Robert Myers - Attorney Flirting With Sovrunhood

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Robert Myers - Attorney Flirting With Sovrunhood

Post by The Observer »

noblepa wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:50 pm When applying for state bar admissions, isn't one usually required to report past disciplinary actions? Wouldn't a disbarment in OR make it difficult or impossible to be admitted in MT?

Or, did he simply lie on his application? Wouldn't that be grounds for new disciplinary action, up to and including yet another disbarment?
I think my post was a bit confusing. From what I read and understood the Oregon and Missouri disbarments were based on his disbarment in Montana.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The Observer wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:52 am
noblepa wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:05 pm Is it just me, or is the notion of a sovereign citizen attorney something of an oxymoron?
Myers appears to be something of an oxymoron himself. How does anyone who cannot put together coherent sentences still be able to pass a state bar exam?
Never mind that, how did he pass the LSAT?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:11 am
The Observer wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:52 am
noblepa wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:05 pm Is it just me, or is the notion of a sovereign citizen attorney something of an oxymoron?
Myers appears to be something of an oxymoron himself. How does anyone who cannot put together coherent sentences still be able to pass a state bar exam?
Never mind that, how did he pass the LSAT?
I was going to top that by asking how did he graduate from college, but for a long time it has been too easy for people to glide through our university/college system without having to demonstrate literacy and comprehension. One of my professors was physically attacked by a student whom he failed for not being literate - the student was going to lose his athletic scholarship due to poor grades. My own university was taken to the woodshed by the private sector for sending out engineers who could not put together customer instruction booklets for the products they were designing and building. So the university forced every student to take a literacy test just prior to graduation. I am not sure if other universities are implementing the same requirement or not.

And we don't need to worry about how Myers was able to graduate from high school. All too easy to do over the last 30 years or so as educators and administrators were more concerned with just getting kids out the door regardless of whether they actually deserved the diploma issued to them.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:08 pm
And we don't need to worry about how Myers was able to graduate from high school. All too easy to do over the last 30 years or so as educators and administrators were more concerned with just getting kids out the door regardless of whether they actually deserved the diploma issued to them.
It goes back further than that. In the 70s or 80s, Herblock did a cartoon showing a high school graduate showing his diploma to his parents, and asking them to tell him what the diploma said.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Co-incidentally yesterday a Judge Judy episode aired that discussed this matter as an aside.

"I had an email from a viewer asking what was a more important qualification for studying law. English or math? I told her, you don't need to know math. [Pointing at Bird] Just a sidekick who does."
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor