It's OK, he still has Nevada.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Oregon Malheur Trial

Post by wserra »

notorial dissent wrote:And there'll be more to come until the judge gets fed up with it.
Three of the idiots are pro se. Hard to shut them up, especially at trial.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Jeffrey wrote:Aw hell, I didn't realize Santilli had the charges dropped against him. What b.s.
Don't worry, Ryan Bundy IIRC wants Pete as a witness.
Edit: But he's going to plead the 5th.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

CRyan and Ammo our two favoritest Bundynistas, have based most of their defense strategy, if you can generously call it that, on the premised that the US CANNOT own any land other than the Federal District and military posts. They have been asking for dismissals based on their "theory" that the gov't cannot own land and therefore Malheur could not have been Federal Porperty, and reasons, so the US has no jurisdiction to charge them with anything. Their second theory was that they were in the process of "adversely possessing" the property and so it should be theirs and no Federal authority. IIRC the judge has already shot down the adverse possession defense and has been trying to get them to quit with the Federal ownership malarkey, and so now she is going issue and official finding against them, which in effect shoots down their two, and probably only actual strategies, other than the "you're not the boss of me" defenses that they seem to fall back on periodically. Ammo actually has a lawyer, I won't say real since his strategies so far have been a step or two above Ingie dingies staggeringly effective defense strategies in FL, that is being paid from Bundy grift. CRyan decided to go it alone, translation there wasn't enough grift to go around and Ammo got there first, that and he's just really really stupid, and is doing it pro se with a stand by lawyer who he generally ignores except when he's blaming her for something and who he openly despises. CRyan is getting most of his stuff off the internet, and if you read any of it you can see it. Shawna Cox, also going it pro se, is largely copying word for word CRyan's motions lately.

Fun little group, and we haven't even gotten to trial yet.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Ryan Bundy is a contractor IIRC, Ammon runs a truck and commercial vehicle repairs business so is likely the better off of the pair. He is also much more charismatic and hence got the grifting bucks. Although his lawyer Mumford has already had an exchange with the judge that went something like Judge: Why are you arguing that? Mumford: I don't know either.
Found the quote:
Ammon Bundy's lawyer M. Mumford:'If your honor is telling me I'm making the wrong argument,I agree with you.'
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent

Day 4 pretty much the same as the first three.

Santilli dismissed from OR trial due to policy issue within the office, charges dropped without prejudice, still facing NV charges which are considerably worse. Santilli’s lawyer informed court that if he is subpoenaed by anyone(CRyan), he’ll plead the 5th.

Mumford is doing his best to do an sovcit imitation, can’t sit still and can’t listen properly. Annoying the judge.

Yet another denial for Ammo on dismissal for adverse possession.

Motion for jduicial notice of ownership of Malheur filed.

Philpot's lawyering about on part with Mumford's which is to day phoning it in, badly.

It appears they MAY have enough jurors at this point, not sure if the challenges are all done yet or not. Mon will probably be more of the same, whole new, which is to say reheated and rehashed previous motions, batch of motions to deny.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

First day of the trial (yesterday) reported on here.

Some of the amazing "facts" revealed by the defense:

(1) Ammon Bundy is a "community organizer."

(2) Adverse possession is now the route the defense is taking on this case.

But still our lovable, but silly sovruns gave it their best effort to get the 3-ring circus into the courtrooom:

(1) Ryan Bundy tried to give a copy of the Constitution to the jury after reading from the Declaration of Independence. The judge blocked that quickly, which will probably get her labeled as a communist plotter.

(2) Shawna Cox wasted her opening remarks on her personal and religious beliefs, little of which had to deal with her being on trial for the Malheur occupation.

(3) David Fry's attorney, perhaps the closest thing to a legitimate defense we are going to see, described his client as having "schizotypal personality disorder."

(4) The other defendants seem to be relying on their takeover merely being civil disobedience (I am sure Ghandi and Martin Luther King would point out the inherent contradiction of civil disobedience being carried out with rifles and guns) or only coming to the site to discuss politics or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

The first real day of trial, which sort of would have been Tue was the assorted opening statements, which kind of ran the gamut of value from A - B on the part of the pro se's, and were pretty normal for the real lawyers, except mumbles who really isn't sure what he is doing there. In other words, nothing new, exciting, or really noteworthy. Day two was prosecution witnesses, they sort of got through two, I think. The local sheriff was on the stand for most of the day, came across as real and competent and quiet and professional. His testimony didn't do the Bundynistas any great amount of good and pretty much labeled them for what they were. The real lawyers asked real pertinent questions, and the pro se's and mumbles mostly irrelevant questions.

Things we didn't know before because we're not constitutionalists, adverse possession consists of riding in to someone elses property with guns displayed and taking it from them, and then it is magically constitutionally theirs.

That a defendant can demand a judge recuse themselves because they have denied too many of the defendant's motions. Specifically CRyan Bundy.

Fun times, pass the popcorn!!!
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Things we didn't know before because we're not constitutionalists, adverse possession consists of riding in to someone elses property with guns displayed and taking it from them, and then it is magically constitutionally theirs.
I mean that is technically how our nation was founded.

Edit: does anyone remember who was filing paperwork into the Bundy case? I think I found the guru but I need some verification.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Okay so there's a new Guru calling herself Julie2525 that claims she's helping Ryan with his case and is filing paperwork into the court and billing the judge.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/ta ... 719&cmd=tc

I can't verify her story yet but it would make sense. She's a Karl Lentz-ite which would explain the "idiot" paperwork that Ryan filed.
notorial dissent

Yeah CRyan has been getting a lot of truly "useless" sovcit nonsense from somewhere, there are a couple of pretend paralegals who have supposedly been "helping", which apparently means down loading this stuff off of various sites. Shawna has been caught several times turning in motions that she has cribbed from CRyan that have the wrong pronouns and a few other things indicating they came from another outside unreliable source, up to and including referencing decisions from the 5th and material that is totaly irrelevant to the case at hand. In other words, she/they are just copying someone elses work unread. And it is working about as well as you could expect.

CRyan incidentally lost his latest get out of jail free motion, the mean old judge told him that just because he had been round filing the majority of his motions that it wasn't grounds for mistrial or recusal even if he didn't like the meany old poo poo head judge. Too bad, so sad, on with the trial.

Ammo's re-re-reconsideration motion for his adverse possession and jurisdiction whine got denied just like the legion of others.

So we are now coming up on Day 5, if I'm not mistaken, and other than the staggeringly slow changing of witnesses about 2 a day at this point. The motions the court has to deal with at some point each day are all beginning to sound incredibly repetitive, possibly because for the most part they are, the same ones just reworded(sort of) and resubmitted.

They did get through the one Guy Easton(I think), a true believer, who rode out to the refuge with one of the prime movers, got out there, kind of looked around and thought better of it and headed for home, on foot, he figured if stuck around he'd end up in jail. So even though he was and is still a true believer, he also could see the eventual outcome. The Bundynistas think he was wonderful and did them so much good, and the rest of the thinking world have a considerably different opinion, I think. He was a good and fairly devastating witness for the prosecution, even if the Bundynistas don't seem to get that. What he was describing WAS NOT a peaceful lawful protest, people going from room to room with rifles at the ready is not a peaceful anything.

They also heard from one of the managers about why he kept his people home out of concern for their safety, and about the damage and destruction the "peaceful" protest produced.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Well, ND, you know where this is heading. If the trial concludes in convictions for the Malheur Maladjusted, we will hear about how:

(1) this was a kangaroo court,
(2) the judge was corrupt, a shill for the NWO, and/or totally unfamiliar with common law procedures,
(3) the jury was packed with Illuminati dupes,
(4) the media poisoned the public's attitude towards the accused,
(5) the defense attorneys ruined case strategy by failing to listen and obey the defendant's game plan,
(6) the courtroom was an admiralty court in disguise and the defendants got shanghaied, and
(7) the defendants have a sure-fire appeal that will be impossible for the courts and the system to rule against or ignore.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

Ya think?????!!! I think that is a foregone conclusion. Both Ammo and CRyan are already claiming she's biased for drop kicking all their motions. They ain't seen nothing yet, wait til they end up in Novarro's court, then they'll be wishing they were back in OR.

Day 6, sort of

Refuge employees, wildlife biologist(carp lady) up first, testifying that they couldn't get in to do their work because there were crazy people(my words not hers) occupying the building, all time sensitive projects seriously delayed because of no access. They Amazing Mumbles asking lots of disallowed and irrelevant questions. In other words different day same as the last.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I'm reading the Oregon Live comments which appear to have a bunch of locals commenting and they keep referring to Bundy-ites as "poots". Any idea what that means?
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Per both The Urban Dictionary and Wikipedia:

poot ‎(plural poots) -- Noun

A fart, perhaps a relatively quiet one.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Based on the comments, Shawna's motions are really good reading.
notorial dissent

A derogatory connotation having to do with them backing up the septic system at the refuge and digging an open trench for a latrine in what should have been a protected area. They are not universally loved and acclaimed locally, if you haven't guessed. With a few exceptions the locals disliked and roundly resented the outside interference in local affairs and the threats to locals, and many of them did feel threatened by the armed invaders. They also seriously disrupted the local (fragile) economy, no to mention the damage they did to the refuge.
notorial dissent

Day 6 sort of Addendum

More Refuge employees testifying to them not being able to get to their jobs, amount of damage and filth left by occupiers, and other problems they faced. Further witnesses about various illegal actions taken by various people in their presence while they were there, and why they were there. Nothing earth shattering. More of the same tomorrow and probably the rest of the week.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote:...[A]mount of damage and filth left by occupiers...
Whenever I see references to this issue, I wonder what the Bundy/Freemen domiciles look like. The fact that they backed up the septic system shows not a lot of intelligence about the basics of living off the grid.

notorial dissent

Well, if the various reports from/about the Bundy ranch are any indication, the at large cattle may have the better of it. Anyone who treats their animals that way doesn't usually live any better. As far as the septic system, as I understand it, it wasn't intended for that kind of use to begin with, but still no excuse. Pigs are better behaved and mannered than that bunch was.