"National Republic Registry"

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

"National Republic Registry"

Post by wserra »

A quick search indicates we haven't mentioned these guys before, at least in the board's current incarnation.

"National Republic Registry" touts itself as "your solution to hassle-free, cost effective, online recording of public documents". Their explanation of why they have any greater legal standing as a recording office than Billy Joe Bob's garage filing cabinet is interesting. First they cite 18 USC 2071, which essentially criminalizes destroying or defacing public records; they don't do that, you see, so they must be official. Then they cite Near v. Minnesota, 283 U.S. 697 (1931) (although they don't give you the citation, presumably so their Near-illiterate (sorry) audience can't look it up); I take it their point is that the govt can't prior restrain them. Finally, in the crowning touch, they note that they published for thirty whole days in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram a notice constituting "Proof of Newspaper Record", whatever that might be. I mean, how much more could anyone want?

Oh, and that "cost-effective" stuff - they charge $8 for the first page and $2 for every additional page to record stuff. A ten-page document is thus $26 to record. That seems like a good deal more than County Clerks' Offices around here.

They also have other valuable services, from a Simply Freedom Package for $340 to an Extended Freedom Package for $1100. They list the things you get - such as a "Bonded Promissory Note Package Preparation" - without telling you what those things are. Not that the explanations would make any sense.

So, folks, give them your money to prepare documents which do nothing and record them somewhere which means nothing. Such a deal.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: "National Republic Registry"

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Those "freedom packages" have "redemptionist/tax denier-evader" written all over them. They refer to UCC filings, and to their instructions on how you can notify various agencies of your new status. Anyone who throws away their hard-earned money on any of these packages is likely to be invited to a very unfriendly meeting with state and federal revenue departments, I suspect.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: "National Republic Registry"

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

For me, the silliness quotient is amplified by the poor grammar. :roll:

What these idiot filers don't realize is they're publicizing their SSAN's on their documents.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three