Marrakush Society and Aboriginal Law Firm

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

YAAFP
Stowaway
Stowaway

Marrakush Society and Aboriginal Law Firm

Post by YAAFP »

I learned of this "Marrakush Society" via a JREF forum post, and I just had to share it with you. Several courtroom videos are on YouTube, apparently uploaded by the "Society" and/or their supporters. For the life of me, I can't understand how they think the videos display them in any kind of positive light.

I don't have access to any legal databases, but I did find this court opinion in NJ:

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT DISTRICT OF NEW JERSEY
Marrakush Society v. New Jersey State Police
July 30, 2009
http://nj.findacase.com/research/wfrmDo ... DNJ.htm/qx

A. MARRAKUSH SOCIETY

It is unclear to this Court, from the face of the numerous pleadings currently before the Court, whether the Marrakush Society is an actual juridical entity. However, it is certain that Marrakush Society exists online as a "MySpace" social webpage. The heading of the webpage -- a section containing the phrase "Marrakush Society" (garnished with both federal and state trademark symbols) -- offers the visitor the Marrakush Society's logo, which is an a type of pyramid, and invites the visitor to send a message, find a friend and to add a comment. In addition, this section clarifies that the Marrakush Society is located in "Marankokush Principality, Timbuctoo Territory, Samal Shariq, MA," a non-existing geographic designation. The body of the webpage offers the visitor four tabs. Two tabs, titled "Treaty" and "Contact Us," open to nothing but blank pages. One tab, titled "MKST" (seemingly, abbreviating the term "Marrakush Society"), contains nothing but a larger image of the very same Aztec pyramid logo. Finally, the tab titled "Marrakush Empire" opens to a page containing a paragraph of writing and a picture of an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, known as "the Eye of Ra" or "the Eye of Horus." See David P. Silverman, Ancient Egypt (1994). The paragraph spells the word "Marrakush" as "Murakush" (i.e., by utilizing the now-archaic Berber phrase meaning "Land of God," which was used in the Medieval Morocco to designate the city of Marrakesh) and copying the history of Morocco from two sources: (a) Wikipedia, and (b) an article by Linda D. Kozaryn, titled "Cohen Renews U.S.-Morocco Ties."

In light of the above-described peculiar mix of references to Malian, Egyptian and Moroccan references, employ of an imaginary geographic designation and quasi-Arabic terms, as well as reproduction of web articles without designation of the source of the information, it is unclear to this Court whether the Marrakush Society is actually a bona fide juridical entity (that is, a corporation, partnership, limited liability company or the like) or simply amaterialization of someone's interest in obtaining an imprimatur of legitimacy through authorship of an Internet social webpage.

Apparently the associated "Aboriginal Law Firm" is also little more than a few web pages:
The "Partners and Clients" page of the website asserts the Aboriginal Law Firm's association with numerous imaginary organizations and a handful of actually existing ones (although the names of the latter are systemically misspelled)...

The funniest part is "i. Civil Action No. 09-2518", "misconduct complaint", describing his encounter with a traffic officer. It is hilarious! (Sorry, unable to link to the specific section.)
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Marrakush Society and Aboriginal Law Firm

Post by wserra »

Here is the complaint to which you refer. It appears that the "Marrakush Society" brings the action on behalf of one "Aboriginal Indiginous Ambassador Minister Consular Noble AEmer Shyaam M.K. El". We've seen more and more African-American (or, as they put it, "Aboriginal Indigenous Sovereign Moorish American") sovruns lately. Still, the word is getting out about these particular guys. It took a Delaware judge only two weeks to dismiss a case they brought, and a Florida judge only six days.

Further proof that stupidity is race-neutral. Welcome to Quatloos, YAAFP.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
YAAFP
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by YAAFP »

wserra wrote:Here is the complaint to which you refer. ...
Thanks. I have no legal training, and no access to PACER, so looking up cases is difficult.
I did find the judge's order for administrative termination (July 30, 2009) of all their actions.
http://nj.findacase.com/research/wfrmDo ... DNJ.htm/qx

This is the first I've heard about this particular brand of "Freeman" woo. Watching the YouTube videos, it's fascinating to see the misplaced arrogance displayed by this knucklehead. Alternatively, the professionalism of the judge is outstanding.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote:Here is the complaint to which you refer.
It appears that the "Marrakush Society" brings the action on behalf of one "Aboriginal Indiginous Ambassador Minister Consular Noble AEmer Shyaam M.K. El".

People like this remind me of the old Symbionese Liberation Army (you know, the kidnappers of Patty Hearst, among other things). They were fond of, among other things, giving themselves romanticized "war names" -- for example, ex-con Donald De Freeze became "Field Marshal Cinque Mtume"; and his coconspirators gave themselves other names which just seemed to hiss Revolutionary Zeal... but to the rest of us seemed pompous, arrogant and a few other things (I remember thinking that a real revolutionary, Fidel Castro, simply called himself "Alejandro [Alexander]). I guess that, if there is nothing about you which gives you any hope of becoming anything more than the small, p*ss-ant person that you are, adopting a Big Name and a fantasy history, etc. may be your only hope of at least thinking that you are anything bigger than what you are.

I'm also reminded of Idi Amin, come to think of it. This former Sergeant turned himself into His Excellency President for Life Field Marshal Al-Haji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC DSO MC CBE. He certainly did not win the first two medals, and probably not the third. The fourth stands not for "Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire", but for his own self-created and self-awarded "Conqueror of the British Empire".
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
educatedindian

Post by educatedindian »

We've been seeing this more and more in the past few years that some of the Moorish Science influenced groups (the same ideology from which the Nation of Islam sprang) are now claiming to be indigenous to the US. They seriously claim Africans are the true American Indians, that there was no slave trade taking people from Africa, and that Natives are actually "Chinese hybrids."

Notice the imagery in this webpage of theirs.
http://www.cultural-freedom.com/
wserra

Post by wserra »

Every now and then I take a look at the stats for Q-related downloads from my dropbox (I've copied and linked to a lot of docs over the years). Usually I see nothing remarkable. This time, however, wasn't usual. The "Marrakush Society" complaint, above, to which I linked almost eight years ago has been downloaded over fifty times in the last few days.

Dunno what that means, but it's weird.
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Someone, or several someones, not clear on the concept of NOT repeating history?????
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

It appears that a couple of years ago the Moorish Science Temple got the Chicago City Council to pass a resolution - one of those "declaring tomorrow to be such-and-such day" - this time a resolution rather obviously drafted by the Moors, containing within it the declaration that the Moorish movement was so ancient (back to about 1912) that its adherents could be said to be America's aboriginals and indiginous peoples -- something the Navajos and Arapahos and Hawaiians might quibble about. Anyway the Moors have since been clutching copies of this resolution as if it counted for something, as if it brings them within federal and UN legislation protecting aboriginal/indigenous people. Moors don't seem terribly concerned about what happens to non- Moorish Afro-Americans, but maybe I am too picky. Anyway, the way Moors interpret the protective legislation they don't have to have driver's licenses or pay taxes (unlike Navajos and Arapahos and Hawaiians).
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

It's fascinating how the oh, so noble and pure purveyors of rubbish like this always seem to have various items, "medicines" and services which they will be happy to sell to us. Beats working for a living, I guess.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

http://moorishdirectory.com/wp-content/ ... mation.pdf

Copy of the declaration for those who are curious.
wserra

Post by wserra »

WTF is wrong with Emanuel? Early Alzheimer's? Or is this thing fake?
- David Hume
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

My memory is hazy since it was six years ago but I'm not sure I ever found confirmation that Rahm actually made the proclamation.

Google search brings up the fact that other cities were tricked into making similar proclamations which were later rescinded:

http://wreg.com/2013/09/05/moorish-amer ... rescinded/
http://wfae.org/post/fayetteville-mayor ... rican-week
The Fayetteville Observer also reports that Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx signed a similar proclamation. So did the mayors of Chicago and Baltimore, the paper reports.
Per the Fayetteville Observer, Rahm apparently did sign it.
morrand

Post by morrand »

wserra wrote:WTF is wrong with Emanuel? Early Alzheimer's? Or is this thing fake?
Mayoral proclamations are not apparently a big deal in Chicago: there's a form on the city's Web site to request one. Or you can request a birthday letter, or one for your class reunion. You can even get one "with photo" (Mayor Emanuel's, I presume), and have it emailed, mail-mailed, or held for pickup. They're very accommodating. They do "reserve the right to deny any request," which I assume is there to take care of the jokers who ask for a birthday letter in honor of Joseph Stalin and so on, but that hardly promises a rigorous background check.

I will also note that the date on this proclamation, December 22, 2011, comes in a funny gap in the sequence of press releases put out by the Mayor's office (nothing was issued between announcing on the 20th that $4.6M in bank debt had been collected, and making a statement on the 30th about a police officer's death).

In all probability, then, the proclamation was made, not by the Mayor, but by a clerk in the Mayor's office who was filling otherwise-routine requests while the rest of the office was out burning off vacation days, and didn't recognize the name. The really serious proclamations, the ones that actually seem to mean something, go through the City Council, and the council minutes for December 14, 2011, are mostly silent about anything like this. The Moorish Science Temple's city fee exemption (ordinance O2011-9779, Journal p. 18368) got referred to committee, but that's about it.

That said, the Moors are a big deal in Chicago. There are a huge number of Moorish documents that get filed with the Cook County Recorder's office, which are more accessible now that the office offers free previews online. I've tried going through and tracing them before, but it's a tangled, tangled web, and usually I get tired and go to bed before I finish tracing. One of these days I might actually trace some of them on here, but probably not today.
---
Morrand