Oregon Malheur Trial

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Re: Oregon Malheur Trial

Post by Tuba Cain »

Apparently he cranked the waterworks to maximum twice while testifying.

Crocodile tears.
"The only thing which may accurately be said of a man who believes himself to be a poached egg is that he is in the minority" - James Burke, "The Day the Universe Changed"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

As one commenter put it, he did the full Tammy Faye Baker routine. Will be interesting to see what happens on cross today.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Tuba Cain »

Cross may actually begin tomorrow (apologies if you're in a different time zone).

There's a moment when you bite into a chocolate - you've checked the chart, you've selected the experience you want, you know from past chocolates how this should taste...

Except sometimes. Sometimes that chocolate, the texture, the filling, the whole experience, is surprisingly different. It''s by no means bad - it's just different.

I have high hopes for cross; I have even higher hopes for the unexpected sprinkles of Insanity.
"The only thing which may accurately be said of a man who believes himself to be a poached egg is that he is in the minority" - James Burke, "The Day the Universe Changed"
notorial dissent

Day 16 sort of

Lee Rice testified first today, all was warm and fuzzy while he was visiting the refuge, he played trumpet for dinner. Ammo testified the rest of the morning. What Ammo claimed happened with sheriff and what sheriff said didn’t exactly match. More lies. Mumbles was late to court, upset that one of the videos he wanted to play was refused, acted out with the judge a bit, in other words, more of the same. Ammo pretty much admitted on examination by his lawyer that he conspired to take over the refuge and impede the employees and to take guns to it. Thinks he is a great patriot.

Michele Fiore also testified today about her part in the incident.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

notorial dissent wrote:As one commenter put it, he did the full Tammy Faye Baker routine.
Is there a picture with his mascara running?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent

Well he managed real crocodile tears, real melon ropers don't wear makeup, twice even in a repeat performance that one reporter thought was a bit trite and over done the second time and over exactly the same thing. He has his act down pat. Some how blubbering pseudo cowboy in hospital scrubs just doesn't do it for me.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Why is he in scrubs? Is that what the jail is issuing for clothing? Or did his crying episode require hospitalization? Or did he testify that he is not a real doctor, but plays one in court?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

The Observer wrote:Did his crying episode require hospitalization?
Now that's funny.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Why is he in scrubs? Is that what the jail is issuing for clothing?
The jail issues scrubs as clothing for inmates. Defendants on trial are permitted to wear civilian clothing when in the presence of the jury, but Ammon insisted on wearing his jail garb to show the jury that he is a "political prisoner."
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian 6m
6 minutes ago

Jeanette Finicum will be called by defense today; judge says she should not be asked about LaVoy's death
I'm going to Hell:
"So, Widow Finicum....."

Fogbow/JJMacNab spotted this too:
https://adasheriff.org/webapps/sheriff/reports/
Scroll down to Rice, Lee Arthur.
Defense witness - not sure if he'll be available now by the looks of things.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent

Ammo doing his poor me, see me, political prisoner schtick. Was dressed like everyone else first day of trial, came in scrubs second day on, refused to admit to court that it was of his own choosing, another juvenile sympathy ploy.

Yes, super credible defense and all around great character witness Lee Rice got busted for pot and paraphernalia, among other things, early this morning in ID, currently in jail last I heard.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

This is how the manly man, the rugged individual, true son of the Old West, self reliant and scornful of weaklings dependent on big government, stands up in the face of adversity.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Tuba Cain »

grixit wrote:This is how the manly man, the rugged individual, true son of the Old West, self reliant and scornful of weaklings dependent on big government, stands up in the face of adversity.
Apparently on cross Ammon confirmed that he is not a rancher, lives in an orchard, has a business managing a fleet of vehicles, and (wait for it... wait for it) STARTED that business with a rather large sum of money from the FEDS!

I don't think I've ever had this much fun on the internet.

Edit: on vs in
notorial dissent

grixit wrote:This is how the manly man, the rugged individual, true son of the Old West, self reliant and scornful of weaklings dependent on big government, stands up in the face of adversity.
He pouts and sulks and I suspects throws temper tantrums too, although he hasn't yet, at least in court, although that may soon be coming. The only wrangling any of that family really do is against poor defenseless melons, and I would suspect that the melons probably win more often than not.

Comment to Tuba. Ammo was on the stand for right at three days with his preaching and sobbing and general what a great patriot I am spiel, Prosecutor Knight had him for about 15-20 minutes and pretty well demolished all of the claims he had made over the last three days, basically shooting down the lies one by one with simple questions. I really doubt if Ammo has yet figured out just how much damage he has taken on as a result, and I don't know if Mumbles will have figured it out or not yet, but on the ledger of things right now he's hemorrhaging red ink. Fun times. Pass the popcorn.
notorial dissent

Day 17 sort of

Ammo on third and final day of testimony. Ammo upset and surprised that Feds charged them with felonies instead of taking them to civil court and trying to evict them. Prosecution crossed Ammo for about 15 minutes. Did not go well for him in reality, supporters think he rocked. Summary from one of the observers
Beautiful Leaf wrote:Mr. Bundy hates the government unless he needs to borrow money from the government; Mr. Bundy expected to take over a working federal wildlife refuge under legal theory that mandates he and his supporters have exclusive use of the property for 10 solid years but did not intend on interfering with the people who work there and their ability to do their jobs; Mr. Bundy and his followers brought guns so they could have people pay attention to them, but when people did pay attention to them such that they were arrested, it upset Mr. Bundy because he simply expected to be treated like an overstaying tenant and not like an armed infiltrator.

Trial adjourned until Tue, Mon a holiday and so is Wed, so maybe three days of trial total next week.

Defendant Medenbach supposed to testify next week, possibly three hours.

Judge wants definitive list of defense witness as they are trying to run too many.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

...t upset Mr. Bundy because he simply expected to be treated like an overstaying tenant and not like an armed infiltrator.

Bundy would be better off saying he mistook the Malheur Refuge for a Motel 6 because he thought they left the light on for him.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

The Observer wrote:
...t upset Mr. Bundy because he simply expected to be treated like an overstaying tenant and not like an armed infiltrator.

Bundy would be better off saying he mistook the Malheur Refuge for a Motel 6 because he thought they left the light on for him.

No. His best defense is that he thought it was a Denny's and he and his friends were just tying to convene a common law grand jury.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent

The Observer wrote:

At this point, what's one more lie more or less among friends? :snicker:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/turn ... s-42632643
Knight closed his 15-minute cross-examination by getting Bundy to acknowledge receiving a $530,000 U.S. Small Business Administration loan, a move to show Bundy isn't opposed to the federal government when it can help him profit.
Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Tuba Cain »

Isn't that scrumptious?