April LaJune: I can UCC You!

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

DBT
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Re: April LaJune: I can UCC You!

Post by DBT »

What is that crazy language underneath the description of the houses??? http://honsingerhomes.com/property/

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam convallis..."
nancydrew
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by nancydrew »

DBT wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm What is that crazy language underneath the description of the houses??? http://honsingerhomes.com/property/

It’s supposed to be Latin but translated it’s gibberish!
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

DBT wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm What is that crazy language underneath the description of the houses??? http://honsingerhomes.com/property/

It's gibberish Latin. That text fragment is used widely as placeholder text in typesetting, page layout software, web design, etc. Not unlike how "foo" and "bar" are traditional names for variables in simple programming exercises. Everybody knows, when you see that, to focus on the layout rather than the content.

April LaJune was too lazy to fill in real property descriptions copy/pasta'd from Zillow or somewhere on her grifting real estate site. Sad.
nancydrew
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by nancydrew »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:26 pm [quote=DBT post_id=263772 time=<a href="tel:1528734935">1528734935</a> user_id=30600]
What is that crazy language underneath the description of the houses??? http://honsingerhomes.com/property/

It's gibberish Latin. That text fragment is used widely as placeholder text in typesetting, page layout software, web design, etc. Not unlike how "foo" and "bar" are traditional names for variables in simple programming exercises. Everybody knows, when you see that, to focus on the layout rather than the content.

April LaJune was too lazy to fill in real property descriptions copy/pasta'd from Zillow or somewhere on her grifting real estate site. Sad.
[/quote]
JohnPCapitalist wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:26 pm

So she’s not a very good web designer either. Here’s my surprise face! 🤭. If you go to her web design site most of the companies she has up there as testimonials are ones designed for either herself or the hubby. The hauling company, the bakery, the astronomy ones are all associated with April or the husband.
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

nancydrew wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:44 pm So she’s not a very good web designer either. Here’s my surprise face! 🤭. If you go to her web design site most of the companies she has up there as testimonials are ones designed for either herself or the hubby. The hauling company, the bakery, the astronomy ones are all associated with April or the husband.
She's obviously using WordPress or some other template, and not even customizing it. That level of web design skill is available at your local high school.
ssmith
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by ssmith »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Thank you for the explanation. I kept looking for the phrase "nunc pro tunc, praeterea preterea".
Quartermass
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Quartermass »

If you want some of your very own Lipsum you can generate it here for free https://www.lipsum.com/

Would be interesting to sprinkle some of these phrases through a SovCit filing and see if they improve the effectiveness.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

ssmith wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:55 pm Thank you for the explanation. I kept looking for the phrase "nunc pro tunc, praeterea preterea".
and when I see that I think
Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carazón
Mundo paparazzi mi amore chica ferdi para sol
Questo obrigado tanto mucho que canite carousel
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
RSVPini
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by RSVPini »

There's sun king familiar about those words.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

" Mi tio es enfermo, pero el carretera es verde!"
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

TheNewSaint wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:37 pm " Mi tio es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!"
Fixed it for you. It must have been a while since you last played 47-Man Squamish. I was a Full-Frummert for my college team.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

OMG!!! Squamish!! I haven't watched that since I was .............(fill in the blank as you wish!)
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:53 am
TheNewSaint wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:37 pm " Mi tio es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!"
Fixed it for you. It must have been a while since you last played 47-Man Squamish. I was a Full-Frummert for my college team.
Was that actually in any recognized language?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Try to get the name of our national game right. It's 43 man Squamish. I have no idea how you dredged up four more players. Doubling up on the Deep Brooders?

It's named after a town just north of Vancouver;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squamish, ... h_Columbia

The motto means, in English;
My uncle is sick, but the highway is green!
Possibly the only game more violent than Irish hurling. I used to play Shallow Brooder, a lot safer than being an Overblat.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I was a Right Inside Grouch. Unfortunately, I received a lifetime ban for sportsmanlike conduct. I played 2-man for awhile, but i got tired of winning all the time.

Somehow, I knew Quatloos would have a lot of former Squamish players.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Indeed, it was the key to my later success in life. Relentless hostility and rules so complex, convoluted, arbitrary, and unintelligible that no human being could comprehend them or follow even their basic principles with any certainty. Perfect training for my career as an income tax auditor.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:14 am
Try to get the name of our national game right. It's 43 man Squamish. I have no idea how you dredged up four more players. Doubling up on the Deep Brooders?

We tried a variation, in which four Eighth-Frummerts ran naked around the Flutney, cheering us on in pidgin Romanian, and touching the Pritz only with their Demi-Frullips.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
nancydrew
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by nancydrew »

All the attorneys in this group will appreciate April “schooling” you about the law!

https://youtu.be/_1qAs45xEHE
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:16 pm Indeed, it was the key to my later success in life. Relentless hostility and rules so complex, convoluted, arbitrary, and unintelligible that no human being could comprehend them or follow even their basic principles with any certainty. Perfect training for my career as an income tax auditor.
You have completely lost me. It sounds amazing, but you could as well be talking about Brockian Ultra Cricket.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:59 am
Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:16 pm Indeed, it was the key to my later success in life. Relentless hostility and rules so complex, convoluted, arbitrary, and unintelligible that no human being could comprehend them or follow even their basic principles with any certainty. Perfect training for my career as an income tax auditor.
You have completely lost me. It sounds amazing, but you could as well be talking about Brockian Ultra Cricket.
he's sitting in a dimly lit bar.............blues guitarist strumming in the background............the sound of pool balls colliding to the right...........