Sovereign Citizen Movement on FX

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

bmielke

Sovereign Citizen Movement on FX

Post by bmielke »

The new(?) series "Justified" on FX is featuring a Sovereign Citizen tonight. I'm watching it right now.
bmielke

Re: Sovereign Citizen Movement on FX

Post by bmielke »

The bad guy turned out to be more of a Neo Nazi then Sovereign Citizen, but it was mentioned early in the episode. Great show.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Is there a real difference?
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Although I know Nikki knows better, I am concerned that some stranger to this forum will mistake sarcasm for a straightforward statement.

Yes, we know there is a difference. The White Supremist might be otherwise law abiding and well-behaved (at least to other whites). The Sovereign Citizen considers himself above the law and is wiling to be abusive to anyone else, of any race, who tries to get him to handle his proper civic responsibilities. The White Supremist treats non-whites with contempt; the Sovereign Citizens treats everyone with contempt ... although he might be especially abusive of the people he considers "14th Amendment Citizens".

Countries have survived racism better than they survived neo-anarchism.
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

I saw it on TV tonight too. I googled "justified sovereign citizen series" to find you an article/clip and mention it here. Quatloos was the first result, guess you are already aware.. :)
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

If one were to trace the major segments of the sovereign citizen and TPs movements back to their roots, one would find the family trees converging at their roots -- the white supremacist movement.

Although their paths have diverged -- today anyone can be a sovereignoramus or TP irrespective of religion, national origin, or skin color -- they all arise from a small group of disaffected losers who spent most of their time trying to find a way to blame someone else.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

What's a moulie?
Demo.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Demosthenes wrote:What's a moulie?
In my expierence it is a Italian Racial Slur for African Americans.

Edited to Add: Someone I knew in college used it quite a bit, it comes from the name of an Italian Eggplant Dish, but I can't spell it. Moulinjoun(?) something like that.

ETA 2: to UGALawdog: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by bmielke on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:What's a moulie?
It's a racial slur for African Americans.

ETA: My brother in law is a real class act. I learn more racial slurs from him than anyone else.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
kepsir

Post by kepsir »

It is a derivation on the Italian word "moulinyan, meaning eggplant.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

My ethnic vocabulary was quite limited until I hit college. Before then I know "spic", "dago" and "n*****", and that was it. Thanks to a progressive college education, now I know at least half a dozen horrible words for each ethnicity.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Brandybuck wrote:My ethnic vocabulary was quite limited until I hit college. Before then I know "spic", "dago" and "n*****", and that was it. Thanks to a progressive college education, now I know at least half a dozen horrible words for each ethnicity.
I know quite a few but I don't know a half dozen for each.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Brandybuck wrote:My ethnic vocabulary was quite limited until I hit college. Before then I know "spic", "dago" and "n*****", and that was it. Thanks to a progressive college education, now I know at least half a dozen horrible words for each ethnicity.
What's the world coming to? When my friends and I finished college, the phrase we knew in thirty languages was "Do you want to sleep with me?" The Swedish version actually worked for me twice at the same time.

But that's another story.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

wserra wrote:
What's the world coming to? When my friends and I finished college, the phrase we knew in thirty languages was "Do you want to sleep with me?" The Swedish version actually worked for me twice at the same time.

But that's another story.
I went to college in a small town in Western PA, where the population has a rather large Redneck percentage. Our goal when we went out to eat or to a bar was not to get in a fight and those locals were always looking for a fight with the college kids.

My third year there was an incident between some of the Locals and a couple of black football players I heard the police were investigating it as a hate crime. So in a town like that you learn a lot, on top of that the kid that was across the hall from me freshman year, was a pretty big racist.
Parvati
Demigoddess of Volatile Benevolence

Post by Parvati »

bmielke wrote:I went to college in a small town in Western PA, where the population has a rather large Redneck percentage.
Sounds like Indiana U. of Penn. Visited a friend who was going there and my, oh my--might as well have been south of the Mason-Dixon Line. But that was well over a decade ago.... Things have probably changed, since.
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Parvati wrote:
bmielke wrote:I went to college in a small town in Western PA, where the population has a rather large Redneck percentage.
Sounds like Indiana U. of Penn. Visited a friend who was going there and my, oh my--might as well have been south of the Mason-Dixon Line. But that was well over a decade ago.... Things have probably changed, since.
I didn't go to IUP, I went to a very small college on the Ohio Border, 75 miles north of Pittsburgh. It is a depressed area know as the rust belt, many people look for someone to blame for their lot in life.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

CaptainKickback wrote: Lars and Nils remember you fondly........ :wink:
Oh snap!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros