

:naughty:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.