Before her next hearing
2%
After her next hearing
5%
Before her trial
32%
Before her sentencing
44%
Never - she wants to experience BEing and DOing behind bars.
17%

Total votes: 41

TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: OPPT (One Person's Public Trial) - Tucci-Jarraf

Post by TheNewSaint »

SteveUK wrote:For those of fairly unfamiliar with OPPT, I guess the actual crime was based on taking loads of donations?
Randall Beane tried to access his secret treasury account, went through several transactions to try and hide the source of the funds, then tried to buy a $500,000 recreational vehicle. He was arrested on the RV lot, And charged with several counts each of wire fraud, mail fraud, and conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Heather Ann Tucci-Jarraf is charged with 1 count of conspiracy to commit money laundering. While Randall was trying to buy this RV, he got Heather on the phone, who tried to tell the RV dealer that the money was ok, and to let the sale go through. This was all posted on YouTube, by the way.

So she's not in any hot water for putting out general information about how to do the scam, but rather for assisting someone who was actively trying to do it.

Having said that, it is possible that her release conditions will include a ban on promoting the scheme. We don't know that yet.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Brill - thanks for the info :D
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

TheNewSaint wrote:
SteveUK wrote:For those of fairly unfamiliar with OPPT, I guess the actual crime was based on taking loads of donations?
Randall Beane tried to access his secret treasury account, went through several transactions to try and hide the source of the funds, then tried to buy a $500,000 recreational vehicle. He was arrested on the RV lot, And charged with several counts each of wire fraud, mail fraud, and conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Heather Ann Tucci-Jarraf is charged with 1 count of conspiracy to commit money laundering. While Randall was trying to buy this RV, he got Heather on the phone, who tried to tell the RV dealer that the money was ok, and to let the sale go through. This was all posted on YouTube, by the way.

So she's not in any hot water for putting out general information about how to do the scam, but rather for assisting someone who was actively trying to do it.

Having said that, it is possible that her release conditions will include a ban on promoting the scheme. We don't know that yet.
Point of order, and I checked 'cause I was curious.

He didn't try, Randy successfully bought the RV, it is titled in his name and the government has it impounded until they can force a forfeiture, Even though it is only not new because of some pesky paperwork, it's legally a used RV and as such has lost tens of thousands of dollars in value already. By the time USAA gets to claim some of the proceeds when its eventually sold, it will have lost tens of thousands of dollars in value more. The dealer didn't have to annul the sale and more importantly the dealer's bank didn't have to return the funds they received by fedwire from USAA (I knew in theory that Fedwire was irreversible but its more than a theory now) and USAA is in the lurch to the tune of half a million because they were sloppy with their "availability of funds" policy enforcement. Its not even clear to me that if the government seizes the RV if USAA is automatically entitled to the proceeds of any eventual sale, and how much of the expense of getting it would be deducted if they are. The RV is currently impounded and in storage... oh, but titled in Randy's name.

If you read the indictment, the only action mentioned in the charge against Heather is her conduct on the phone call she was so nice to post all over the internet, going so far to find a recording of both sides of the conversation when people complained that the first version she posted only let you hear her side of the call. On behalf of the US Attorney for the Eastern District of Tennessee, we'd like to thank Heather for making the evidence easy to find. :haha:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

On the facts, it might be argued as a defence that HATJ had a reasonable belief that matters were as stated to her and Randy really did have legitimate ownership of loads a money.
Removing the mens rea might reduce or remove her culpability.

If I were conducting her defence my skeleton argument would be that she reasonably believed what she was saying, had no reason not to believe it (tricky one, this) and by her action in publishing the call she showed that she had no idea any crime was involved, because you'd have to be pretty crazy to incriminate yourself in such a way.

Not Darrow, but surely workable.

I don't know if it would help or hinder if I were able to show that she had a history of believing five impossible things before breakfast, this needs more thought. It might be said to show that 'Yes, she was just that crazy', to rebut my last point.

