Sovereign Citizen Follies

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Sovereign Citizen Follies

Post by Prof »

I sometimes review "Son of Sui" to see what the sovereigns are saying. Unlike WSERRA, I rarely post anything and never post anything of substance. However, I thought that I would point out some of the most confused posts from time to time.

Todays entry:
Kitchie
Club Member
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Re: The Most Important Law to the Whole Driving Issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the STATE OF NEVADA posted its NEVADA REVISED STATUTES the meaning of the common law was stripped out. It would be nice to be able to just go to the "Session laws" of Nevada state to see what the common law is.

For those of you who are not lawyers, if the State of Nevada enacted all or part of the common law, the "common law" would automatically cease to be common law and become -- tada!!! -- statutory law. In fact, in almost all of the States, and for almost all issues over which the federal government has jurisdiction, the common law has been replaced by statutory law (the UCC is just one example of codification of common law, although some portions of the UCC never a part of the common law -- art. 9 being mostly a statutory creation -- or are restatements of prior statutes which may or may not have been part of the common law -- art. 3, for example, was previously enacted as the Uniform Negotiable Instruments Law but grows out of the common law, while art. 2 is largely an original codification of common law).

I'll try to follow up on this from time to time. Maybe some of the lurkers from Son of Sui will actually learn something about real law.
"My Health is Better in November."
Nikki

Re: Sovereign Citizen Follies

Post by Nikki »

What's most ironic about this is that these sovereign*****s simultaneously scream for adherence to the "Common Law" and to prevent judges from "legislating" from the bench.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Y'know, I learned at least one thing from posting there: many - perhaps most - of the posters are simply trying to figure out where they fit in. A lot of us do that. I don't think that they are taking a road likely to show them the truth. But calling people names because they find themselves on the wrong road is neither fair nor helpful. Save the names (and the cells) for those who profit by misdirecting others.

To the extent that I have not always followed that advice, I was wrong, and apologize to those concerned.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Y'know, I learned at least one thing from posting there: many - perhaps most - of the posters are simply trying to figure out where they fit in.
You weren't there long enough to get into the threats-of-physical-violence-against-you stage.
Demo.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Following WSERRA's post, I performed a little minor surgery on Nikki's post and mine; I'll try to post and respond in this portion of the board the way WSERRA did when he posed on Sui II.
"My Health is Better in November."
wserra

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:You weren't there long enough to get into the threats-of-physical-violence-against-you stage.
Maybe not. I'd be interested in seeing them, though. Got references?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume