Sovrins, Neo-Nazis, and...Furries?

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Sovrins, Neo-Nazis, and...Furries?

Post by Unidyne »

You've probably heard or read of the subculture of "furries", people fascinated with anthropomorphics (costuming, artwork, writing, comic strips and books, computer games, etc.). But even a fandom base built on inclusion, creativity, and friendliness isn't immune to infiltration by Neo-Nazis, and a convention organizer being harassed by a sovereign citizen posing as a lawyer, who also happens to be listed on the Colorado Sex Offender list.

Quoting the article's author: "You couldn’t write a Troma movie this bad."

http://dogpatch.press/2017/04/10/rocky- ... on-threat/

PS: Yes, I'm a furry. No, we don't have sex in those costumes.
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Sovrins, Neo-Nazis, and...Furries?

Post by Burnaby49 »

Unidyne wrote:You've probably heard or read of the subculture of "furries", people fascinated with anthropomorphics (costuming, artwork, writing, comic strips and books, computer games, etc.). But even a fandom base built on inclusion, creativity, and friendliness isn't immune to infiltration by Neo-Nazis, and a convention organizer being harassed by a sovereign citizen posing as a lawyer, who also happens to be listed on the Colorado Sex Offender list.

Too much information.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

First ponies, now furries. The secret illuminatus-NWO cabal is more diverse than I thought. Can any still doubt the primacy of the llama?
morrand

Post by morrand »

It seems peculiarly inappropriate that the "Chief Executive Contract Law Officer" for the Rocky Mountain Fur Con should choose to seal his letter on their behalf with a thumb print. But, what the hell do I know, anyway.

Well, to start with, the CECLO cites 5 USC 500 in the letter. That doesn't say anything about liens. It does say:
(b) An individual who is a member in good standing of the bar of the highest court of a State may represent a person before an agency on filing with the agency a written declaration that he is currently qualified as provided by this subsection and is authorized to represent the particular person in whose behalf he acts.
This could be a clue as to how he's claiming to have any authority to do anything to anyone at all: write a letter to some agency, declaring himself to be an authorized representative, and voila, so he is, or so, perhaps, he thinks. Never mind such a letter would almost certainly have gone into the circular file upon receipt, and never mind that the Code goes on to say:
(d) This section does not-

(1) grant or deny to an individual who is not qualified as provided by subsection (b) or (c) of this section the right to appear for or represent a person before an agency or in an agency proceeding; ....
So, no actual effect. It would be interesting to check the land registry covering Westminster to see if this fellow (or his ex-neighbor we're discussing in the next board over) have filed any funny papers.
---
Morrand
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Unidyne wrote:You've probably heard or read of the subculture of "furries", people fascinated with anthropomorphics (costuming, artwork, writing, comic strips and books, computer games, etc.). But even a fandom base built on inclusion, creativity, and friendliness isn't immune to infiltration by Neo-Nazis, and a convention organizer being harassed by a sovereign citizen posing as a lawyer, who also happens to be listed on the Colorado Sex Offender list.

Being familiar with furrydom and some of its darker aspects, i am not at all surprised that some part of it would intersect with sovs.
I'm also aware of the difference between furries in general and fursuiters in particular, and i have seen discussions of yiffing while suited. It's rare, but apparently it does happen.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Yiffing? I can't begin to imagine the pictures that concept has burned into my subconscious for later nightmares. Way too much info for we geriatrics who think the missionary position in a locked bedroom with the lights out is risqué. I'm proud to say that my wife and I had our children the decent old fashioned way though asexual cell division.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw your way through the restraints.

Bunraby, I've already ordered you an extra large shipment of brain bleach.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

grixit wrote:
I'm also aware of the difference between furries in general and fursuiters in particular, and i have seen discussions of yiffing while suited. It's rare, but apparently it does happen.
I've come to the conclusion that if a large enough group of people do an activity for a long enough period of time then some of them will end up having sex if it's at all possible. If it's not possible then it just takes longer (evolutionary time scales can get quite large), this may be countered by the presence of students who always seem to find a way.
notorial dissent

It doesn't have to be even a relatively large group, just like minded individuals is all it takes.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote: I'm proud to say that my wife and I had our children the decent old fashioned way though asexual cell division.
I didn't realize you were a hydra.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Forsyth wrote:
grixit wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that if a large enough group of people do an activity for a long enough period of time then some of them will end up having sex if it's at all possible. If it's not possible then it just takes longer (evolutionary time scales can get quite large), this may be countered by the presence of students who always seem to find a way.
Also, the other dark side of the furries/fursuiters is the posture of some that they are actually the animal they portraying, but suffer from the misfortune of being born in the wrong body. I guess you would call it a transpecies issue.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

Just so long as it isn't MY species.

Having lived not too far from a furry hangout at one time, a story best left altogether......
Unidyne

Post by Unidyne »

The Observer wrote:
Forsyth wrote:
grixit wrote:
Also, the other dark side of the furries/fursuiters is the posture of some that they are actually the animal they portraying, but suffer from the misfortune of being born in the wrong body. I guess you would call it a transpecies issue.
I've found that everything (religions, fandoms, ideologies) has a dark side. As a friend of mine put it, "Every light casts a shadow."

And I would think that a few (very few) might have some sort of...what would you call it..."species dysmorphia"?
Unidyne

Post by Unidyne »

A lawyer has posted his comments about the whole affair on his blog, and he now has several hundred new Twitter followers, all furries, sending him drawings of a character based on him: A badger.

Initial piece:
http://lawyersandliquor.com/2017/04/fre ... s-collide/

Follow up piece (with fan art{!}):
http://lawyersandliquor.com/2017/04/law ... -some-art/

:lol:
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'm going to have to stop drinking, the images that this discussion have burned into me are manageable when sober but run rampant when I'm all too frequently drunk. As I am at the moment. A solution beckons! Spend all of May randomly gadding about through Spain, Gibraltar and Portugal in a rental ignoring Quatloos entirely. Not an equivalent to my 2016 Britain epic but it gets me away from furries. To more or less paraphrase the Baron, As it is written so it is done.

Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

They should bring the show to the UK. Then we could have Furries on one side, in full costume (including heads) and barristers and judges on the other in robes, gowns and wigs (I think we do this better than the US but I'm happy to be corrected) all refusing to take the other seriously but, nevertheless, taking themselves very seriously indeed.

The sovereign Furries would spout pseudo legal gobbledegook, the barristers, well, real legal gobbledegook. Much discussion would be had about Latin phrases by one side and Furry terminology by the other (I assume Furries have their own extensive lexicon, most groups do), none of which would improve anyone's understanding. The judge would get confused about whether a "con" was a confidence trick and ask if the Beatles were involved at all.

Lewis Carroll would have approved.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Burnaby49 wrote:...but it gets me away from furries.
just think of something else. like these guys....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77sJT8O56E

that will make you need a drink.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Okay, I'ma gonna need to figure out who I should send the bill for the counseling I will now require.

:snicker:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I keep saying, over and over, that we should ban Ninja but does anyone listen? It's like talking to a post.

The weirdest fetish I've seen was a guy having a beer beside us on a pub pation on a summer day. He was bald and had two "horns" surgically implanted on his head under the skin. And he'd had his tongue surgically split down the middle, front to back. He kept sticking it out to show everybody.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote:The weirdest fetish I've seen was a guy having a beer beside us on a pub pation on a summer day. He was bald and had two "horns" surgically implanted on his head under the skin. And he'd had his tongue surgically split down the middle, front to back. He kept sticking it out to show everybody.
Let's not dwell on the trivial debris of your discomfort - was he drinking a quality beer is the important question here.