If there is more factual evidence, or more evidence of motive, than the post above suggests, then it is back to the drawing board.
If she insists on defending herself she is welcome to my argument to try.
Defences that do not include dissolving the court system and foreclosing on the judge somehow seem more prudent to an old fuddy-duddy like me.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Nope. On page 21 of the grand jury proceedings they confirm that HATJ had knowledge of the shenanigans with the CDs from a video, that plus fraudulently claiming to be a licensed attorney means the case is a slam dunk.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

That's what you get for not reading all the 'bundle', exposed as a shallow fool :)
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Apparently Heather has a personal website, one I've not seen before:

http://unidynomics.info/

Its ludicrous New Age hooey, even by i-uv standards, but this bit is interesting:
This Universal Trust and all its compartmentalized branches, were operated by a Universal Commercial Conversion (UCC) system, in order to uniformly utilize Original Currency and Value throughout the vastness of the Universal Trust.
Heather's silly paperwork references the UCC frequently. But all this time I thought she meant Uniform Commercial Code.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

With Heather you never know, internal consistency is not one of her long suits.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Yeah, this is clearly something that I shouldn't try to make sense of.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Have we got any info on Mr. Beane's educational background or job history? I keep coming back to the CD thing because it's just fishy. The straightforward thing for Randall to have done if he really thought he had money in the Federal Reserve would be to transfer it to his savings account then spend it there. Instead he goes through the complicated step of "buying" a CD then immediately liquidating it losing 5% of his money in the process. That makes me think that he must have known that there were flaws in the system USAA used to process CD purchases, possibly with the mobile banking app for the bank itself.
notorial dissent

You have a definite point there. This all seems a whole lot more complicated than I would have thought Randy was up to, because, quite simply he doesn't strike me as particularly bright out of the gate. Now that is either a really good mask, or he got the idea from someone else. Since he got almost immediately caught, the whole mask idea doesn't work too well. What I'm still not clear on is did he get the TD scam idea from Heather to start with, or did he get it from somewhere else and then was drawn to her and her woo? So far, near as I can tell, we haven't heard anything about where and how Randy learned about the magikal TD process, and I would like to know myself, since there are some decided differences between his actions and Heather's pronouncements.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Tucci-Jarraf was in fact released following a detention hearing a couple of days ago. She signed the appearance bond "with full responsibility and liability and without prejudice".

Since in this context those are meaningless words - like everything she writes, for that matter - I'm somewhat surprised the clerks accepted it. Following a Faretta inquiry, the Court permitted her to appear pro se. Trial set for January 23 in Knoxville.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I wonder if Heather is forbidden from promoting the scam while on release. The i-uv website complained about "3 pages of release conditions", and she's made no public statements since being released (despite one being promised by BZ Riger).
wserra

Post by wserra »

Unless she were charged with something related to promoting a fraudulent scheme - she isn't - such a prohibition would violate the First Amendment. In any event, the order doesn't do so.

Anyway, since she signed it "without prejudice", it doesn't count.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Well, she's under supervision and must "avoid all contact, directly or indirectly, with any person who is or may be a victim or witness in the investigation or prosecution, including: co-defendant Randall Beane."

Other than for sheer amusement purposes, I wouldn't want to be the SO.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Thanks for the info, everyone. Looks like a standard release agreement.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Is there any significance to her alteration of the jurat? Isn't that something the Hendriksons tried to do and she was later charged because of it?
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Going off the indictment, Randy started experimenting with the mobile USAA app July 5th, however the I-UV website doesn't start talking about TDA's until July 9th and the first actual evidence of Randall and HATJ talking is from July 10th when Randall is arrested:
http://i-uv.com/utilizing-your-treasury ... -accounts/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUB4ScRFIhw

I don't think we have enough to figure out whether Randall got this from Heather or vice versa.

HATJ posted this on July 7th:
http://i-uv.com/wp-content/uploads/2017 ... 092967.pdf

I can't seem to find anything that shows them planning things before July 5th. It is interesting that Heather knew about Randy's arrest and the indictment but still went to DC.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Much as I want to, I can't dismiss the idea that HATJ is so batshit crazy she went to DC because she believed that she had a meeting with Donald or Ivanka Trump as the guy in Panama told her. When she showed up at the gates of the White House and asked if she was on the list cleared to the West Wing yet, she was either showing off for the rubes who went to DC with her, or she thought she was really going to get waived in. In retrospect, it was a stupid move.
notorial dissent

Regrettably, I think the option you dislike is most likely the true one. I think she started to go off the rails back in WA over something all those years ago, and I think it has gotten progressively worse over time. I am beginning to think she really does believe her woo. She got hooked up with the crazy person in Panama and I really do think she thought she was going to get to have a meeting at the White House. I don't know if he was just conning her or if he is as crazy as she is, since I really am not familiar with him at all, before my time of paying attention.