Am I being detained?

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Am I being detained?

Post by AndyK »

Recently, I got into a FaceBook discussion with an academic type who was supporting the (in his words) "passive resistance of refusal to cooperate with law enforcement official."

He insisted that it was important for people to refuse to cooperate with LEOs in the absence of a warrant or some form of probable cause.

He refused to accept the danger (specific examples provided) the sovereigns present to both LEOs and the general public.

However he did refer me to a few web sited which glorify that behavior.

For some reason, after watching the videos and reading the commentary, I was reminded of children making prank telephone calls.

But, judge for yourself.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/am-i-being-detained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m3z6DtuPqg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8U4Qn6iIIg

Is it just me, or do others wonder why otherwise normal-seeming people would deliberately drive into situations where they can annoy the LEOs?
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Am I being detained?

Post by notorial dissent »

Keeps coming to mind that it may be part of the genetic imperative to clear the dead wood out of the gene pool, and just like eveything else they can't do that right either.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote:Keeps coming to mind that it may be part of the genetic imperative to clear the dead wood out of the gene pool, and just like eveything else they can't do that right either.
Guess you have been considering a vote for another round of bubonic plague.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

I'm thinking more in the realm of internalized self action.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Is it just me, or do others wonder why otherwise normal-seeming people would deliberately drive into situations where they can annoy the LEOs?
It's called being an asshole.
To them it's just the cop trying to assert some power trip and acting all jumpy. Nevermind that for a cop, every routine traffic stop is a chance to walk up to the barrel of a handgun and they're understandably more comfortable with the non-assholes.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent

And some people just have very strong Darwinian self destructive instincts.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I do find it amusing to watch the UK sovereigns who maneuver their way into lightly bumping police and bailiffs so they can start screaming "Police Brutality" and "I've been assaulted, its on tape I've been assaulted".

Bitch please.

Its my secret fantasy to see us send a 1994 version battalion of the LAPD over to show them what police brutality is.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Gregg wrote:I do find it amusing to watch the UK sovereigns who maneuver their way into lightly bumping police and bailiffs so they can start screaming "Police Brutality" and "I've been assaulted, its on tape I've been assaulted".

Bitch please.

Its my secret fantasy to see us send a 1994 version battalion of the LAPD over to show them what police brutality is.
Reminds me of a video that the CRA used for training purposes. A bunch of anti-taxers (De-tax movement) set a Vancouver CRA auditor up. He went to someone's home to discuss her tax problems without any idea he was about to be ambushed. When he sat down in her living room a bunch of these idiots swarmed out of the kitchen where they'd been hiding and started yammering away at him. He got up and left immediately but they blocked his way out and he just pushed through them. They'd filmed the whole thing and were jubilant. They were hopping up and down in the video in excitement that a CRA auditor had assaulted them. They were going to go to the police and lay charges! And they did, they went to the RCMP and showed the video as proof of assault. The officers had a laugh, told them to get lost, and kept the film. They gave it to the CRA and it was shown as a training film on how to deal with De-taxers.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

It should have been used as evidence in their trial for some criminal obstruction charge...
notorial dissent

I would have gone with forceful kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment myself.
Quartermass
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Quartermass »

Apparently what the auditor should have done was ask the assembled masses, "Am I being detained, or am I free to go?" I'm sure that would have resolved the situation nicely.