Dwayne Arthur Mallett loses his Moor-ings

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

KickahaOta
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Dwayne Arthur Mallett loses his Moor-ings

Post by KickahaOta »

Dawane Arthur Mallett has discovered his fantastic heritage as a "Moorish American". Tragically, there are insurmountable barriers to his full exercise of that heritage -- specifically the numerous sturdy and pointy barriers of Florence ADMAX USP, where he is currently scheduled to reside until 2069. He demanded his "divine inherent birthright to ex-patriate and re-patriate" to the United Kingdom. The Tenth Circuit was unenthused. Full opinion here; the version below is slightly edited to remove some boilerplate and citations.

-----

Dawane Arthur Mallett, a federal prisoner proceeding pro se, appeals from an order of the district court dismissing his 28 U.S.C. § 2241 habeas corpus petition as frivolous. Exercising jurisdiction pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1291, this court affirms the district court’s order of dismissal.

In 2003, Mallett “was convicted of two counts of aiding and abetting interference with commerce by robbery, in violation of 18 U .S.C. § 1951(a)(2); two counts of use of a firearm, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 924(c); one count of aiding and abetting armed bank burglary and kidnapping, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2113(a), (d) and (e); and one count of aiding and abetting carjacking a vehicle that has been transported in interstate commerce, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2119.” He was sentenced to 654 months in federal prison. The Ninth Circuit affirmed. Mallett eventually filed the instant § 2241 petition in district court asserting a right to be immediately released and deported to the United Kingdom pursuant to the provisions of 8 U.S.C. § 1536(a)(3) and 8 U.S.C. § 1537(a)(1)-(2). In support of his asserted entitlement to immediate release, Mallett claimed that as a “Moorish American,” he had a “divine inherent birthright to ex-patriate and re-patriate at any time.” But see Carroll v. Moorehead, 710 F. App’x 346, 347 (10th Cir. 2018) (collecting cases for the proposition that claims “Moorish American Nationals” are entitled to special legal rights are legally frivolous). Attached to Mallett’s petition was an “Oath of Office Appointment Affidavit,” with a signature on the part of Mallett described as “Signature of Major President United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland,” and the purported signature of “Queen Elisebeth [sic], Queen of England.” The district court concluded Mallett’s allegations were “delusional and factually frivolous” and that his claim rested on “an indisputedly meritless legal theory.”

The district court’s conclusion that Mallett’s § 2241 petition is frivolous is indisputably correct and Mallett’s flimsy appellate arguments to the contrary are utterly frivolous. Accordingly, for exactly those reasons set out by the district court, this court AFFIRMS the district court’s order of dismissal. Furthermore, because Mallett has failed to make a reasoned, nonfrivolous argument on appeal, we DENY his motion to proceed on appeal in forma pauperis and order him to remit the full appellate filing fee forthwith.
Siegfried Shrink

Re: Dwayne Arthur Mallett loses his Moor-ings

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

order him to remit the full appellate filing fee forthwith.
Isn't that going to be a bit tricky if he is banged up for 50 more years?
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Incarcerated until 2069.

That gives him over 50 years to clog up the court system with multiple spurious, frivolous filings.

He also has time to stop being a Moor and switch to sovereign citizen, indigenous person of North America, descendant of persons kidnapped from Africa, and whatever is the current "I m not an American citizen" whimsy de jour.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm still trying to figure out why he thinks Great Britain would want him. Hopefully he'll make the friv list and get shut down. I'm Kind of curious about how he ended up at SuperMax on those charges. Maybe his endearing personality.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Doesn't the failure to pay ordered filing fees block him from subsequent filing until he pays up?
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

LaVidaRoja wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:11 pm Doesn't the failure to pay ordered filing fees block him from subsequent filing until he pays up?
Not unless the court in question gets fed up enough to issue an order to that effect. Normally the court just gets a cut of whatever happens to make its way into the inmate's prison account through gifts or work assignments or whatever. It's a delicate balance; people with genuine grievances shouldn't be cut off from the courts because they can't pay, but at some point frivolous litigants have to be controlled.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

By the way, the original district court application... petition... demand... whatever the heck it is, is on RECAP at https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 53.3.0.pdf.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:26 pm
order him to remit the full appellate filing fee forthwith.
Isn't that going to be a bit tricky if he is banged up for 50 more years?
He can't have any commissary until its paid, that might be the worst part of being in most prisons, but Florence is special, so it's gonna suck, but it's barely gonna be top ten there.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Flup
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Flup »

Interesting that the Florence ADX inmates' handbook has this to say about sovcit activities (page 6):
LIENS:

You are prohibited from obtaining or possessing Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Financing Statement (lien) and attendant forms, documents, and materials. You are further prohibited from possession any documents, letters, papers, etc., that contain personal information, including but not limited to Bureau of Prisons' staff, United States Attorneys, Assistant United States Attorney, judges, governors, and agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Drug Enforcement Agency, and Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms. [...]
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Here's his habeas corpus petition demanding that his divine inherent birthright as a Moorish American be respected;

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 53.3.0.pdf

A touch confusing. He wants to be sent to the United Kingdom but, while the application was filed in 2017, he wants his extradition made effective as of 1980 when the Queen apparently witnessed his loyalty oath to the UK.

He's also appointed himself to the position of Major President (which makes him "Head of the State of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland") and head of the King's Bench court in Los Angeles county.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent

Good point. I'm still trying to figure out what the UK did to him that he wants to be "repatriated" back there, or why they would want him back. of course, I think it is a whole lot simpler than that, I really don't think he really, or even comes close, to understanding what those big words really mean,
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:58 pm Good point. I'm still trying to figure out what the UK did to him that he wants to be "repatriated" back there, or why they would want him back. of course, I think it is a whole lot simpler than that, I really don't think he really, or even comes close, to understanding what those big words really mean,
Maybe he thinks it's the same as "decapitated"?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Repatriated as in: I want British citizenship, but still live in the USA as a free, entitled Moor.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

That's good. We dont't really need any more moors over here.

We already have Dartmoor, Bodmin Moor and Exmoor taking up a lot of the West Country.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:33 pm….We dont't really need any more moors over here......
…..Moor or less....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Famspear wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:58 pm
Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:33 pm….We dont't really need any more moors over here......
…..Moor or less....
You are found guilty of excessive punnery ... [ gavel sound ]. The fine is set at fifty Quatloos, or a fifth of reposada tequila and four laying hens. Pay the clerk on the way out. :snicker:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Judge Roy Bean wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:41 pmYou are found guilty of excessive punnery ... [ gavel sound ]. The fine is set at fifty Quatloos, or a fifth of reposada tequila and four laying hens. Pay the clerk on the way out. :snicker:
:P

To quote uhmm……. well, to quote myself, actually...…:

Oh, the pain that might come with bad punnery
Would be better than life in a nunnery!
Spending years with those girls
Without kissing their curls?
-- That would hardly be very much funnery!

--from May 9, 2013
http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... =51&t=8369

:Axe:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

This thread seems to have slipped its moorings.
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
notorial dissent

But I'm sure there is moor to come.