Rise of the Moors Results In Arrests

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

The Observer
Further Moderator

Rise of the Moors Results In Arrests

Post by The Observer »

Some people apparently identifying themselves in alignment with the Moor movement decided to stand out on I-95 with long guns at 2AM.

And here are the money quotes from the article:
At least some of the suspects were clad in military-style gear with long guns and pistols, Mason said. He added that they were headed to Maine from Rhode Island for “training.”
He [LEO spokesperson] said he understood the suspects, who did not have firearms licenses, have a different perspective on the law.

“I appreciate that perspective,” he said “I disagree with that perspective at the end of the day, but I recognize that it’s there.”
The men refused to put down their weapons or comply with authorities' orders, claiming to be from a group “that does not recognize our laws" before taking off into a wooded area, police said.
The men refused to put down their weapons or comply with authorities' orders, claiming to be from a group “that does not recognize our laws" before taking off into a wooded area, police said.
“We are not antigovernment. We are not anti-police, we are not sovereign citizens, we’re not Black identity extremists,” said the man who appeared to be wearing military-style equipment. “As specified multiple times to the police that we are abiding by the peaceful journey laws of the United States.”
The website for the group says they are “Moorish Americans dedicated to educating new Moors and influencing our Elders."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Rise of the Moors Results In Arrests

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm not really sure the Moors qualify as sovrun citizens, since most of the ones we see seem to some sort of fantasy gov't/hierarchy they rely on for their "authority". I guess the end result is usually the same though, arrest/ongoing legal problems with the real courts/jail/prison sentence.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I live about half an hour's drive south of where this all happened, and was following it on WBZ radio. As soon as the word "Moors" was mentioned, I knew that we had a new topic coming, here.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Yeah, just saw it on Demo's twitter feed.

Sorry, Observer, but you know the rules. It's a 500 Quatloos fine for starting a Moor topic without a Moor pun.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:11 pm Yeah, just saw it on Demo's twitter feed.

Sorry, Observer, but you know the rules. It's a 500 Quatloos fine for starting a Moor topic without a Moor pun.
500 Quats, moor or less.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Very narrowly avoided a mass casualty event.
notorial dissent

A bunch of heavily armed, fatigue wearing wannabe rambos claim to be a militia show up in the middle of the night, what could possibly go wrong or disturb the local constabulary??? It sounds like they didn't have permits or probably properly licensed weapons, so like I say, what could possibly go wrong, and then to do it in MA, which as I recall has some serious and restrictive gun laws. Moor trouble in the offing for them suspect.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:57 pm
grixit wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:11 pm Yeah, just saw it on Demo's twitter feed.

500 Quats, moor or less.
"Moor than the greatest scam the world has known...."
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

It says there's no page there.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:32 pm I'm not really sure the Moors qualify as sovrun citizens, since most of the ones we see seem to some sort of fantasy gov't/hierarchy they rely on for their "authority"...
But I think that is exactly what sovrun citizens rely on. Either the sovrun movements believe that the county sheriff is the sole authority, that common law trumps federal judicial rulings and congressional legislation, or any other number of fantasy scenarios where somehow it justifies their criminal behavior.

The Rise of the Moors are no different. They claimed they were observing the "peaceful journey laws" which to my mind suggests a radical and irrelevant interpretation of some obscure law that they felt gave them right to stand around on a federal interstate and brandish weapons. Looking at their website, they have some reference to why the 14th Amendment did not reverse the Dred Scott case but, as is typical for sovruns dealing with tech, the link goes nowhere. The site also sells a $30 package called "Are You Confused About The Law?" I have no doubt that there is a lot of sovrun garbage lifted from some other sovrun site that is filtered through the lens of Moor beliefs and recycled for their own personal consumption.

Of course the RotM deny they are sovrun citizens and dedicate part of a webpage about their history to a lengthy explanation of why they are not sovrun citizens. But it is filled with the modus operandi of the general sovrun movement. Lots of torturous definitions about the terms "Moor", "black", "nationality", and "sovereign", why some old letters of George Washington to the Sultan of Morocco and a treaty with that sultanate proves that Moors have dominion over the US, and, finally, how some civil law about property shows is the final nail proving their ownership of this country. None of this has any reality, reason, logic or legality which is just par for the course when surveying the typical thought process of any sovrun movement.

But the RotM wants to make sure that we understand one thing for sure; they don't pay taxes. And here is their reason why:
According to the common-law / constitutional-republic principles of no taxation without representation, Moors do not owe any duty, tax or obligation to the United States of America (Minor) because we are not represented within their body politic.

​Furthermore, it has been made known in the Diversified Metal Products Inc. v T-Bow Company Trust, Internal Revenue Service, and Steve Morgan (November 18th 1993), Civil number 93-405-E-EJL, case, that the IRS is not an agency of the United States government. According to the Constitution only congress can lay and collect taxes.

Moors nor any other nation of people will ever pay taxes to any government that does not represent them, nor do Moors or any other nation of people pay taxes to private agencies not congressionally sanctioned.
I am sure we recognize that garbage as just recirculated sovrun/TP nonsense that has been adjusted to fit in within the RotM philosophy.

In my viewpoint, the Moors have hit for the cycle and touched all the bases in meeting the "requirements" for being sovruns, regardless of their claims of not being in the sovrun movement. They may see being associated with the mainstream sovrun movement as some sort of submission or deference to white supremacists and are trying to paint themselves as apart from it as possible. But its a significance without a difference since they are still parroting the same basic discredited theories as other sovrun groups.
Last edited by The Observer on Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited typ

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

The gentleman mentioned in https://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewto ... 49&t=10179 never mentioned being a Moor but trotted out the Article III, Section II "Judge has to show his authorization" spiel which is another thing that the Moors yak about.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

This strikes me as yet another example of what might be called "alternative history as therapy". Instead of, for example, being simply John James Smith, working at a car wash and hating it, you can "discover" some "long lost history, rights, and privileges", and proclaim yourself to be His Excellency and Hereditary Inheritor of the land formerly known as the United States of America, Dr. Sir Pepparkakor Isvolichi Porcarajo Putainfils, Ph. D., J.D., M.B.A. (all degrees from diploma mills, his own or someone else's), of the Indigenous and Original Mxyzptlk Nation, who is entitled to immunity from all US and state laws because (insert wacko theory here). You can then swagger around, countuing the gold which is about to pour into your hands as ereparations for millennia of oppression, or something.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

the Indigenous and Original Mxyzptlk Nation
Obscure Superman reference noted.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
notorial dissent

The thing that jumped out at me off the video was that the chucklehead in chief was claiming they were there under their Moorish National flag, basically saying that they were an armed foreign militia on US soil. I can't personally take this as being an ignorable statement as far as the law is concerned.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

notorial dissent wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:58 aman armed foreign militia on US soil.
Given that the "armed foreign militia on US soil" is actually composed of U.S. citizens - who thus owe a duty of loyalty to the U.S. - that's pretty much the definition of seditious conspiracy.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

notorial dissent wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:32 pm I'm not really sure the Moors qualify as sovrun citizens, since most of the ones we see seem to some sort of fantasy gov't/hierarchy they rely on for their "authority". I guess the end result is usually the same though, arrest/ongoing legal problems with the real courts/jail/prison sentence.
Eh?
So the same thing as Tim Turner and RUSA which are sovereign citizens. Or Anna Von Reitz who also runs a fantasy government and falls in the same grouping.
notorial dissent

wserra wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:14 am
notorial dissent wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:58 aman armed foreign militia on US soil.
Given that the "armed foreign militia on US soil" is actually composed of U.S. citizens - who thus owe a duty of loyalty to the U.S. - that's pretty much the definition of seditious conspiracy.
My point exactly. My temptation is that as soon as that "National Flag", not a citizen nonsense, or whatever else they spout comes out of their mouths, call in the Feds and let them deal with it and see how they deal with it. I'd think spending some quality time as an invading foreign national would do them some good. I mean, if they want to play the game, let them play the game.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:43 pm My temptation is that as soon as that "National Flag", not a citizen nonsense, or whatever else they spout comes out of their mouths, call in the Feds and let them deal with it and see how they deal with it. I'd think spending some quality time as an invading foreign national would do them some good. I mean, if they want to play the game, let them play the game.
That has been my private suggestion to solve the problem of sovrun nonsense - just give them what they are really asking for. Withdraw all legal rights and protection under the law for any idiot who appears in court claiming that they are not subject to the law and/or not a citizen and proclaim them as outside of the law. And then publish their picture on the 'Net with the disclosure that named sovereign citizen is on his own and anyone wanting to rob him, destroy his property (if he has any), assault and even kill him can do so without worry of being prosecuted.

Sample dialogue:

Judge: Sir, are you aware of why you are appearing in this court? You are being charged with several violations of the law.

Sov: That is exactly why I should not be here, your honor. I am not a citizen under the United States of America. I am a sovereign citizen and those laws do not apply to me. I am a freeman and cannot be held or tried by a fictitious entity or corporation

Judge: So you are claiming to be sovereign and not under the laws of the US?

Sov: That is correct.

Judge: Can I get a sworn statement from you to that effect, that you are not under our laws and that no one can put you under the full effect and authority of these laws? That you will revoke any possible claim to being a citizen of the US and deny any effort of the US to view you as its citizen?

Sov: Yes, your honor. In fact I already have such a statement that is endorsed with my thumbprint in red ink.

Judge: Thank you, I congratulate you on reading up on common law and how to put this into effect. I am immediately ruling that you are not a citizen of the United States based on your affidavit, and as such are not subject to the laws of that entity, nor are you allowed to claim any right or protection of that entity as is provided to those who claim citizenship. Therefore, any attacks upon your person or property will not come under the protection guaranteed by the United States.

Sov: Thank, your hon- uh, wait a sec. Did you just say people could attack me?

Judge: Yes, I did, that is the ramification of my ruling. Any one can do this without fear of prosecution. Even the government of the US can do it, if they choose to.

Sov: Well, you can't do that. I have rights!

Judge: How can you have rights? You just affirmed that you did not want to be under the law and its authority, is that not correct?

Sov: But those are my God-given rights! It's in the Constitution!

Judge: Well, take it up with God then. And if you are talking about inalienable rights, then you are talking about the Declaration of Independence. That isn't law.

Sov: No, no, no! That bill of rights thing!

Judge: Well, I just explained you gave up being under the law. And the Constitution is the supreme law of this land. So you gave up all protections that you had under that.

Sov: But that wasn't what I was asking for!

Judge: Sounded like that was what you were exactly asking for. And now you have it. Have a nice day!