https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/busi ... crime.html

Some old friends of ours mentioned.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: New York Times on the Sovereign Citizen Movement

Post by Famspear »

Melissa Morton was released from prison on schedule, on May 16, 2019.

Sean David Morton is scheduled for release on November 8, 2022.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Famspear wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:03 am Melissa Morton was released from prison on schedule, on May 16, 2019.

Sean David Morton is scheduled for release on November 8, 2022.
At which point they will undoubtedly continue on their scamming career. Not that they have stopped as far as I can tell.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Manny
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Manny »

Ah; sovereign citizens. I've researched the movement and conclude that these folks suffer from a terminal case of cheap ass. They want others to pay so they can do and have whatever they want. How nice.

Now, I'm the first to say that our tax dollars are improperly spent and the international banking community gets a big piece of the action. But I pay my taxes. Although I no longer consider myself an American, I realize that everyone must pay the "vig".
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The motto of the sovereign citizen can be spoken in the tones of a petulant eight-year-old: "I doan' wanna DO that, an' you can't MAKE me! It's a free country!"

When I was a kid, I got those lines from a girl my age who was harassing me. I was tempted to take the cup of water that I was drinking and dump it over her head, reminding her that "it's a free country"; but back then, parents always took the sides of girls in those matters -- we boys were supposed to "just walk away and ignore her," or something. The girls knew that, and took full advantage of their immunity.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
lurker9000
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by lurker9000 »

Manny wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:23 pm Now, I'm the first to say that our tax dollars are improperly spent and the international banking community gets a big piece of the action. But I pay my taxes. Although I no longer consider myself an American, I realize that everyone must pay the "vig".
Manny, I'm curious have you checked your state or federal budget? On the federal side far more money goes to mandatory and defense spending than anywhere else. I'm posting this because I think it is a worth while discussion to ask how our government spends our tax dollars but to have that discussion we really need to start with accurate information on how or tax dollars were spent. There are a lot of misconceptions out there about how the government spends money.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

lurker9000 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:42 pm There are a lot of misconceptions out there about how the government spends money.
Hookers & Blow?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Manny
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Manny »

lurker9000 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:42 pm
Manny wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:23 pm Now, I'm the first to say that our tax dollars are improperly spent and the international banking community gets a big piece of the action. But I pay my taxes. Although I no longer consider myself an American, I realize that everyone must pay the "vig".
Manny, I'm curious have you checked your state or federal budget? On the federal side far more money goes to mandatory and defense spending than anywhere else. I'm posting this because I think it is a worth while discussion to ask how our government spends our tax dollars but to have that discussion we really need to start with accurate information on how or tax dollars were spent. There are a lot of misconceptions out there about how the government spends money.
Please consider that porkbarreling stuff. Should be illegal but too many people profit from it. Then there's the vig. EVERYBODY pays a vig. International Banking is at the top and never suffers a loss. Much more than 50% of your tax dollar is wasted. What a country!
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Much more than 50% of your tax dollar is wasted.
Even if true, this does not really matter. That wasted money goes back into the economy and pays wages and food bills for the people even if what they produce is way overpriced and more or ess useless. It's part of what makes war affordable, although the entire production is effectively thrown away and destroyed, the economy can boom.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Its not even close to true. And modern banking is the mechanism that allows for economic growth.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Manny wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:38 pm Please consider that porkbarreling stuff. Should be illegal but too many people profit from it. Then there's the vig. EVERYBODY pays a vig. International Banking is at the top and never suffers a loss. Much more than 50% of your tax dollar is wasted. What a country!
Manny

Instead of just spewing, how about posting some facts to back up your statements?
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Manny
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Manny »

AndyK wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:33 pm
Manny wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:38 pm Please consider that porkbarreling stuff. Should be illegal but too many people profit from it. Then there's the vig. EVERYBODY pays a vig. International Banking is at the top and never suffers a loss. Much more than 50% of your tax dollar is wasted. What a country!
Manny

Instead of just spewing, how about posting some facts to back up your statements?
Ah, the spew factor. Here goes...

When most people on the planet are suffering and not doing well at all, there's one group that continues to profit. That group also determines international policy for individual countries. Henry Kissinger is their messenger; I wonder what he told Trump when he went to see him in 2016! Why does the US put up with paying so much more than others for Rx drugs? Might that be due to international bankers? How about actually following the money like I did rather than listening to the spewing of others?

Just spewing, huh? I draw my conclusions by researching issues extensively before forming an opinion. Did you work for your Federal government or a bank?
Manny
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Manny »

Gregg wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:23 pm Its not even close to true. And modern banking is the mechanism that allows for economic growth.
WHO'S economic growth? Yours? Certainly not mine...
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Manny wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:23 pmone group that continues to profit ... determines international policy ... Henry Kissinger ... international bankers
Dogs and whistles? Nah, not from someone who awards himself an "asshole merit badge".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Manny wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:23 pm When most people on the planet are suffering and not doing well at all, there's one group that continues to profit. That group also determines international policy for individual countries. Henry Kissinger is their messenger; I wonder what he told Trump when he went to see him in 2016! Why does the US put up with paying so much more than others for Rx drugs? Might that be due to international bankers? How about actually following the money like I did rather than listening to the spewing of others?

Just spewing, huh? I draw my conclusions by researching issues extensively before forming an opinion. Did you work for your Federal government or a bank?
OMG! Its The Jooz again! IMO, Manny is coming close to the line of requiring moderation, or at least a bar of soap for his mouth.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Manny wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:24 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:23 pm Its not even close to true. And modern banking is the mechanism that allows for economic growth.
You're right, all that garbage I learned gettin' schooled about Economics was just brainwashing by the big bad ebil guv'met banksters!

What you obviously don't know about...well, pretty much everything, I could probably fit in the Grand Canyon. You're sure sound like you know phuckall about banking. But, sure, bring back the Gold Standard, hang the bankers from the lightposts on Wall Street and The CIty of London. Let the meek inherit the earth* and the stupid take over the world.
:beatinghorse:

I yawn in the general direction of your ignorance, now back up the senseless garbage you say or go find whatever took over for the Daily Stormer and leave the grownups alone.

*In fact I'm really totally okay with the meek winning the earth on the last episode. The meek are pretty easy to get along with and in general don't mind admitting their limitations. All in all they're good people and at least as adorable as baby otters eating carrots. Its the stupid that I can't get on with.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
morrand

Post by morrand »

Manny wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:23 pmI draw my conclusions by researching issues extensively before forming an opinion.
Excellent! As I like to do the same, I look forward to reviewing some of your research. Would you cite your sources, please?
---
Morrand
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

morrand wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:38 pm
Manny wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:23 pmI draw my conclusions by researching issues extensively before forming an opinion.
Excellent! As I like to do the same, I look forward to reviewing some of your research. Would you cite your sources, please?
Moi? Harvard College, London School of Economics, Xavier University, University of Michigan-Ross... but I'm guessing our learned friend has much better Youtubes on his CV.
Manny
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Manny »

Gregg wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:15 pm
Manny wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:24 pm
You're right, all that garbage I learned gettin' schooled about Economics was just brainwashing by the big bad ebil guv'met banksters!

What you obviously don't know about...well, pretty much everything, I could probably fit in the Grand Canyon. You're sure sound like you know phuckall about banking. But, sure, bring back the Gold Standard, hang the bankers from the lightposts on Wall Street and The CIty of London. Let the meek inherit the earth* and the stupid take over the world.
:beatinghorse:

I yawn in the general direction of your ignorance, now back up the senseless garbage you say or go find whatever took over for the Daily Stormer and leave the grownups alone.

*In fact I'm really totally okay with the meek winning the earth on the last episode. The meek are pretty easy to get along with and in general don't mind admitting their limitations. All in all they're good people and at least as adorable as baby otters eating carrots. Its the stupid that I can't get on with.
Those unable to discuss insult.
wserra

Post by wserra »

In your case, to quote is to insult.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume