Ammon Bundy - Quarantine Buster

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

The Observer
Further Moderator

Ammon Bundy - Quarantine Buster

Post by The Observer »

Ammon Bundy has turned up in Idaho, helping to organize resistance to the current state policy of shutdown. He has picked the best spot in the state to do it: the area around Coeur d'Alene which has a large population of sovrun citizens and tax deniers. Ammon sees the shutdown as violating our personal freedom and he is again touting physical resistance and violence if the government does not back off:
Ammon Bundy wrote:“If it gets bad enough, and our rights are infringed upon enough, we can physically stand in defense in whatever way we need to...”
In order to encourage people to participate in Easter worship services that he is hoping to organize, Ammon said:
We will form a legal defense for you. We will perform an active political defense for you. And we will also, if necessary, provide a physical defense for you, so that you can continue in your rights.
And to show that he doesn't really care about the possible impact of spreading the virus, Ammon said he hopes he catches it.

Read it all here.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Re: Ammon Bundy - Quarantine Buster

Post by AndyK »

The Observer wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:11 pm
Ammon Bundy wrote:“... hopes he catches it ...”
From his lips to God's ears.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

He is an older man, and may not fair so well if he does get it. In that way, this whole thing may self resolve. I just fear the idiots that follow him and spread this thing.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Don't I remember something about them being anti-vaxers as well?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

As before, the Bundys are willing to incite their own sympathizers to put themselves in harm's way.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Problem might solve itself. Bundy has said that he wants to catch the virus right away.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:12 am Problem might solve itself. Bundy has said that he wants to catch the virus right away.

He's just not trying hard enough.
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

notorial dissent wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:12 pm Don't I remember something about them being anti-vaxers as well?
The Bundy's support any cause that might get them in the news. Despite ranging only from dead wrong to complete failure in their views and endeavors they are still the closest thing to a success story the SovCit "community" has. Anytime they get themselves on the news the same group of morons will break open their piggy banks and trip over each other to hand over their meager savings to the cause of "The Bundy's getting someone ELSE (the most important part) shot and killed or losing everything in order to accomplish nothing" because after all they WON! Once....kinda...if you squint...
Build a man a fire you warm him for the night, light a man on fire and you warm him the rest of his life.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
TBL

Post by TBL »

This seems like a minor blip in the legal lunacy of the Bundys. I doubt that the arrest will turn into more than a slap on the wrist unless it violates some other probationary status.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Some local events regarding Ammon's latest activities:

https://missoulian.com/opinion/columnis ... ae3d7.html

And from https://helenair.com/news/state-and-reg ... addcc.html :
One of the landowners did reach out to the man who led an armed standoff with the federal government at an Oregon wildlife refuge in 2019. Ammon Bundy followed up with a blog post that claimed county and federal officials conspired with members of different groups to illegally acquire public access through private property in upper Hughes Creek.
This last item has been an ongoing local situation for the last 50 years and has been litigated a few times, including being appealed to the Montana State Supreme Court where the landholders lost. This is a classic fight over whether public lands take priority over private land interests. The landholders sit astride a county road that was originally constructed to facilitate access to a private mine many years ago. The land owners contend that the county abandoned the road after the mine closed and thus is not a road that anyone can use. The problem is that state law clearly states that the state and counties are obligated to keep roads and other access routes to public land in operation; such routes cannot be abandoned unless a new access route is established. The land owner's true issue is that they don't want hunters, fisherman, hikers, off-roaders and whoever else uses the public lands to go through their properties to get there. There have been accusations and cases of littering/dumping, abandonment of personal property, crimes, campfires left burning or smoldering, and the typical items that go with public access.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

We have exactly the same issue here in British Columbia. Douglas Lake Ranch is a huge cattle ranch in southern B.C. I believe it is the largest ranch in the world, including those insignificant little spreads in Texas. It's been owned by one American or another for years. The issue was two small lakes on the ranch, much used by local fishermen until the ranch owner shut them out in the 1980’s by closing the public access road that went through his private property. In British Columbia all lakes are public but the land around them can be private. So, is the ranch owner required to provide access to the lakes? A local fishing decided to sue the ranch to find out and won;
McGowan’s club took the Douglas Lake Cattle Company to court two years ago after the company in the 1990s blocked access to Stoney and Minnie lakes on the Douglas Lake Ranch near Merritt.
McGowan said the court’s decision is precedent-setting and will mean the people of B.C. have a right to access all public places in the province.

“Any body of water that has been raised naturally or artificially with a dam, this means that those landowners can’t say that because they flooded their private property you can’t go to the public lakes,” he said.

In a ruling posted Friday, B.C. Supreme Court Justice Joel Groves said the provincial government retained rights to the lakes, making the fish in the lakes public property. The ruling means the public has a right to access the lakes.
https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... nch-owners

The ranch owner had some fairly novel arguments apart from the access road issue. One was that he had enlarged the lake greatly after locking the fishermen out. So the lake was like a donut with the center part public property but a ring of the lake around it was his private property. Since he refused access across his part of the lake the public couldn’t use their part of the lake.

He also argued that they couldn’t fish anyhow because he’d stocked the lake with trout for his guests and they were his fish. Judge ruled a public lake has public fish no matter how they got there so if he wanted to stock it that was his business but the public could take them. Actually some nice fish in the lake, here’s one;

What the judge, and the people of B.C. found disgraceful about the province’s involvement in this is that it did nothing about the situation and even defended the ranch in the lawsuit. It even kept out when the RCMP were arresting people for trespass for taking a public road to go fishing on a public lake. I think since they had to stand on ranch property, the lake shore, to actually fish.
Groves had harsh words for the province, the second defendant in the case: “The province did not respond to this apparent unlawful act. Over 20 years, a privately held corporation, owning a large swath of land, prohibited the public from driving on the public road and the province did nothing.”

The government came in for even greater rebuke in a scathing epilogue to the decision—a rare document Groves presented in court after his ruling. In it, Groves writes that “it makes no sense to me that the Crown would retain ownership of the lakes, only for there to be no access.” He urges the province to re-examine its trespassing laws and “guarantee access to this precious public resource.”
Christopher Harvey, lawyer for the Nicola Valley club, says he hopes this ruling will spur the province to protect right of access to public lands. “It is the easiest thing in the world for a landowner to put up a private property sign and just lock a gate over a public road,” Harvey says. “Ninety-nine per cent of the public will assume it is private property.”

B.C.’s natural resources ministry says it’s reviewing the judgment before deciding its next steps, while a lawyer representing Kroenke’s company says it is considering all options, including appeal. Neither Kroenke nor ranch manager Gardner agreed to an interview.
As is often the case with billionaires losing lawsuits the decision has been appealed.

https://www.merrittherald.com/ranch-own ... cal-lakes/

This is actually a major issue which is why the silence on the part of the province is so puzzling. Can a private individual or company expropriate public resources for their personal use by, in effect, privatizing them? At the moment the answer is no.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:05 pm This is actually a major issue which is why the silence on the part of the province is so puzzling. Can a private individual or company expropriate public resources for their personal use by, in effect, privatizing them? At the moment the answer is no.
Uhhhh.... only applicable in BC, in Alberta the answer is it depends. Here, the body of water is public land, but getting to it may at certain times be an issue. Some historical background is required - the entire province is divided up into blocks exactly one mile square known as sections - the Alberta Township System. Sections are bounded by road allowances one chain wide. Some of the allowances have actual roads on them, many don't. Adjacent landowners have the right to buy or lease undeveloped or hardly used allowances. If the lease purpose is for grazing, foot or horse traffic is allowed, but no vehicles. If the lease allowance is used for forestry or resource extraction it can become a private road. Standard problem during hunting season around here to keep the constabulary busy resolving these disputes.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I was only referring to B.C. As the first sentence of my posting said;
We have exactly the same issue here in British Columbia.
It's irrelevant to me how other provinces, including Alberta, handle the issue.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Ammon is once again in the news, building on the COVID-19 panic/fear by exanding his People Rights organization.

True to the sovrun movement, he's got them chanting some of the old slogans, such as "Show us the law!" as well as some new ones ("Let Grandma out!"). He has bragged about getting 50,000 followers across 35 states, but that seems rather anemic in terms of having any real impact on national politics. Still, this is a guy who was allowed by the government through mismanagement and prosecutorial corruption to win a couple of standoffs when he should have been easily silenced long ago. So now he is leading protests and confrontations against quarantines, police officers and even health board meetings - even though these have led to him being arrested twice. And these activities are teaching Bundy and his followers that they are getting results and publicity that help bring in more members and support.

It remains to be seen if this snowballs any further or if his movement peters out, especially if the pandemic continues to weaken across the nation.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And another article on Bundy's grandstand performance:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ammon ... uxbndlbing

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And for your further edification and amusement, Ammo appeared as a character witness for GIL at his disbarment hearing.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I'm sorry, but when they bring you in for not showing up for your trial, I'd think that pre-trial release bond is now gonna buy ebil government deep state stuff and he's gonna sit in a cell until his (now delayed for 9 months) trial.

Just me.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.