Before her next hearing
2%
After her next hearing
5%
Before her trial
32%
Before her sentencing
44%
Never - she wants to experience BEing and DOing behind bars.
17%

Total votes: 41

Resume
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: OPPT (One Person's Public Trial) - Tucci-Jarraf

Post by Resume »

She's pining for Antarctica.
Praeterea Preterea . . . Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!
Athis
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Athis »

She's probably in antarctica with the families
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Resume wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:48 pm She's pining for Antarctica.
Are there pines in Antarctica?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Resume
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Resume »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:58 am
Resume wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:48 pm She's pining for Antarctica.
Are there pines in Antarctica?
There are fiords.
Praeterea Preterea . . . Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!
Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Tuba Cain »

Unrelated, but I’m still disappointed there wasn’t a Fiord Prefect joke in the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

And with that off my chest, back to lurking I go.
"The only thing which may accurately be said of a man who believes himself to be a poached egg is that he is in the minority" - James Burke, "The Day the Universe Changed"
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Tuba Cain wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:52 pm Unrelated, but I’m still disappointed there wasn’t a Fiord Prefect joke in the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

And with that off my chest, back to lurking I go.
I thought that was Ford Prefect, or perhaps Fforde Prefect.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Tuba Cain »

It is Ford Prefect, but another character named Slartibartfast is really, really in to fiords.
"The only thing which may accurately be said of a man who believes himself to be a poached egg is that he is in the minority" - James Burke, "The Day the Universe Changed"
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Bob Wright, one of the original promoters of OPPT is reported dead. The obituary published his full name and address so I figured I'd check if he ever got into any court problems testing OPPT stuff but nothing popped up.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

Was he the one who kept going to different banks trying to "deposit his value" or was he the one who begged and fleeced the supporters to pay for his flight to Morocco with a wheelchair?
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

BoomerSooner17 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:10 am Was he the one who kept going to different banks trying to "deposit his value" or was he the one who begged and fleeced the supporters to pay for his flight to Morocco with a wheelchair?
I seem to recall he was both.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Athis
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Athis »

Like the rest of them he promoted complete bs with an air of assurance and authority
He was able to preach financial abundance and perfect health while being chronically poor and unhealthy himself
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

In addition to that, Bob was also the one that argued that the economy would not collapse if everyone was given ten billion dollars because to paraphrase "people would still show up to work at factories for fun".
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Jeffrey wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:55 pm In addition to that, Bob was also the one that argued that the economy would not collapse if everyone was given ten billion dollars because to paraphrase "people would still show up to work at factories for fun".
Actually, they probably would show up for work because, such a distribution would so dilute the value of the dollar that a car would cost 25 billion dollars, a loaf of bread would cost $10 million. A decent house would probably cost $100 billion.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The net effect, if everyone were given a bazillion dollars, would be ZERO, for the simple reason that everyone would have a bazillion dollars. Everyone would still be in the same position they were before they got the money. It would produce an inflation that would put Zimbabwe to shame.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

In the German hyperinflation of 1923, you went to the store with your money in a basket, and carried home your purchase in your pocket or handbag.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

The net effect, if everyone were given a bazillion dollars, would be ZERO
Not at all true. The effect would be to wipe out any savings you had, any cash balances, pretty well any investments. The richer you are, the more you lose. In effect, it was the destruction of the finances of the German middle classes that rendered the democratic election of Hitler and the NSDAP possible. People who would have had a status to defend had nothing to lose.

Lashings of cash for everyone would be very much against the interests of the rich and what's the point of being a global elite if you cannot be rich?

Of course, if all the people in the know knew billions of bucks were on the way, they would sell any dollars they had first, depressing and then tanking the dollar on the Forex market.
Athis
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Athis »

The arguments put forward by the OPPT et al show how little they understand money
Economics and the money supply is very poorly understood generally - even by economists
And that is not accidental
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

noblepa wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:24 pm
Jeffrey wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:55 pm In addition to that, Bob was also the one that argued that the economy would not collapse if everyone was given ten billion dollars because to paraphrase "people would still show up to work at factories for fun".
Actually, they probably would show up for work because, such a distribution would so dilute the value of the dollar that a car would cost 25 billion dollars, a loaf of bread would cost $10 million. A decent house would probably cost $100 billion.
Here's approximately what would happen: the current M2 money supply is about $14 trillion. That's demand deposits and some other useful stuff. If all 320 million people in the US got $10 billion overnight, the money supply would go up by $3,200,000,000,000,000,000. That's about 223,000 times the current money supply. So take the prices of everything you have currently and multiply by 223,000 and you'd see about where they would end up.

It's scarcely better than "eleventy seven zillion skadillion dollars" in terms of bad math skills. Most of the SovCit crowd can count to 11 if they take their shoes and socks off because of all that inbred hexadactyly, but not much further.
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

One immediate necessity would be to revalue the dollar, say making “one new dollar” the equivalent of 100,000 “old dollars”. That or make the banknotes four times larger to have the space to squeeze the numbers and writing in on the $10,000,000 plus value notes.

Without a re-evaluation stick-on price labels would have an even worse problem as the price tag would often be much larger than the thing it’s attached to.

The end result would certainly be a general levelling effect on wealth possession across the US population, but another effect would be the devaluation of dollar holdings, shares and commodities (like oil) quoted in dollars, US government bonds and dollar based investments held outside the US. My mind isn’t prepared to boggle to the necessary depths to try and work out what the overall global effect would be, but I suspect it would be memorable.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

The Seventh String wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:25 pm One immediate necessity would be to revalue the dollar, say making “one new dollar” the equivalent of 100,000 “old dollars”. That or make the banknotes four times larger to have the space to squeeze the numbers and writing in on the $10,000,000 plus value notes.
Or we could all just learn scientific notation. ("Your new monthly rent is $3.122E8" is much more compact than "Your new monthly rent is $312,200,000.")