Rise of the Moors Results In Arrests

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Rise of the Moors Results In Arrests

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:19 pm ...ut when said foreigners come in/show up bearing what I assume are military grade or near military grade arms calling themselves an "armed militia" I would think that would tend to set off all kinds of alarm bells.

Or just anyone calling themselves "an armed militia" with weapons and claiming that they are not under the law? At that point, in my layman opinion, they have declared war and should be dealt with accordingly. After all, that is essentially the issue with groups like Posse Comitatus and the Montana Freemen. When such groups pop up and start showing off, that should be the time that the government accepts their claim that they are not under the law and proceed as though the US has been invaded/attacked.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

These idiots seem to view the Second Amendment as sort of a super-constitution, overriding all else. It reminds me of the way that UK sovruns view the Magna Carta.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:40 pm These idiots seem to view the Second Amendment as sort of a super-constitution, overriding all else. It reminds me of the way that UK sovruns view the Magna Carta.
A nation founded on armed insurrection is on slightly weak ground calling for loyalty :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Some more updates on the arrested RotMs:

(1) The arrests involved some hi-tech use of sound to temporarily stun some of of the RotMs who refused to disarm and submit to arrest.

(2) Apparently two of the RotMs were wanted on previous charges in Rhode Island.

(3) During the appearances in court, some of the RotMs indulged in typical sovrun behavior: refusing to identify themselves or claiming that the name they were being charged with was not their name; claimed to waive no rights and reserved all rights, yet refused a public defender; rejected the court having authority over them.

(4) The SPLC is identifying the RotMs as an anti-government group, but not a hate group. The RotMs have repeatedly claimed to not be an anti-government group.

(5) The leader of the group, a Quinn Cumberlander, had previously instructed the men in the travel group to not bring identification with them. Apparently he believed it would interfere with the plans they had that night while traveling.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:40 pm These idiots seem to view the Second Amendment as sort of a super-constitution, overriding all else. It reminds me of the way that UK sovruns view the Magna Carta.
Seems to be their motto. From the news articles above:
The defendants adamantly rejected the court’s authority, refusing the assistance of attorneys and insisting their rights as “foreign nationals” and “well-regulated” militia members — paired with protections from the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution — trumped Massachusetts’ gun laws.
Last edited by The Observer on Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed another poster's mistaken edit of this post.

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The sound thing is new, to me at least, nice idea.
That some of them had outstanding warrants, color me NOT shocked or surprised.
That they immediately fell back on sovcit jibber jabber, again no surprise.
I would certainly say they fit the definition of an "anti-government group" any way you slice or dice it.
Which come back to making me seriously wonder just exactly what "plans they had that night while traveling" ID would interfere with.
Haven't heard, are they still in jail or have they been bailed out?
Don't exactly strike me as the brightest lights in the sovcit marque.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm Haven't heard, are they still in jail or have they been bailed out?
I don't recall seeing anything about bail being set or if any were released, other than the minor who was released back to family. Given the fact that the two members who are wanted by Rhode Island have bail violations on their record, I imagine the probability of them getting bail is approaching zero. As for the others, they are probably doing everything possible to get bail denied with their antics in the courtroom. As one relative, apparently a non-Moor, put it: "If they only had cooperated with the court, they would be out by now." At this point, all I see are headlines saying that 6 of the men are being held without bail, based on last Friday's court hearing, and 4 more were to be in court last Tuesday. I have seen no updated stories as of today regarding bail being set or the men released.

notorial dissent

The Observer wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:11 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm Haven't heard, are they still in jail or have they been bailed out?
I don't recall seeing anything about bail being set or if any were released, other than the minor who was released back to family. Given the fact that the two members who are wanted by Rhode Island have bail violations on their record, I imagine the probability of them getting bail is approaching zero. As for the others, they are probably doing everything possible to get bail denied with their antics in the courtroom. As one relative, apparently a non-Moor, put it: "If they only had cooperated with the court, they would be out by now." At this point, all I see are headlines saying that 6 of the men are being held without bail, based on last Friday's court hearing, and 4 more were to be in court last Tuesday. I have seen no updated stories as of today regarding bail being set or the men released.
About what I expected. I have been sort of keeping an eye out. Armed to the teeth adults, skulking around in the dark in what amounts to military tactical gear, no ID, some of them with outstanding warrants, giving patently sovcit nonsense answers, claiming to be a militia of foreign nationals. Goes a long way to saying fine upstanding pillars of their community. NOT. I would imagine the trial is going to be an interesting circus.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Another article today focused on where the RotMers were heading and why. But they have so far refused to provide detailed answers on those issues, other than to say they were heading to Maine, somewhere around Bangor for "military training." A Facebook posting on their site showed people in military fatigues and carrying weapons while walking through the woods.

It turns out that the vehicles they were traveling in were not registered which is another typical sovrun tactic.

The article also references a previous occasion where one of the RotMers appeared in court over a complaint he filed against police over a speeding incident:
Then, there were the actions of Lesley Malave, who preferred to be known by his Moorish name of Moreeno Bey.

