SovCit Filings

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Sam.Barrows978
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

SovCit Filings

Post by Sam.Barrows978 »

Hello to all! I am a current law student, writing my Note for law review on (what else?) sovereign citizens and pseudolaw. The great Donald Netolitzky suggested I reach out to you fine folks to help crowdsource some information. I'm trying to put together an American equivalent to Meads v. Meads, that is, a list of pseudolegal indicia. I've got a list of all the hits-- accepted for value stamps, unusual:name-typography, references to the Magna Carta and UNIDROIT, red thumbprints, and so on. What I'm looking for right now is primary sources for much of this stuff: actual filings using SovCit tactics, or American judicial opinions describing them. I have some-- a few-- but more are always helpful. Trying to get my citations on point! I'll keep looking, but if anyone has any classic SovCit filings saved, I would be very grateful if you could share them. The goal of this project is to put a resource in the hands of judges, so when John-of-the-family-Smith submits a fee schedule for two trillion dollars to a family court judge, that poor judge has some idea of what (s)he's dealing with.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: SovCit Filings

Post by wserra »

Hi, Sam. Welcome to Q.

There are literally hundreds of links to "actual filings using SovCit tactics" throughout this board. Just one poster here - me - has a dropbox with [quick check] about 500 files, links to which are here.

Pick some numbnuts who interests you and start looking.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Welcome aboard, Sam!

You can also venture onto sites such as David Merrill's Saving to Suitors, where just about any delusional hypothesis there is can be found, with fervent acolytes aplenty who can supply you with their (ahahaha) magic words that repel the minions of the ebil gummint. A review of Quatloos topics can also point you to some particularly (unintentionally) humorous Facebook sites.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Back in 1995 I posted (first on Militia Watchdog, then it was moved to the ADL, now it is carried - without my cooperation - on a couple of more obscure websites) "Idiot Legal Arguments", which may be useful to you.

Since then I have been revising/expanding that compilation and I am still hoping someone will help me find a website that will post it (it is now a Very bulky document). Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Sam.Barrows978
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by Sam.Barrows978 »

Thank you! This is all very helpful. Fortinbras, if you are willing to share that document, I would love to look at it (and I will properly credit you if I cite it, of course!)
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Here's a link to my dropbox file, under "SovCit Abyss" you'll find the cornucopia of SovCit stuff I have collected over the last decade of keeping my eye on them. Motions, court filings, transcripts, ect.

I take no responsibility for any insanity that may come from staring into the abyss...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tdt5cg97zprk ... bY5Ra?dl=0
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

fortinbras wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:06 am Back in 1995 I posted (first on Militia Watchdog, then it was moved to the ADL, now it is carried - without my cooperation - on a couple of more obscure websites) "Idiot Legal Arguments", which may be useful to you.
A very fine document, which was of great use to me the one time I had to deal with a sovereign in an actual court case.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:22 pm
fortinbras wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:06 am Back in 1995 I posted (first on Militia Watchdog, then it was moved to the ADL, now it is carried - without my cooperation - on a couple of more obscure websites) "Idiot Legal Arguments", which may be useful to you.
A very fine document, which was of great use to me the one time I had to deal with a sovereign in an actual court case.
When I have to deal with an actual sovereign nutsac I find a taser is of greater use than any documents.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Here is a pirated pdf of the 1995 edition of "Idiot Legal Arguments":

https://judicialmisconduct.us/drupal/ ... ents.pdf

I am insufferably pleased to say that it's been cited or quoted in a half-dozen court decisions and about twenty law review articles and books.

The revision is still a work-in-progress. It's about four times the bulk of the original and I am trying to break up many many paragraphs that run for more than a full page.
Sam.Barrows978
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by Sam.Barrows978 »

This is all very helpful, thank you!
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Sam.Barrows978 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:30 am This is all very helpful, thank you!
We look forward to reading your article!
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools