Seth Sundberg/Kurt Johnson

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

adamthompson3232

Seth Sundberg/Kurt Johnson

Post by adamthompson3232 »

See the affidavit at the link below. And see pages 8 and 18 to read about the psycho known as Kurt Johnson. These guys never stop.

http://freedom-school.com/tax-matters/s ... plaint.pdf
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Seth Sundberg/Kurt Johnson

Post by Demosthenes »

Good stuff.
Demo.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Just imagine what was going through the investigator's mind when he sat there and watched Sundberg having all those documents shredded! :shock:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
adamthompson3232

I just don't understand why people continue to try the same strategies that have sent so many others to prison. It doesn't make sense. But I wonder, do these guys really believe in the straw man or is it just a strategy to try to defraud the government?
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

adamthompson3232 wrote:I just don't understand why people continue to try the same strategies that have sent so many others to prison. It doesn't make sense. But I wonder, do these guys really believe in the straw man or is it just a strategy to try to defraud the government?
I believe the etiology varies:
  • Some are true believers (ie, massive brain damage)
  • Some seek to attack the government by any available means
  • Some are grifters and con-men, people in it purely for some financial gain
  • Some reflect a combination of the above
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

lambkin wrote: I believe the etiology varies:
There are far more nuances beyond those three and any mixture of them; those are the tip of the iceberg.

Believe it or not, there are people who simply believe that government/authority is something to not only be suspicious of but something that needs to be actively thwarted at every opportunity. And there are people who are willing and able to engage in a spectrum of behaviors that reflect those beliefs.

When people see a confluence of government and commercial power being used against their interests, some will become creative; the ignorant will follow the short-term successes, even to their own doom, holding out that "the system" is designed to favor their enemy - which it is.
The Devil Makes Three
Blup

Post by Blup »

Keep in mind too that most of the folks who try to implement the stuff are unthinking followers of the scammers. They hate and fear the government and blindly follow anyone who offers them a way to stick it to the man.

These are not your high-functioning members of society.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Blup wrote:Keep in mind too that most of the folks who try to implement the stuff are unthinking followers of the scammers. They hate and fear the government and blindly follow anyone who offers them a way to stick it to the man.

These are not your high-functioning members of society.
Yes.

These People run from one theory to another and never make any real progress toward stopping the government's authority over them. Most of the time, the government conducts a civil investigation of their tax filings and earnings, and after deficiency and collection procedures, they're in worse shape than before, making life miserable for everyone else.

We've seen many of them on this forum trying to defend their theories. Some few of them escape deeper into anonymity until they show up years later in a criminal indictment.

I agree with 'Demosthenes,' the affidavit is quite interesting, especially in the details of the scam and the names of those who were involved in the investigation. It's been converted to an indictment (2nd case) in the Northern District of California, 5:09-cr-00928-JF-1
adamthompson3232

Judge,

"...the ignorant will follow the short-term successes..."

What successes are you referring to? I have read about a few of these con artists and they all seem to end up with long prison sentences. Is there really any validity to some of this crap that enables any of them to have any semblance of "success"?
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

adamthompson3232 wrote:Judge,

What successes are you referring to?
Sundberg got a refund check for some five millions, that's definetly a short-term success.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

What successes are you referring to? I have read about a few of these con artists and they all seem to end up with long prison sentences. Is there really any validity to some of this crap that enables any of them to have any semblance of "success"?
There's no validity or legitimacy to any of them, but for every one of these people who are actually indicted and eventually convicted, there are probably a few who have tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars stashed somewhere and most of them were probably involved in promoting the schemes.
The Devil Makes Three
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
lambkin wrote: I believe the etiology varies:
There are far more nuances beyond those three and any mixture of them; those are the tip of the iceberg.

Believe it or not, there are people who simply believe that government/authority is something to not only be suspicious of but something that needs to be actively thwarted at every opportunity. And there are people who are willing and able to engage in a spectrum of behaviors that reflect those beliefs.
That is the second group I referred to: people who are completely opposed to government authority and will engage in opportunistic attacks which may seem absurd to outsiders but are justified by the world-view of "angry guy". (I'm sure you're right there are more variants.)
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

The poster child of short term successes can be found at http://www.losthorizons.com/tax/MoreVictories.htm, some of which were discussed here.
adamthompson3232

Is the guy at that website retarded? Why would he post those checks? And why would anyone allow him to post their checks? Are these people really this dumb? I assume they are all in prison as a result of this?
nolo contendere

Post by nolo contendere »

Mr. Sundberg has pled guilty...sentencing to follow
http://www.justice.gov/usao/can/press/2 ... press.html
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The US has obtained a $5,000,000+ default judgment against Sundberg (and his fiance, Rashea Roberts) for the "erroneous refund."

United States v. Seth C. Sundberg et al., No. 3:09-cv-04085 (N.D. Cal. 8/22/2011).
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

A three month multimillionaire. :roll:
The Devil Makes Three