Malave, who was not involved in the Wakefield standoff, tied the court up in knots when he filed a complaint after his partner was pulled over for speeding in November 2019.

Citing the 1787 treaty, he accused the police of surrounding the car like “a pack of hyenas."

He presented his Moorish identification cards and signed and dated legal documents using the Moorish calendar — as well as the Gregorian one.

Leonard Kesten, the lawyer representing the police, remembers his encounter with the Rise of the Moors well.

“I had never heard of them. If you represent towns, cities, and police, you get some interesting cases,” he said.

“They were relying on the Constitution while saying they are not subject to our laws, which seems to be problematic. [Seems? It's downright problematic, no seems about it.]

“Then, there was the problem about the document filing fee.”

Instead of meeting the $400 demanded by the court, Malave offered a silver coin that he said was worth $913.

“He offered the coin, and the judge didn't want any part of it. He just went away, and it never went any further,” he recalled.
So, for using a Moorish calendar for dating pseudolegal documents, I give extra points for coming up with original nonsense. But I take away points for relying on the Constitution while at the same time claiming you are not under its authority and all other laws that flow from it.

And I wonder if that silver coin was a leftover Liberty Dollar from Von Nothaus.

notorial dissent

So they've now gone well passed sovcit trifecta of NO license/ID registration, and insurance,

along with

Armed to the teeth adults, skulking around in the dark in what amounts to military tactical gear, no ID, some of them with outstanding warrants, giving patently sovcit nonsense answers, claiming to be a militia of foreign nationals.

So would this be a sovcit royal flush??????
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:38 am So would this be a sovcit royal flush??????
I guess you have just invented SovCit Poker. The only problem is that no matter what hand one gets, it still loses.

notorial dissent

The Observer wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:57 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:38 am So would this be a sovcit royal flush??????
I guess you have just invented SovCit Poker. The only problem is that no matter what hand one gets, it still loses.
In a sense it is more like sovcit Fizzbin with the same inevitable result since they still make the rules up as they go a long.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

But it does give terms like "flush" and "flop" whole new meanings.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

The Observer wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:34 am And I wonder if that silver coin was a leftover Liberty Dollar from Von Nothaus.
Have to have something to pay the ferryman.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:21 pm
In a sense it is more like sovcit Fizzbin with the same inevitable result since they still make the rules up as they go a long.
Sounds like Calvinball.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Yesterday the RotMers fired back with a lawsuit! The suit alleges that the Bey men were subjected to "...defamation, discrimination of national origin and deprivation of their rights under the color of law."

And what did this lawsuit seek? First the novel idea of a change of venue due to their view that the state of Massachusetts has no jurisdiction over the Moors. But they at least agree they should be tried since they asked that their case be transferred to other courts - ostensibly where their beliefs/arugments, no matter how ludicrous they may seem, would have a chance of winning. So they asked for a "international court" which I presume they are asking for the The Hague International Court to oversee their trial. I doubt that the The Hague would be interested. The RotMers were open to having the trial moved to a "consular court" but I think they are out of luck since the powers of extraterritoriality ended back in the 1940s. I am guessing our Beyites anticipated that could be a problem, since they also offered the alternative of a "...federal court with consul's [sic] present." But I am not sure what that would accomplish since (1) I am sure the state of Massachusetts would argue that this is a state jurisdictional issue and the feds have no dog in this fight, and (2) even if this case ended up in federal court, and by a great stroke of dumb luck a consul decided to be present, said consul would be powerless to intervene on behalf of the defendants. I considered that given the dim understanding that RotM has of history and law, that perhaps "consul" was in reference to the former magistrates of the Roman Empire, but that might be stretching things a bit.

And there was the usual demand for money ($70 million) as just recompense for the waylaying and kidnapping of the RotMers off a federal highwy.

Tinkle Bucket
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Tinkle Bucket »

Notorious Moorish font of all knowledge Nobel El Bey tells her followers that the Hague is in Switzerland but then again this is a woman who says Moses was black and buried in Utah.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:39 am
Seems to be their motto. From the news articles above:
The defendants adamantly rejected the court’s authority, refusing the assistance of attorneys and insisting their rights as “foreign nationals” and “well-regulated” militia members — paired with protections from the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution — trumped Massachusetts’ gun laws.
For the proper definition of "well regulated", we must look to Article I, Section 8, Clause 16 of the Constitution, describing the powers granted to Congress:

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

The RotMers seem to be real unclear on a whole range of things, starting with reality. I just don't think they are going to fare well in MA, or any other court for that matter. Let the delusional paper slinging comense.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:49 pm For the proper definition of "well regulated", we must look to Article I, Section 8, Clause 16 of the Constitution, describing the powers granted to Congress:

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
I'm asserting politics on this one. It's relevant to the Moors' viewpoint, but the accuracy is disputed.

Although the Moors are not "well-regulated" under any definition.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95