Before her next hearing
2%
After her next hearing
5%
Before her trial
32%
Before her sentencing
44%
Never - she wants to experience BEing and DOing behind bars.
17%

Total votes: 41

Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: OPPT (One Person's Public Trial) - Tucci-Jarraf

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

On the other hand, just think what a great chance to BE and DO sitting in jail would be.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I have added a poll to see when - or if - Quatloosians think Heather will decide to flee justice.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I will go off the board and say "after sentencing."

I suspect Heather knows her best option is to somehow be acquitted, or plea to time served. I think she also holds out naive hope that the power of I AM I BE might actually work. Even if not, she needs to push the OPPT angle to maintain the grift. Only when facing actual jail time will she flee.

Hell, I wouldn't put it past her to turn state's evidence, except that I doubt she has that option. The state doesn't need her help to convict Randy Beane. And it's hard to testify against the person you're accused of conspiring with. But I bet she'd throw Randy under the water-powered sex bus to save her own ass.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

TheNewSaint wrote:I will go off the board and say "after sentencing."
Don't think so. If (when) convicted, the court will likely remand her.

I don't think she'll split (or, as one of my former clients put it, "use the distance defense"). I skimmed the transcript of the detention hearing. She's too invested in her BS to flee - she would see people taking that as an admission she was wrong, and she'd be right. I think she's too deep into the cream cheese to accept that possibility.
And it's hard to testify against the person you're accused of conspiring with.
It actually isn't. In fact, it's a way of life in the federal courts. But I agree that she doesn't have much to offer. And Heather won't do it anyway.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Is there anything she could actually testify to that wouldn't get here further in trouble?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

wserra wrote: Don't think so. If (when) convicted, the court will likely remand her.
I hadn't thought of that. I'll choose "sentencing", aka "pulling a Morton."
She's too invested in her BS to flee - she would see people taking that as an admission she was wrong, and she'd be right. I think she's too deep into the cream cheese to accept that possibility.
True, but i don't think Heather can handle any amount of time in prison. Something has to give. She either has to flee, or somehow beat the rap.

As for being proven wrong: well, that's never been an obstacle to Heather before. I think she could easily spin whatever happens to her followers. She blatantly lies to them as it is, and they eat up her every word.
waylonmercy
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by waylonmercy »

The Observer wrote:I have added a poll to see when - or if - Quatloosians think Heather will decide to flee justice.
I am new here. How do I vote in a poll? No instructions on site.
Lives are going to be in Waylon Mercy's hands.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I picked "before trial" because of two reasons:

(1) Heather's gibberish statement about "always honoring her obligations" to the court seemed to be her attempt to lay the foundation for an excuse as to why she did not appear for trial. My guess is that she will explain to anyone bothering to listen that the UCC was violated by the court in some way or fashion and she simply was not going to subject herself to a rogue court which was acting outside of the law (as she interprets it).

(2) As others have pointed out, Heather is too educated and too smart not to know how her trial will turn out. Some may think that she is planning on being incarcerated as a way to enhance her reputation and maximize her earning from the scam, but the reality is most of these gurus get forgotten by their fans upon conviction. Thinking you can become the next Ghandi in the tax protest or sovrun movement is not an optimal plan. Heather may see returning to Morocco as the best plan.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

waylonmercy wrote:
The Observer wrote:I have added a poll to see when - or if - Quatloosians think Heather will decide to flee justice.
The poll should pop up for you at the top of the page when you select this thread for reading.

waylonmercy
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by waylonmercy »

waylonmercy wrote:
Nevermind. Voting options finally appeared on screen.
Lives are going to be in Waylon Mercy's hands.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

I can see one of two scenarios if Heather flees:

1. She goes back to her old haunts, where she's easily tracked and is quickly caught. She seems to have a surprisingly positive relationship with her ex-husband and has some other family and friends who enable her. She'll seek out their comfort, document everything on Facebook, and get reeled in almost immediately, adding years to her sentence. Her addiction to the limelight, such as it is in her sordid little world, is her undoing.

2. She goes back to Morocco, which doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US. She lived there in the OPPT heyday, and her ex-husband is from there, so she may be able to navigate there reasonably well for a gringo. But did the judge take her passport as part of granting pre-trial release? Also, even though there's not an extradition treaty, the Moroccans do cooperate in individual cases and there appears to be some sort of international cooperation agreement which, though it falls short of a bilateral extradition treaty, does enable some people to be returned to the US.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

BoomerSooner17 wrote:That's pretty much what I thought. Heather's scamming style is a catch-22. How do you profit from a scam when your scam is aimed at people with no disposable income?

that's pretty much the problem with most scams. yeah, there are exceptions but look at all the ponzis on the internet.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:and the judge had a level 10 wizard card when it wasn't allowed

damn that's funny
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

JohnPCapitalist wrote:did the judge take her passport as part of granting pre-trial release?
Yes. This came up during the detention hearing.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I'm going public as a firm never vote. Heather doesn't strike me as the fugitive type.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Jeffrey wrote:I'm going public as a firm never vote. Heather doesn't strike me as the fugitive type.
I think "never" is also a good choice, if only because Heather will fail to recognize when she should flee. I think she really believes she can win, and won't recognize she's lost until it's too late.

(Added to clarify: yes, Heather could be acquitted, just any accused person can, for any number of reasons. But what Heather really wants is validation of the OPPT scheme, which she will not get.)

As evidence of Heather's naivete, I offer you the latest update on i-uv.com: a glowing tribute to C. Clifford Shirley, the judge in her case.

I don't know what the BEING and DOING people see in this man that makes him think he's going to rule in their favor. In the posted video interview, he mostly talks about his Christian faith, which seems contrary to the new agey i-uv worldview. And he was visibly annoyed with Heather during the detention hearing, though he did ultimately rule in her favor.

I still think Heather will crack once she's out of options.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

TheNewSaint wrote: I still think Heather will crack once she's out of options.
Based on the 74-page OPPT/IUV thread, I don't think Heather has ever actually faced real (as in, real enough that her new-age sov'run woo won't help) consequences for her actions. After all, she has stayed safe in Morocco while her followers used her woo and got burned. Like the rest of you, I wonder what Heather will do if/when she realizes how much brown smelly stuff she's standing in (and spewing out), but I don't think we have any prior examples of how she behaves when cornered because she's never been cornered like this before. I think the only thing we can be certain of is that it will be entertaining.
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
notorial dissent

Heather seems to have a history of leading the unsuspecting and dim down the path to what well could be their destruction, without ever getting out in front of them. She's a lead from the rear kind of general. She seems to be real good at pointing the direction without herself getting close to the edge. Which is to say she is real good at advising people without following the advice herself. At least that would seem to have been her pattern to date.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

That's where she thought she was with Randy Beane, and if she hadn't made that phone call to the RV dealer (and made sure it was all over the internet) she would have been on the sidelines cheering her followers into the gunfire still.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent

Gregg wrote:That's where she thought she was with Randy Beane, and if she hadn't made that phone call to the RV dealer (and made sure it was all over the internet) she would have been on the sidelines cheering her followers into the gunfire still.
I'd say that about covers it.