Man Charged, Claimed He Was Exempt from DOT

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Man Charged, Claimed He Was Exempt from DOT

Post by Number Six »

A weird one, someone spent too much time on the crazy sovereign sites, kids on board too.

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/local/ ... 051182.php
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Man Charged, Claimed He Was Exempt from DOT

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

For hundreds more or less the same, try a search for Sovereign citizens exposed compilation, this one is pretty typical, some have more or less 'travelling' sovs. Few end well for the sovs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqE_hgKbH8I
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Quatloos not available using a US VPN address. Stamford Advocate not available with an EU IP address. So here's the story for those who can't read it:
STAMFORD — A 38-year-old Stamford man was hit with a slew of motor vehicle-related charges after he was pulled over for having a handwritten sign in the back window of his car claiming he was “DOT exempt.”

Julius Lane of Lafayette Street was pulled over on the corner of Franklin and Broad Streets around 8:30 p.m. July 3. He allegedly told officers he didn’t have to stop for police and his car doesn’t need to be registered or insured because he wasn’t driving it. He said he was “just traveling.”

Lane then refused to cooperate with the officers, they said and had to pry his car door open. They searched the car, where four children were passengers, and found a pellet gun. The vehicle was towed from the scene.

Lane was charged with illegal possession of a weapon in a motor vehicle, improper use of a marker, operating an unregistered vehicle, operating without a license, failure to insure and interfering with an officer.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Blackbeard
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Blackbeard »

The ability of sovereigns to turn a ticket into multiple felonies never fails to put a smile on my face.
And ye shall know the idiots by their red-stained thumbs.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:04 pm For hundreds more or less the same, try a search for Sovereign citizens exposed compilation, this one is pretty typical, some have more or less 'travelling' sovs. Few end well for the sovs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqE_hgKbH8I
That starts with one of my favourites, where the cop pops his window, punches it out and takes the keys out of the ignition in one move.
Try using proxy sites for the US to access info. Since the GDPR changes a lot of US sites are blocked, I frequently have to use a proxy to view news outlets in particular.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:09 pm Try using proxy sites for the US to access info. Since the GDPR changes a lot of US sites are blocked, I frequently have to use a proxy to view news outlets in particular.
I set my VPN provider to New Zealand :D
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Whenever I catch one of those 'not for your region things I use Tor browser. Although it is rarely anything of note, I just don't like the blocks, nust be a bit of sovcit in me.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:38 pm Quatloos not available using a US VPN address. Stamford Advocate not available with an EU IP address. So here's the story for those who can't read it:
STAMFORD — A 38-year-old Stamford man was hit with a slew of motor vehicle-related charges after he was pulled over for having a handwritten sign in the back window of his car claiming he was “DOT exempt.”

Julius Lane of Lafayette Street was pulled over on the corner of Franklin and Broad Streets around 8:30 p.m. July 3. He allegedly told officers he didn’t have to stop for police and his car doesn’t need to be registered or insured because he wasn’t driving it. He said he was “just traveling.”

Lane then refused to cooperate with the officers, they said and had to pry his car door open. They searched the car, where four children were passengers, and found a pellet gun. The vehicle was towed from the scene.

Lane was charged with illegal possession of a weapon in a motor vehicle, improper use of a marker, operating an unregistered vehicle, operating without a license, failure to insure and interfering with an officer.
I worked in Stamford for many years a while back so am very familiar with the area. A poor section, a very high end corporate HQ section and a lot of very rich residents on the north end of town. With the combination of corporate, rich and poor, the Stamford PD is a big suburban/urban police force. Zero tolerance for sovcit crap. Professional but omnipresent and detail oriented.

Also, many of the cop cars have automated plate readers, and if the Stamford department is like others in the NYC burbs, officers don't have discretion on plate violations. They have to pull over anyone that triggers an alarm.

So if this bozo puts up a fake plate in Stamford, the life span of that attempt at freedumb can be measured in minutes. It is not like some rural area when people probably catch a break because there are fewer cops and no overtime budget like the one that would give a cop in a rich suburban department the incentive to write up all the paperwork for an arrest. A rural cop would get yelled at for burning 3 hours of overtime to prosecute an offense that might yield $200 in fines in Arkansas. In Connecticut, getting busted for license, registration and insurance is going to be VERY expensive, even without the guns and obstructing charges. A normal person getting busted for license, registration and insurance in Connecticut is looking at perhaps $2,000 in fines, towing and storage for the seized car, plus multiple trips to court and maybe even jail.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I'll be willing to wager that this guy will up the negative impact on his life by appearing in court "under special ministerial privilege", or some such rubbish, and "refuse the court's offer to contract with him, nunc pro bunk, pizza pizza..." or something along that line, and invoke the UCC for good measure.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Any charges for driving an uninsured vehicle with minors in it?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

I have no doubt that this is going to be very painful for the numbskull, it looks like he lived in the Bronx previously: https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/result ... CT&rid=0x0

Probably the judge will require some type of psychological evaluation to nail down the type of crazy he is dealing with in his court. Without a plate, people like that get reported quite a bit, and I would guess that the pullover was a result of an alarmed driver's tip. I doubt he has been racking up many miles like that as these jokers stand out. The law's judgments should get him to sober up quickly hopefully dropping the ruse. Personally I find the sadistic punishment of crazy people to be wrong; they should be treated as children, not dumped on with a ton of bricks. And there are enough cops around here to "be on the lookout, calling all cars" if he tried it again. That's why progressive penalties make a lot of sense; especially when you have the real threats driving around without insurance, drunk, strung out on drugs, or illegals as we have seen hitting people in crosswalks then driving from the scene of accidents.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Number Six wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:10 pm Probably the judge will require some type of psychological evaluation to nail down the type of crazy he is dealing with in his court. Without a plate, people like that get reported quite a bit, and I would guess that the pullover was a result of an alarmed driver's tip. I doubt he has been racking up many miles like that as these jokers stand out. The law's judgments should get him to sober up quickly hopefully dropping the ruse. Personally I find the sadistic punishment of crazy people to be wrong.
Agree that we should not be cruel to the mentally ill. However, I suspect that the court will not be all that proactive about a mental health exam for this guy. Remember, this is a relatively minor case. Unless the guy acts schizophrenically deranged in court, they will try to avoid wasting the money and time on an exam. And the issue is not whether the guy has a real mental illness or whether he is simply capable of understanding the charges and assisting in his defense. That's a much lower standard.
AnOwlCalledSage

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:47 pm Agree that we should not be cruel to the mentally ill.
I'm acutely aware that if I had to describe my beliefs as a Catholic, I would probably fail a psych exam! :lol:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The problem I see, and have with it, is that a great many of them insist on driving, poorly, with no license and insurance and then when they inevitably hurt someone the someone is left holding the bag with property damages and possible health damages. Losing your car to damages or accrued hospital charges or physical harm is not harmless.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Blackbeard
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Blackbeard »

Number Six wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:10 pm
Probably the judge will require some type of psychological evaluation to nail down the type of crazy he is dealing with in his court.
I don't think the right-to-travel types are crazy. They may be off-the-scale gullible, or just dupes, but they're in the same class as folks who believe in astrology, psychics, etc. the only difference is that believing in that stuff doesn't get you in trouble with the law. You just blow your rent checks on 1-900 calls.
And ye shall know the idiots by their red-stained thumbs.
notorial dissent

They've not crazy, at least not most of them, but they do subscribe to an alternative reality. The fact that their alternative reality says it is alright to break/ignore the law on traffic doesn't make them any less dangerous than the ones who favor human sacrifice and other charming "personal beliefs" and they should be treated as such. Sovcits are a legal nuisance to the courts, particularly traffic courts, bat ignoring them or letting them slide just adds to ultimate expense and only encourages them to ever worse behaviors.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

The kindest thing to say of some of them, for example the "schwarmers" who are easily deceived is they are confused. But then you have the truly warped ringleaders of whom Hendrickson is a textbook example; in the dictionary listing for @$$**** there should be a picture of him on what to look for.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"Coos County" is correct. It's in northern New Hampshire.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

This man is not a psychiatric case and I do not favor any sort of suggestion that he might be entitled to mitigation because of diminished capacity. He is simply a typical Sovtard, distinguished only by the fact that he is still insisting on typical Sovtard mythology right into court and possibly into jail, whereas many others, once they are arrested, have sufficient sense to shut up and minimize their punishment.
notorial dissent

There used to be a sovtard fascination with a type of license issued by the DOT that they thought was some sort of magic pill to not have to get a state license. I haven't heard that one in quite a while and that's what I thought this was to begin with.