Florida sovereign, 73, now on the run...

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Florida sovereign, 73, now on the run...

Post by The Operative »

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Nikki

Re: Florida sovereign, 73, now on the run...

Post by Nikki »

See also Quatloos

In February, 2008, the Brinkles tried to buy a $700,000 house in Alaqua, a prestigious gated community in Seminole County, from Hunter Paschall, a Longwood property investor. Instead of money, however, they presented him with a homemade money order. Although the deal fell apart, the Brinkles recorded the sale had been done, county land records show.

According to Donna Brinkle, that money order was perfectly valid. As head of her own sovereign country, she has the power to create her own monetary system, and she did.

A judge disagreed, ruling that Paschell was the rightful owner. The Brinkles filed liens against him, his wife and his company.

Donna Brinkle said she has not given up on taking ownership of the Alaqua house, just as she has not given up on reclaiming her 5 acres in Geneva.

“It’s still mine. It’s still my and my husband’s,” she said. “All we lack is someone with a bigger stick than they have in Seminole County.”

Beverages down:
Brinkles complained that they don’t have enough money to pay their heating and air conditioning bills because they are “scraping by on $1,300.00 per month of Social Security Benefits.”
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Oh, my, sadly, probably won't be a consideration for much longer I would suspect.

The problem with being a "sovereign nation", is that there are bigger really sovereign nations, like Seminole County who don't have to agree with your pronouncements, and then you aren't "sovereign" any more.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

Orlando Sentinel wrote:Twelve years ago, Donna Brinkle, 73, and her husband, Joel Brinkle, 77, declared themselves independent of all government authority. They do not pay taxes, do not bother with drivers licenses, and she describes U.S. currency as "funny money. It's bogus."
They scrape by on $1,300 in Social Security benefits, she said.
:evil: These douchebags are more than happy to reap the benefits every month -- from MY taxes -- and yet consider U.S. currency as bogus. Not to mention THEY don't pay taxes. Hmm. Wonder how their bills get paid? Classic. And unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.

I hope these two, when they're caught, get tossed in jail for a while. I don't care that they're in their seventies; this kind of selfish, childish behavior needs a figurative smack upside the head head to correct.

(There's a lot more I could say, but I won't -- don't want to risk a reprimand from the All-Powerful Melon-Hatted One.)
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I'd love to see nitwits like this use their funny money not to try to BS the government, but to do something like try to buy groceries or pay for car repairs. They'd probably spend a lot of time in hospital emergency rooms seeking treatment for burns on their ears, or foot-sized bruises on their posteriors.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

The article has attracted the attention of something calling itself Vortilon, which seems to be an android trying to pass as human.
Paper should state federal law violated. section and chapter.

Vortilon (11/26/2009, 12:24 PM )
(The article mentioned only state crimes.)
I thought a sheriff could through (sic, presumably "throw") the federal government out of his co.

Vortilon (11/26/2009, 12:26 PM )
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Quixote wrote:The article has attracted the attention of something calling itself Vortilon, which seems to be an android trying to pass as human.
Paper should state federal law violated. section and chapter.

Vortilon (11/26/2009, 12:24 PM )
(The article mentioned only state crimes.)
I thought a sheriff could through (sic, presumably "throw") the federal government out of his co.

Vortilon (11/26/2009, 12:26 PM )
I haven't heard from a "posse comitatus" nutcase in quite some time.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:...
I haven't heard from a "posse comitatus" nutcase in quite some time.
Count your blessings. Any of them with more than a few working brain cells will avoid the label but won't disavow the philosophy. The last one I saw slunk out of a meeting after making a fool of himself and threatening the council with arrest warrants. Apparently his fellow members didn't show up in time to enforce them and to the amusement of many, it only took one relatively petite Sheriff's deputy to get him out the door.

Hint to bozos: When you're nothing more than just pudgy, obnoxious and pushing sixty years old and obviously rarely push around anything heavier than a buggy at WalMart you shouldn't assume the pretty little gal in the uniform can't take care of herself without having to draw her service weapon or spray.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Random thought re JRB's comment of, "more than a few working brain cells", isn't that an oxymoron, since by definition, I always presumed the one precluded the other. :roll: and I have certainly never encountered the one with the other.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I'd love to see nitwits like this use their funny money not to try to BS the government, but to do something like try to buy groceries or pay for car repairs. They'd probably spend a lot of time in hospital emergency rooms seeking treatment for burns on their ears, or foot-sized bruises on their posteriors.
Not to mention horsewhip marks on their legs and arms ...