Saving to Suitors

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Saving to Suitors

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I just ran a scan of my computer; and an antivirus program turned up three threats. One of them was from savingtosuitors.org. A Google search for savingtosuitorsclub.net turned up the warning that "[t]his site may be hacked".

I'm not saying that David or any of his minions did it, and it has been quite some time since I visited his site, since it has become both repetitive and boring; but this is even less of a reason to visit it or any variant thereof
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: Saving to Suitors

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Having just visited the site it's no longer there.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

For better or worse - mostly the latter - it is.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

wserra wrote:For better or worse - mostly the latter - it is.
I must have hit it on a day it was down temporarily then.

Yes, it's back up and I got a warning from McAfee about it.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Doktor Avalanche wrote: Yes, it's back up and I got a warning from McAfee about it.
McAfee is good at warning, whether or not there is anything to warn about. It particularly likes to warn about antivirus programs.

Still, there are a number of "free" web hosting services with a spyware-based revenue model, and we cannot expect S2S to actually pay for web hosting.

I use WebRoot.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I just did an antivirus and antiadware scrub of my computer. Among the malware deleted was some which came from Saving to Suitors. I don't know if it's the threat which I encountered previously, and which has only now been removed, or if it's a new threat.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools