Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock a sovereign?

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock a sovereign?

Post by Burnaby49 »

The evidence is starting to point that way.
In a handwritten statement, one woman says she sat near Paddock in a diner just a few days before the shooting, while out with her son. She said she heard him and a companion discussing the 25th anniversary of the Ruby Ridge standoff and the Waco siege. (Each of these incidents became touchstones for a rising anti-government militia movement in the 1990s.)

She says she heard him and his companion saying that courtroom flags with golden fringes are not real flags. The belief that gold-fringed flags are those of a foreign jurisdiction, or “admiralty flags”, is characteristic of so-called “sovereign citizens”, who believe, among other things, that the current US government, and its laws, are illegitimate.
Another man, himself currently in jail, says he met Paddock three weeks before the shooting for an abortive firearms transaction, in the carpark of a Bass Pro Shop. The man was selling schematic diagrams for an auto sear, a device that would convert semi-automatic weapons to full automatic fire. Paddock asked him to make the device for him, and the man refused.

At this point Paddock launched into a rant about “anti-government stuff … Fema camps”. Paddock said that the evacuation of people by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (Fema) after Hurricane Katrina was a a “dry run for law enforcement and military to start kickin’ down doors and ... confiscating guns”.

“Somebody has to wake up the American public and get them to arm themselves,” the man says Paddock told him. “Sometimes sacrifices have to be made.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -explained
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Re: Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock a sovereign?

Post by AndyK »

Sovereign or not, it appears that he carefully studied (and attempted to emulate) Columbine.

[rant \on]Perhaps it's time to revisit the restrictions on "cruel and unusual punishment" in response to cruel and unusual crimes.

How about ripping off one of his fingers for each person he killed -- and televising it. Perhaps something lie that would discourage others from emulating him.

[rant \off]
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Blackbeard
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Blackbeard »

I'm surprised there isn't a lot more violence from the sov'runs. I mean, if they really believe all this crap about the government is illegitimate and people enslaved, wouldn't you think they'd declare war? Ok maybe not the lotus-eaters at i-uv.com but the ordinary garden variety you're-not-the-boss-of-me sov'runs.
And ye shall know the idiots by their red-stained thumbs.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Most of them thankfully are all talk and no action. The greater majority of than are effectively LARPers.

The truly functionally violent are thankfully few and far between.

From what the news paper reported, the shooter's family has a long history of violence, and I would suspect serious mental health issues as well. I think this was a case of a violent incident waiting to happen, who also happened to be a sovcit.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.