Nuwaubian sect at it again

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Nuwaubian sect at it again

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

This notary is a real supergenius -- he notarizes his own signature! I wonder what it tales to get a notary commission pulled in Georgia....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Unidyne »

Okay, let's see some hands. Anyone surprised at York and his crew pulling something like this?

No one? Good.

Dwight York's Nuwabuians are an off-shoot of a Black Panther group from New York City. Among York's various cons is that he and his followers are members of a Native American tribe (Yamassee), with him as "Chief Black Thunderbird Eagle". He once ran a faux-Egyptian compound in Georgia named "Tama-Re", that was later demolished after being sold under government forfeiture.

Photos of it can be seen here:
http://www.nuwaubiaholylandofthenuwaubians.com/
http://www.phreakmonkey.com/aviation/nuwaubian-air/
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Something weird is going on with our old friend Dwight York. Anybody know about this?

First of all, he's in the Florence Supermax. That's a little surprising, as the space there is generally reserved for the most dangerous. I suppose it could be because BOP views his followers as threats, but I thought the Nuwaubians were mostly history at this point.

Second is some unusual stuff on the docket (02-cr-27, GAMD). Over the last year, the Court has issued some twenty-five sealed orders, fifteen of those in the last three months alone and five in the last couple of weeks. Orders of protection are the only things that occur to me, perhaps sealed because they perforce contain the names and addresses of the victims. But the guy is in Florence. He can't even see the outside world, let alone communicate with it.

Anybody?

ETA: I see the Lawdog already posted that he's in Florence.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

As Alice would say, "Curiouser and curiouser." Florence is not someplace you get sent for either good behavior or comfort, and while they might be sending him there for protective reasons, I would think there would be better and cheaper places to send him if isolation is all they want.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

wserra wrote:Something weird is going on with our old friend Dwight York. Anybody know about this?
... Over the last year, the Court has issued some twenty-five sealed orders, fifteen of those in the last three months alone and five in the last couple of weeks.
To whom were the orders issued?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
wserra

Post by wserra »

The last seven docket entries:
08/13/2010 484 SEALED ORDER as to Dwight D York. Ordered by Judge C. Ashley Royal on 08/12/10. (ans) (Entered: 08/17/2010)
08/19/2010 485 SEALED ORDER as to Dwight D York. Ordered by Judge C. Ashley Royal on 08/18/10. (ans) (Entered: 08/19/2010)
09/03/2010 486 SEALED ORDER as to Dwight D York. Ordered by Judge C. Ashley Royal on 09/03/10. (ans) (Entered: 09/07/2010)
09/10/2010 488 SEALED ORDER as to Dwight D York. Ordered by Judge C. Ashley Royal on 08/10/10. (ans) (Entered: 09/10/2010)
09/14/2010 490 SEALED ORDER as to Dwight D York. Ordered by Judge C. Ashley Royal on 09/14/10. (ans) (Entered: 09/20/2010)
09/17/2010 489 SEALED ORDER as to Dwight D York. Ordered by Judge C. Ashley Royal on 09/17/10. (ans) (Entered: 09/17/2010)
09/20/2010 491 SEALED ORDER as to Dwight D York. Ordered by Judge C. Ashley Royal on 09/14/10. (ans) (Entered: 09/20/2010)
Helps, right?
- David Hume
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

wserra wrote:...
Helps, right?
:brickwall:

Maybe he's being required to testify or be questioned? If memory serves that's the only way one can gain access to some Supermax inmates.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
wserra

Post by wserra »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Maybe he's being required to testify or be questioned?
And the Court is ordering BOP to admit folks to see him. I agree that's a possibility - except that it seems much too often. If the govt is in fact working with York, they don't really want it known, and don't need to see him every week anyway. I'll still go with the protective orders, although "Chief Black Thunderbird Eagle becomes Chief Black Thunderbird Rat" is a more fun scenario to contemplate.
- David Hume
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

wserra wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:Maybe he's being required to testify or be questioned?
And the Court is ordering BOP to admit folks to see him. I agree that's a possibility - except that it seems much too often. If the govt is in fact working with York, they don't really want it known, and don't need to see him every week anyway. I'll still go with the protective orders, although "Chief Black Thunderbird Eagle becomes Chief Black Thunderbird Rat" is a more fun scenario to contemplate.
Forgive my ignorance,

Can Federal Courts issue Orders of Protection and are they like a State Order of Protection?

In Tennessee, (I just had training on this two days ago) to get an order of protection there has to be a threat, assault, or harassment and it must have occurred in the last year (in most jurisdictions). Older stuff can get in if there is a new incident.