Update on $14 trillion redemption scam

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Update on $14 trillion redemption scam

Post by Lambkin »

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/ ... at_tri.php
Marlon T. "X-Large" Moore sure looks like one of the dumbest criminals in Miami history.

​ Late last year, the 38-year-old Miami native was arrested while on probation from federal prison for filing false tax claims -- to the tune of $14 trillion.

Yeah, trillion. With a t.

If the IRS had paid out, Moore's return would have exceeded the U.S. national debt. Instead, Moore snagged a two-year stay at the federal pen after pleading guilty to fraud.
bmielke

Re: Update on $14 trillion redemption scam

Post by bmielke »

Why do these people always choose outragous numbers. I am 24 Years old, I could live very comfortably on 2 million dollars for decades. Why is it they always go for Billions or now even Trillions. Are they too dumb to realize the US doesn't have that kind of cash?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

bmielke wrote:Why do these people always choose outragous numbers. I am 24 Years old, I could live very comfortably on 2 million dollars for decades. Why is it they always go for Billions or now even Trillions. Are they too dumb to realize the US doesn't have that kind of cash?
If they were smart enough to catch on to that, they'd be smart enough to realize that this "sovereign redemption" cr*p is too stupid a concept for words. Of course, these clowns probably can't count much past 1000, so whether you ask for a billion or a trillion probably doesn't make much of a difference; and if they were all that smart in the first place they wouldn't be in prison anyway.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

bmielke wrote:Why do these people always choose outragous numbers. I am 24 Years old, I could live very comfortably on 2 million dollars for decades. Why is it they always go for Billions or now even Trillions. Are they too dumb to realize the US doesn't have that kind of cash?
I would recommend that anyone, especially those near your age, spend some time in your local courthouse to observe a few criminal proceedings where there is a jury trial. You'll start seeing patterns pretty quickly. Some are clever; some are sociopaths; a few are borderline nuts; most are dumber than a bag of hammers.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

bmielke wrote:Why do these people always choose outragous numbers.
My guess is that the nickname "X-Large" does not refer to the guy's IQ.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

wserra wrote:
Shoe size.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The updated article from the Miami New Times:

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/content/pr ... on/2150842
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote:
I'm guessing that it's designed to make the ladies think that one of his characteristics is
"X-Large".
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Well, you know what they say. Big feet ..... big shoes.
Demo.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

What I was reminded of, when I saw the "X-Large" nickname, was an expression that I heard up in Quebec a few years back. It's "grosse Corvette, petite quéquette"; and it means, essentially, that if you're a guy and have a Corvette, and delight in driving it noisily here and there to impress people with your toy, it means that although your car may be large, another and more permanant fixture of your life is rather small.