Another nutter found, denies validity of FRNs

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Another nutter found, denies validity of FRNs

Post by rogfulton »

A local reverend and former Greenwood County Council member who recently was accused of soliciting a prostitute has filed a petition to have the charge against him dismissed.
The good Reverend Fred Munger Armfield of Greenwood, SC, most recently serving as pastor of Little Zion AME Church in Greenwood, had been picked up in a building that was supposed to be unoccupied at the time. Also detained by police was a local woman with the nickname Truck Stop.

The Rev has filed a petition to have the charges dismissed because he is a
descendant of the original Moro-Pithecus Disoch, Kenyapithecus and Afro Pithecus, whose ancestors roamed from that point throughout the world. A living flesh and blood being with sovereign status. A femme couleur libre.
As if that's not enough,
The former councilman also cites three prior court cases which call into question the validity of cash and payments.

One case states the giving of Federal Reserve Notes (i.e. cash) does not constitute payment. Another case states the use of Federal Reserve Notes is only a promise to pay.

The third case reportedly claims legal tender Federal Reserve Notes are not good and lawful money of the United States.

The petition said Armfield “seeks immediate release from the false charges, kidnapping and defamation of character” associated with the case.
The article is at http://indexjournal.com/articles/2010/0 ... mfield.txt
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Nikki

Re: Another nutter found, denies validity of FRNs

Post by Nikki »

Not only was he thinking with the little head to get himself into the compromised position, not he's letting the little head do his speaking for him.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

He described himself as a femme couleur libre?
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

rogfulton wrote:The Rev has filed a petition to have the charges dismissed because he is a
descendant of the original Moro-Pithecus Disoch, Kenyapithecus and Afro Pithecus, whose ancestors roamed from that point throughout the world.
IOW, a sovereign cave man.
a local woman with the nickname Truck Stop.
I'd hazard a guess: not Belle du Jour.

And you left out the best part:
The publicly filed document also asserts Armfield is a “sentient flesh and blood being, with duties as a Minister for Christ and fulfills all rights and responsibilities of the chosen mission; to counsel bereaved families, feed the hungry, provide for the sick, and clothe the naked while leading lost souls to Christ.”
I mean, how do you clothe the naked if they're not first unclothed? Free exercise!
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

rogfulton wrote:
A local reverend and former Greenwood County Council member who recently was accused of soliciting a prostitute has filed a petition to have the charge against him dismissed.
The good Reverend Fred Munger Armfield of Greenwood, SC, most recently serving as pastor of Little Zion AME Church in Greenwood, had been picked up in a building that was supposed to be unoccupied at the time. Also detained by police was a local woman with the nickname Truck Stop.

The Rev has filed a petition to have the charges dismissed because he is a
descendant of the original Moro-Pithecus Disoch, Kenyapithecus and Afro Pithecus, whose ancestors roamed from that point throughout the world. A living flesh and blood being with sovereign status. A femme couleur libre.
As if that's not enough,
The former councilman also cites three prior court cases which call into question the validity of cash and payments.

One case states the giving of Federal Reserve Notes (i.e. cash) does not constitute payment. Another case states the use of Federal Reserve Notes is only a promise to pay.

The third case reportedly claims legal tender Federal Reserve Notes are not good and lawful money of the United States.

The petition said Armfield “seeks immediate release from the false charges, kidnapping and defamation of character” associated with the case.
The article is at http://indexjournal.com/articles/2010/0 ... mfield.txt
So the... um, "good" Reverend doesn't like FRNs? I'll bet that he is more than willing to accept piles and piles of them when they arrive via the collection plate.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

A Google search of Rev. Armfield's name turns up some very interesting tidbits. From the WSPA-TV web site, here's a sample:

"A former County councilman, Armfield was suspended from his council position in 1997 by then South Carolina Governor David Beasley after being indicted by a Greenwood grand jury on five counts of willfully assisting in the preparation and filing of a false document."

I'd love to know what that false document is....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

It was his oath of office for the position.

When he signed it, he had his fingers crossed behing his back.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 97-29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHEREAS, Fred Armfield, a member of the Greenwood County Council, has been indicted by the Greenwood County Grand Jury on five counts of willfully assisting in the preparation and filing of a false document; and

WHEREAS, willfully assisting in the preparation and filing of a false document is a crime of moral turpitude; and

WHEREAS, Article VI, Section 8 of the South Carolina Constitution provides in pertinent part, that "[a]ny officer of the State or its political subdivisions, except members and officers of the Legislative and Judicial Branches, who has been indicted by a grand jury for a crime involving moral turpitude or who has waived such indictment if permitted by law may be suspended by the Governor until he shall have been acquitted. In case of conviction the office shall be declared vacant and the vacancy filled as may be provided by law;" and

WHEREAS, Mr. Armfield is an Officer of the State or its political subdivisions.

NOW, THEREFORE, pursuant to the powers conferred upon me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of South Carolina, I hereby order that Fred Armfield shall be suspended from the Greenwood County Council until such time as the charges of willfully assisting in the preparation and filing of a false document referenced above have been resolved, at which time further appropriate action will be taken by the undersigned.

GIVEN UNDER MY HAND AND THE GREAT SEAL OF THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA, THIS 12TH DAY OF SEPTEMBER, 1997.

Last Updated: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 11:18 A.M.
Demo.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

County councilman suspended

COLUMBIA -- A Greenwood County councilman indicted by a grand jury on bingo fraud charges has been suspended from office by Gov. David Beasley.

The executive order, filed Friday, says Fred Armfield's alleged offenses involve ``a crime of moral turpitude.''

The councilman may resume his duties if he is acquitted, according to the order. If convicted, he faces a maximum 20-year prison sentence and $2,000 fine.

Mr. Armfield, who was charged in June, is accused of forging signatures and claiming people as officers of the United Society of the Blind of Greenwood County, of which he is president. The state Revenue Department said Mr. Armfield allegedly prepared the fraudulent documents to indicate the organization was nonprofit.
Only groups the IRS recognizes as nonprofit may conduct bingo games in South Carolina.
Demo.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Demosthenes wrote:
County councilman suspended

COLUMBIA -- A Greenwood County councilman indicted by a grand jury on bingo fraud charges has been suspended from office by Gov. David Beasley.

The executive order, filed Friday, says Fred Armfield's alleged offenses involve ``a crime of moral turpitude.''

The councilman may resume his duties if he is acquitted, according to the order. If convicted, he faces a maximum 20-year prison sentence and $2,000 fine.

Mr. Armfield, who was charged in June, is accused of forging signatures and claiming people as officers of the United Society of the Blind of Greenwood County, of which he is president. The state Revenue Department said Mr. Armfield allegedly prepared the fraudulent documents to indicate the organization was nonprofit.
Only groups the IRS recognizes as nonprofit may conduct bingo games in South Carolina.
I wonder if Mr. (Rev.?) Armfield accepted FRNs at his bingo games, or if he demanded gold or silver from the players.... :roll:
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: I wonder if Mr. (Rev.?) Armfield accepted FRNs at his bingo games, or if he demanded gold or silver from the players.... :roll:
It was likely his prior expierence that lead him to believe that FRN's are evil.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

bmielke wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote: I wonder if Mr. (Rev.?) Armfield accepted FRNs at his bingo games, or if he demanded gold or silver from the players.... :roll:
It was likely his prior expierence that lead him to believe that FRN's are evil.
Well, I will be more than happy to assist this guy in purging the evil from his holy world. I will accept any and all FRNs which are inflicted on the good Reverend. :)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Ok, if he was an AME pastor, then presumably he is a negro. And he claims to be a pithicine? Then he's claiming to be from a seperate line of evolution from the rest of us dating back to before we had speech or tools. There are certain organizations that will take that as a welcome admission.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

grixit wrote:Ok, if he was an AME pastor, then presumably he is a negro. And he claims to be a pithicine? Then he's claiming to be from a seperate line of evolution from the rest of us dating back to before we had speech or tools. There are certain organizations that will take that as a welcome admission.
He'll claim to be just about anything which 1) has prehistoric roots and 2) which is little understood by most people. I'll bet my stash of FRNs against his that he doesn't even properly understand the terms he's applying to himself.
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Doktor a Little Warning would have been nice, I nearly vomitted. :(
Doktor Avalanche wrote:
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Where'd you find my photo?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

webhick wrote:Where'd you find my photo?
:shock: Sorry Webhick...Just Sorry :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I hope?)
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Hey -- as I've said before, I've gor a perfect solution for these people -- they can simply ship their Constitutionally Invalid FRNs to me, and I will find good homes for them.... :roll:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Well this problem is spreading to the state legislature:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/17 ... 7403.shtml
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff