Cardboard licence plates to dead - Korryn Gaines

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Cardboard licence plates to dead - Korryn Gaines

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Just seen on the Fogbow and starting to appear over in the UK. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36957962
Need more details but the visit from the Police appears to be partly due to Korryn getting stopped for having fake licence plates and not showing for the subsequent hearing. Another person at the same address was also being sought on other charges. Thing went downhill over a period of a few hours and ended in a shoot out with one person dead and one child wounded.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Cardboard licence plates to dead - Korryn Gaines

Post by Jeffrey »

Reddit found what seems to be the traffic stop that led to the charges that led eventually to the arrest warrant after a failure to appear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZODTT-r4Gw

Contains multiple sovereign citizen memes. I was digging through her instagram in the morning, she seems to be either part of the Moors or Nation of Islam, not totally clear which. Full blown sovereign citizen, black nationalist.
Quartermass
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Quartermass »

Here's the official police position on the incident: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URwppE0xSV0

Perusing the comments I notice something I've seen before as well. There is some overlap in the positions of SovCits with the black lives matter movement in pushing back against police serving of warrants or enforcement of non-violent offences. The civil rights noise makes it much harder to isolate the issues (she was shot because she pulled a gun on the officers, not because of the traffic violation).

This kind of thing can exacerbate the problem by reducing the incentive to enforce which encourages the groupthink types to then believe even more strongly that they are on to something. Similar to when minor issues are dropped because it is to expensive for the court to spend years and tens of thousands arguing over a $20 dog license, but the SovCit takes it as a win (they knew they had no right to prosecute but couldn't admit the real reason or their sheep would step out of line).

Will be interesting to see if the current zeitgeist causes the SovCit numbers to grow and the existing ones to become (if possible) even more entrenched in their beliefs.
ArthurWankspittle

Quartermass wrote:Perusing the comments I notice something I've seen before as well. There is some overlap in the positions of SovCits with the black lives matter movement in pushing back against police serving of warrants or enforcement of non-violent offences. The civil rights noise makes it much harder to isolate the issues (she was shot because she pulled a gun on the officers, not because of the traffic violation).
I would hate to see the Black Lives Matter and issues relating to Police treatment of minorities being fudged by SovCit stupidity. I have already seen reports in this case that the child was shot in the chest, a limb and a leg. I'm verging too close to politics but I'm sure this situation would have been handled differently in the UK.
Further dangerously close to politics stuff: Police in England and Wales (or the UK forget which) have killed 8 people in the last five years. Police in the UK discharged firearms 7 times in the last year. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 60391.html
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Quartermass wrote:There is some overlap in the positions of SovCits with the black lives matter movement
I am sure that there is "some overlap" between the Klan and the Little Sisters of Mercy.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Some more details on the traffic stop:
“Officers stopped Gaines’ silver Toyota Camry because it had no license plate — only a rectangular piece of cardboard with the following writing on it: ‘Any government official who compromises this pursuit to happiness and right to travel, will be held criminally responsible and fined, as this is a natural right to freedom,'” police said. “Gaines resisted arrest, throwing the citations issued by the officer out the window and saying officers would have to “murder” her before she got out of the vehicle. She engaged officers in a physical fight as they tried to remove her from the vehicle.”
http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/korryn-ga ... s-warrant/

Full sovcit.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Full sovcit stupid pulling a shotgun, of all things, on a cop and then firing.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Quartermass
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Quartermass »

wserra wrote:I am sure that there is "some overlap" between the Klan and the Little Sisters of Mercy.
Fair point. My apologies. Thank you for calling out my sloppy phrasing.
ArthurWankspittle wrote:I would hate to see the Black Lives Matter and issues relating to Police treatment of minorities being fudged by SovCit stupidity.
Complete agreement, and this better states what I was getting at. I've had several SovCits use such valid concerns as cover and justification for their own unreasonable positions.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

A number of, well, domestic terrorists, are using a combination of Black Lives Matter and sovcit jargon to justify their actions. IMO, the BLM people really do need to make it clear that these people (and I use the term loosely) are not acting on their behalf, or with an accurate interpretation of what BLM stands for.

I don't think this is politics, but, if it is, will some moderator delete it....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
ArthurWankspittle

Update to this story and something to piss off every cop in the US:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

While this whole thing is Sad...
Gaines had a distrust of police and her family’s lawyers acknowledged she had mental illness that caused her to possibly be detached from reality.
let's be honest, the above is just another way to say, She's a Sov'run!
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Resume
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Resume »

Don't bring a shotgun to a traffic warrant. That trick never works.
Praeterea Preterea . . . Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

It seems that Korryn Gaines' family has won a $37 million wrongful death judgment against the Baltimore cops.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html
wserra

Post by wserra »

I don't know Maryland law, but it's hard to believe that a verdict that size will hold up.

BTW, it's not a big deal, but Arthur posted a link to that article a few posts above.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

Whoops, didn't notice it. Sorry about that.
ArthurWankspittle

wserra wrote:I don't know Maryland law, but it's hard to believe that a verdict that size will hold up.
Saw some comments somewhere, probably Donut Operator's YouTube channel, and it was being said that the Municipality or whichever governmental organisation who is supposed to pay up, has upper limitations on payouts so they may be some considerable scaling back of the payout. Plus the lawyers will be getting their cut out of the money too. I still don't know if it appealable. Plus the kid is going to need a fuck ton of therapy to undo his mother's bullshit he's been indoctrinated with.
laughsatsovruns
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by laughsatsovruns »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:16 pm
wserra wrote:I don't know Maryland law, but it's hard to believe that a verdict that size will hold up.
Saw some comments somewhere, probably Donut Operator's YouTube channel, and it was being said that the Municipality or whichever governmental organisation who is supposed to pay up, has upper limitations on payouts so they may be some considerable scaling back of the payout. Plus the lawyers will be getting their cut out of the money too. I still don't know if it appealable. Plus the kid is going to need a fuck ton of therapy to undo his mother's bullshit he's been indoctrinated with.
Who wants to bet that car she was in during her one youtube stop was paid for by taxpayers?
lurker9000
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by lurker9000 »

The county was granted a judgment not withstanding the verdict, or JNOV. The judge ruled the officer's actions were reasonable and was entitled to qualified immunity.

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com ... 282167.pdf
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs