Before her next hearing
2%
After her next hearing
5%
Before her trial
32%
Before her sentencing
44%
Never - she wants to experience BEing and DOing behind bars.
17%

Total votes: 41

TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: OPPT (One Person's Public Trial) - Tucci-Jarraf

Post by TheNewSaint »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: We need more entertainment value in this trial, but hopefully not so much entertainment value that Heather either loses the ability to represent herself or that she gets a competency hearing.
The trial starts the 23rd. The real show will be these two idiots defending themselves pro se, with no more access to jurisdiction arguments or thumbprinted rejections.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Likely, they will try to introduce the woo in court. They may be relieved from the burden of self-representation on the first day.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:I can't see that working. The latest research indicates that there should be an owl feather attached to each page, to show that the authority of ancient Attic Greece is embodied in the documents, and there is clearly no powdered mandrake root border, to prevent the power escaping.
Further, there should be four triangular pages and one square one, which when assembled form a pyramid which is symbol of great power.

Anyone skilled in the Art will be amused by the lack of more Latin, since there was not enough previously. I suggest "Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse" whose superfical meaning of Carthage must be destroyed would in this case symbolically mean the foreclosed USA.

The grammatical analysis, impenetrabe to all but BAR members shows the great mystic power of the phrase!!!1
The phrase employs delenda, the feminine singular gerundive form of the verb dēlēre ("to destroy"). The gerundive (or future passive participle) delenda is a verbal adjective that may be translated as "to be destroyed". When combined with a form of the verb esse ("to be"), it adds an element of compulsion or necessity, yielding "is to be destroyed", or, as it is more commonly rendered, "must be destroyed". The gerundive delenda functions as a predicative adjective in this construction, which is known as the passive periphrastic.

The short form of the phrase, Carthago delenda est, is an independent clause. Consequently, the feminine singular subject noun Carthago appears in the nominative case. The verb est functions as a copula—linking the subject noun Carthago to the predicative verbal adjective delenda—and further imports a deontic modality to the clause as a whole. Because delenda is a predicative adjective in relation to the subject noun Carthago, it takes the same number (singular), gender (feminine) and case (nominative) as Carthago.

The fuller forms Ceterum censeo delendam esse Carthaginem and Ceterum autem censeo delendam esse Carthaginem use the so-called accusative and infinitive construction for the indirect statement. In each of these forms, the verb censeo ("I opine") sets up the indirect statement delendam esse Carthaginem ("[that] Carthage is to be destroyed"). Carthaginem, the subject of the indirect statement, is in the accusative case; while the verb esse is in its present infinitive form. Delendam is a predicate adjective in relation to the subject noun Carthaginem and thus takes the same number (singular); gender (feminine); and case (accusative) as Carthaginem.[

I can see this tying up the case for years.

I'm disappointed that that analysis does not mention that Carthago Delenda Est uses my favorite latin construction, the ablative absolute.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

LaVidaRoja wrote:Likely, they will try to introduce the woo in court. They may be relieved from the burden of self-representation on the first day.
Randy's not even smart enough to introduce the woo. When the judge asked him why he attached himself to Heather's jurisdiction challenge, he had no idea. Forcing him to use his elbow counsel would be an act of mercy.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

TheNewSaint wrote:Predictably, Heather has rejected everything again:

http://i-uv.com/hatj-rkb-1-11-18-servic ... ed-copies/

Same deal as before: red thumbprints, handwritten rejection notices referencing her voided earlier filings, condescending tone. Not much new, though she's added "notice to principle is notice to agent."
No, there is one thing I noticed. Her e-mail to Francis Lloyd, who is the person who among other things is giving Heather her drug test, and I quote
Her Ethereal Quantum Eminence HATJ wrote: ...prior to/same day of any alleged court presentations per the order I authorized Shirley to issue dated August 29th, 2017
How many times is the Court going to let her play this passive-aggressive game? Seriously, is she TRYING to get her bail revoked?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

She's used that tone before, even when speaking directly to the judge in her jurisdiction hearing. But yes, that attitude needs an answer, especially considering that her pre-trial release was based in her having respect for the court. I hope Judge Shirley deals with this promptly. He's given her enough rope at this point.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

It is looking like the judge is going to put up with the nonsense up until the trial since it really isn't costing him anything at this point, and then I suspect/hope that he will shut her/them down as soon as they convene, and maybe the shock of being told NO and it being meant will shock her in to silence, vane hope I know, but still. Alternatively, if he doesn't the trial will be a full on circus.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
waylonmercy
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by waylonmercy »

TheNewSaint wrote:She's used that tone before, even when speaking directly to the judge in her jurisdiction hearing. But yes, that attitude needs an answer, especially considering that her pre-trial release was based in her having respect for the court. I hope Judge Shirley deals with this promptly.
Judge Shirley's work is done on this case. Heather and Randy are Judge Varlan's headache now. Varlan didn't rise to the level of federal district court judge by allowing sociopathic hillbillies to defile his courtroom and the legal system. Judicial order and decorum will be restored forthwith.
Lives are going to be in Waylon Mercy's hands.
notorial dissent

waylonmercy wrote:
TheNewSaint wrote:She's used that tone before, even when speaking directly to the judge in her jurisdiction hearing. But yes, that attitude needs an answer, especially considering that her pre-trial release was based in her having respect for the court. I hope Judge Shirley deals with this promptly.
Judge Shirley's work is done on this case. Heather and Randy are Judge Varlan's headache now. Varlan didn't rise to the level of federal district court judge by allowing sociopathic hillbillies to defile his courtroom and the legal system. Judicial order and decorum will be restored forthwith.
True and unintended comedy should also come forth, at least for a short time until reality comes calling.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

This is also a window for Heather to skip town. 13 of 35 respondents in this thread said she'd ditch before the trial, which starts the 23rd. She could be gone over a week before anyone notices, assuming she can deal with the tracking bracelet.
notorial dissent

A lot will depend on how desperate/crazed she gets as the trial date approaches. Right now I think she still thinks she is in control. I don't think the reality of her going to jail has set in yet.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

notorial dissent wrote:A lot will depend on how desperate/crazed she gets as the trial date approaches. Right now I think she still thinks she is in control. I don't think the reality of her going to jail has set in yet.
She continues to write "rejected" on everything after the magistrate judge thoroughly trashed her arguments in his recommendation. You're right that she has a great ability to be unable to recognize failure in action. I suspect that she'll actually make it through the verdict.

I listened to a recent Colorado pretend judge/grand jury conference call (this is the bunch centered around pretend judge Bruce Doucette who are all being convicted and sentenced to lengthy terms). In the wake of the most recent pair of convictions (one got 20+ and the other got 40 years for their liens against dozens of officials), one of the leaders was discussing strategy. They were undeterred by the verdicts and the sentences, claiming that:

a) this would ultimately help the movement because the two convicts would be "spreading the gospel" in jail, winning tons of converts to the SovCit movement, and

b) the real battle was just beginning because first-level trial courts don't have to follow the Constitution, but the appeals court and Supreme Court does.

That's some pretty thin gruel to rationalize the utter failure of any of the magic SovCit words to save them.

So, too, I think Heather will be able to rationalize being completely and utterly flattened in court while on the way to a conviction. It may be around the time of all the interviews with the pre-sentencing report writer that reality settles in. But she may actually be able to rationalize it on similar grounds -- that the appeal is where the real battle is. And of course her pro se appeal will undoubtedly be as effective as any other.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I have to remind myself when I read all this that Heather is a sideshow in this case. The case, and the trial, is mostly about Randy Beane.

Docile, stupid and mostly silent Randy, who faces decades in prison and is so confident that Heather is going to majik him out of this and will continue to think so until at least the day when he he hears "The Prosecution rests..." and the Judge asks Randy, Pro Se and appearing under special conditions, not to be confused with the legal fiction RANDY....to present his defense. Just then, it might hit him, when he looks plaintively to Heather, who will at this point not be allowed to say a word, and he realizes that he has phuck all to say, and lacks the skill to articulate anything beyond basic questions if he did. Anything he believes will spare him that he tries to say will get shut down, because defendants don't get to attempt to teach pseudo sov-cit (but I'm not a sovereign citizen, I don't know why they keep calling me one!) law school to juries. He won't have any witnesses to call. He won't know how to present a case and he really doesn't have anything to say in his defense, he kinda got caught with his hand in the cookie jar here. At best, he might get the brilliant idea to call Heather as a witness, which I doubt the Judge would allow and if she has half a brain she wouldn't allow without making some 5th Amendment Argument (we'll discount the "rejected for cause without dishonor" and thumbprint she put on The Constitution for a moment).

Or hell, maybe that's the big strategy, have both defendants call the other as witnesses, so they can ask and answer back and forth on BEing and DOing. I dunno.

But make no mistake, this trial is all about how phucked Randy Beane is, how hard the Justice System is going to hammer him like that nail you hit askew and rather than pull it and put a straight on in, you just pound he hell out of it until it's finally flat, or flat enough. After they shovel up what's left of Randall Keith Beane and cart it out to prison, they'll get around to giving Heather, who was the lead act at the show but not reason for it, her short sentence for her one charge, a sentence that might not even involve her going to prison until she violates probation (over/under on that is 48 hours at the Window). That's unlikely I know, and I myself think she's going to get a year or two, but we'll see. Ah, but Randy is getting decades and I've said many times that even I, degenerate gambler that I am, will not take a bet at any odds that Randy ever gets out alive, unless its one of those compassionate relief things where the BOP kicks you to the curb when you're too sick and infirm for them to want to pay your medical bills. (Another post altogether)

Boy, I'm sorry I don't have the time to go watch, I love me some Sov-Cits in the Center Ring and popcorn. Cheddar Cheese popcorn, in fact, again though, that's another post altogether.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
waylonmercy
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by waylonmercy »

Heather made it very clear at her detention hearing in August that she will say or do anything to stay out of jail. She's not going to voluntarily return to custody under any circumstances.
Lives are going to be in Waylon Mercy's hands.
notorial dissent

HAT is so used to her followers swallowing her bull and getting away with this that she may be in denial of reality and I agree that she may well continue to do so until the final hammer comes down.

As to the Colorado crowd, for once I think the followers are only marginally dumber than the leaders, it just staggers me how mind numbingly stupid and brain dead the whole lot of them are. I had originally thought Il Douche was at least marginally smarter than the rest of them, but after what I've seen out of him, I have come to the conclusion he's just better dressed up. He's still an idiot. I will give the whole crowd props for being universally clueless, they don't know how the law works, they don't know how the courts work, and they don't know what is going on, and they still think they are the ones running things. They really are a cult.

Gregg, I think you are giving Randy far more credit than is due. He hasn't got a clue and I don't think he will ever get one. He will be sitting looking bewildered when the judge hands down a VERY long sentence for him. He won't say anything that HAT hasn't coached him on, even then he'll only be repeating what he's been told and not understanding a bit of it. He's just not that bright. Basically, I agree with everything you've said here.

Waylon, you are quite right, but "voluntarily" is the key word here, and I very much expect it won't be when it happens.
Athis
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Athis »

My guess is Heather will stay and face the music. I think she has more to lose than gain by running. As others have said, Heather is not in line for a stiff sentence, unlike Randy.
If she stays she will in fact gain considerably in the eyes of her dupes - she will be a martyr; and she will be able to cash-in on that going forward. So my guess is Heather will stay and will persist in her delusional nonsense. I expect the Judge will be prepared and able to manage her and push forward with the trial to its conclusion.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Heather's not a martyr. She only believes in one cause, and that's Heather. She doesn't need to maintain appearances for her followers; they believe everything she says. Her MO will be to save her own ass, and nothing else.
notorial dissent

TheNewSaint wrote:Heather's not a martyr. She only believes in one cause, and that's Heather. She doesn't need to maintain appearances for her followers; they believe everything she says. Her MO will be to save her own ass, and nothing else.
Pretty much sums it up.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hiya Folks.

For us UK based people , what’s the 1 paragraph update on her journey to freedom ?

Cheers
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

SteveUK wrote:Hiya Folks.

For us UK based people , what’s the 1 paragraph update on her journey to freedom ?

Cheers
Trial is set to start January 23. The last pre-trial hearing was held on January 12th. Heather's brilliant legal strategy has consisted of two parts: 1) to oppose the court's jurisdiction, with arguments that were pretty unambiguously shot down by the judge; and 2) to employ the "you aren't the boss of me strategy," sending back all rulings with handwritten notations of "rejected" plus other SovCit nonsense. Randy Beane, the guy who actually stole the motorhome, is employing a much more direct pro se legal strategy: "Whatever Heather said, even if I don't understand it."

Beane is almost certain to be convicted as he appeared to be completely aware that the money he obtained from USAA was stolen; he moved it out to purchase the RV the day it hit his account. He also attempted to purchase a top-of-the-line pickup but that purchase apparently failed. That's a pattern that the US Attorney will undoubtedly point out.

Heather's almost certain to be convicted, too, because she posted YouTube videos of her phone conversations with the dealers attempting to convince them to take Beane's payment.

The Quatloos community seems to be converging around the opinion that Beane will get hammered with a lenghty sentence, and Tucci-Jarraf will probably get 2-2.5 years for the single count she faces. Both seem likely to have ways of rationalizing their failures until the cell doors slam shut; they don't seem to understand the dire situation they're in.

Not one paragraph, but I hope this is helpful and that others will agree that it accurately sums up the situation.