Before her next hearing
2%
After her next hearing
5%
Before her trial
32%
Before her sentencing
44%
Never - she wants to experience BEing and DOing behind bars.
17%

Total votes: 41

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: OPPT (One Person's Public Trial) - Tucci-Jarraf

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Rules of evidence are at the root - 403 basically says that evidence that could prejudice or confuse or mislead a jury or that wastes the court's time can be kept out of trial.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

wserra wrote:Trial to begin January 23 in Knoxville.

.... snip ...

This should be entertaining. Gregg, how far are you from Knoxville?
I wanna, but its about 5 hours which might be doable for a long weekend, but at this time of year going to a mountainous region with little in the way of snow equipment can turn into a long term stay.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LightinDarkness »

wserra wrote:Trial to begin January 23 in Knoxville.

No sooner had the Court set the trial date than the govt files what everyone knew was coming: a motion in limine to preclude prattle about BEing, DOing and FORECLOSing. Good luck, govt.

This should be entertaining. Gregg, how far are you from Knoxville?
I understand/agree with what the government is trying to do with the motion (stop this nonsense from having to be re-argued and potentially confusing the hell out of the jury). And I'm sure the judge will do it. But I am kind of disappointed. What this will do whenever HATJ loses is inevitably give the sovcits fuel to claim "victory": they really won, you see, because the court denied jurisdiction from coming up during trial. In the sovcit alternate reality, this PROVES that HATJ had the court beat because jurisdiction trumps all! So this will actually help her fame/donations from the sovcit crowd, they'll love her more than ever.

Of course, I acknowledge if they allowed all this gibberish to be brought up they'd still find a way to claim victory when HATJ loses. It would just be a larger intellectual leap.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The thing is, that HAT did get to argue jurisdiction, in the pre-trial argument section, which is the place for it and not at the actual trial, AND SHE LOST. The fact that she, and her followers, can't read and comprehend the plain English in the Magistrate's and Judge's ruling is just par for the course.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

That ruling doesn't count, she "thumb printed" and voided, duly rejected for due cause without dishonor in due course of business and...reasons.

HATJ has them right where she wants them.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yeah, but I think the MJ pretty well ""thumb printed" and voided, duly rejected for due cause without dishonor in due course of business and...reasons" filing, on top of just flat out stomping on it and saying neener neener neener.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

LightinDarkness wrote:What this will do whenever HATJ loses is inevitably give the sovcits fuel to claim "victory"
Her fans don't need much fuel. No matter how badly she loses or how stupid she looks doing it, every post about the case gets 20 drooling responses. Let them celebrate their glorious victory while Heather and Randy rot in jail.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

My thought too. The prosecution's goal is orderly focused trials and convictions, not to get a judgment showing why Heather's more demented rantings are wrong. In any case your Cheek defense (no equivalent in Canada) adds risk to the chances of conviction if the jury thinks that Heather and Randy actually really believed their lunatic theories. Why take the risk?

In any case it doesn't matter what's addressed at trial and the judgment. We've found in Canada that believers are going to believe regardless of how authoritatively their idiotic beliefs are refuted. It's more religion than law. Meads v Meads, an encyclopedic review of freeman jurisprudence proving that none of their beliefs worked in court, changed nothing. As Donald Netolitzky wrote in this article;

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11622

they use magic thinking rather than legal analysis.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I think Cheek only applies in Tax cases, not general criminal cases.

The real danger is the increasing likelyhood of finding 1 like minded reality-challenged juror. Every day we're normalizing more and more fringe behavior and alternative facts.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Do you not have majority verdicts in the US?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

It's all over. She's BEen and DOne.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
waylonmercy
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by waylonmercy »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:Do you not have majority verdicts in the US?
No.
Lives are going to be in Waylon Mercy's hands.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Burnaby49 wrote:In any case your Cheek defense (no equivalent in Canada) adds risk to the chances of conviction if the jury thinks that Heather and Randy actually really believed their lunatic theories.
I don't think any kind of "honest belief" defense will go far, because of the numerous steps Randy took to launder the money. People who believe they have access to an account don't buy a CD with their withdrawals and then immediately liquidate it.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see what sort of defense Heather and Randy can muster now that Heather will be verboten from filing UCC statements.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Gregg wrote:The real danger is the increasing likelyhood of finding 1 like minded reality-challenged juror.
There's still the jury selection process. I have no doubt the prosecution will be more skilled at weeding out problematic candidates than Heather and her elbow counsel will.

Lord knows what kind of defense strategy Heather will pursue now. Even more so Randy, who's done nothing but attach himself to Heather's stupid filings.
Athis
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Athis »

notorial dissent wrote:
TheNewSaint wrote:
BoomerSooner17 wrote:One wonders what HATJ's true believers would consider necessary to put in a "care package"
He seems to be losing a lot of fights with cell mates, so how about a shiv?
He'd just hurt himself, he's basically VERY stupid on top of being self destructive, he doesn't need additional help I should think. I suspect his big mouth and winning personality have a lot to do with it, but I'm not sure why he is in that kind of population if he is just on hold pending trial.
My impression of Randy from all I have heard of him talking with BZ and the video he made some time before is of an adult child. A very naive and immature person - but also a good and sincere person. He is not a criminal.
(ofc his actions were technically illegal and will be prosecuted as crimes - I dont defend them; but his intention was not and is not criminal; unlike many of the people he will be spending time with in prison)
Athis
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Athis »

I see the Bundy case has been screwed up by prosecutor incompetence; I hope that wont happen in this case
I had a quick glance at recent comments on the IUV site and they seem to be going full retard in the delusional nonsense they write. Jaw-dropping idiocy.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Athis wrote: My impression of Randy from all I have heard of him talking with BZ and the video he made some time before is of an adult child. A very naive and immature person - but also a good and sincere person. He is not a criminal.
(ofc his actions were technically illegal and will be prosecuted as crimes - I dont defend them; but his intention was not and is not criminal; unlike many of the people he will be spending time with in prison)
Don't let him fool you, its possible to be a stunningly stupid criminal and even a childish and likable extremely stupid criminal.
Just because he comes across as a guy who'd never stick a gun in your face doesn't mean he didn't try to rob a bank, he just thought he's found a smarter way to do it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I would note that Randy's been moved at least four times for his own protection: at least two cell moves, a new prison, and now solitary confinement in the new prison. This suggests his fellow inmates are unimpressed with Randy's personality.
Athis
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Athis »

Gregg wrote:
Athis wrote: My impression of Randy from all I have heard of him talking with BZ and the video he made some time before is of an adult child. A very naive and immature person - but also a good and sincere person. He is not a criminal.
Don't let him fool you, its possible to be a stunningly stupid criminal and even a childish and likable extremely stupid criminal.
Just because he comes across as a guy who'd never stick a gun in your face doesn't mean he didn't try to rob a bank, he just thought he's found a smarter way to do it.
I have a different opinion on the matter and nothing I have seen or heard leads me think otherwise
TheNewSaint wrote:I would note that Randy's been moved at least four times for his own protection: at least two cell moves, a new prison, and now solitary confinement in the new prison. This suggests his fellow inmates are unimpressed with Randy's personality.
Randy wont do well in prison because he's not like the majority of people in there
I would say they will see him as a nutter - which is really what he is
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Athis wrote:
TheNewSaint wrote:I would note that Randy's been moved at least four times for his own protection: at least two cell moves, a new prison, and now solitary confinement in the new prison. This suggests his fellow inmates are unimpressed with Randy's personality.
Randy wont do well in prison because he's not like the majority of people in there
I would say they will see him as a nutter - which is really what he is
I think Randy is a nutter on multiple fronts -- apparently religious in that annoying Evangelical way, full of New Age nonsense, and also full of Sov Cit arglebargle. And he thinks he is in possession of such remarkable Truth-with-a-capital-T that everyone in jail would love to be evangelized at for all of it at once. I have a sneaking suspicion that he comes across like one of those encyclopedia salesmen that would show up and give you the hard sell back in the day, the kind that are impossible to stop once they launch into their pitch.

I would have to believe that a lot of prisoners don't take kindly to the nonstop nonsense from Randy and, when he refuses a direct request to STFU, they are left with little alternative than to pound him senseless in order to get a little rest from their eardrums. I have never hit anybody in my life, but if I were in the situation his fellow inmates find themselves in, I might find myself doing exactly that.