Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

The Dog
First Mate
First Mate

Domestic Terrorism - The Sovereign Citizen Movement

Post by The Dog »

Just come across the item below:

Domestic Terrorism - The Sovereign Citizen Movement
Today, we look at a third threat—the “sovereign citizen” extremist movement. Sovereign citizens are anti-government extremists who believe that even though they physically reside in this country, they are separate or “sovereign” from the United States. As a result, they believe they don’t have to answer to any government authority, including courts, taxing entities, motor vehicle departments, or law enforcement.
http://www.fbi.gov/page2/april10/sovere ... 41310.html
Source: FBI website April 13 2010
bmielke

Re: Domestic Terrorism - The Sovereign Citizen Movement

Post by bmielke »

My favorite part.
That’s just the beginning. Not every action taken in the name of the sovereign citizen ideology is a crime, but the list of illegal actions committed by these groups, cells, and individuals is extensive (and puts them squarely on our radar). In addition to the above, sovereign citizens:
(bolding added)
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

There's goes the FBI getting its knickers in a twist again over some harmless nutters.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Brandybuck wrote:There's goes the FBI getting its knickers in a twist again over some harmless nutters.
I don't think they are harmless...

Maybe a bunch of the nutters aren't going to do anything, but they can and I believe do inspire some truely dangerous people.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

CaptainKickback wrote:
bmielke wrote:
Brandybuck wrote:There's goes the FBI getting its knickers in a twist again over some harmless nutters.
I don't think they are harmless...

Maybe a bunch of the nutters aren't going to do anything, but they can and I believe do inspire some truely dangerous people.
McVeigh and Nicols come to mind.......
Stack, and the guy that Killed Dr. Tiller, and Von Braun.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

This causes all kinds of problems—and crimes. For example, many sovereign citizens don’t pay their taxes. They hold illegal courts that issue warrants for judges and police officers. They clog up the court system with frivolous lawsuits and liens against public officials to harass them. And they use fake money orders, personal checks, and the like at government agencies, banks, and businesses.
Does sound like a particular frequent poster(s) here?
Joe Dirt
Anonymous Administerial Adviser

Post by Joe Dirt »

You must be speaking of "MO" and "RON"....
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
This causes all kinds of problems—and crimes. For example, many sovereign citizens don’t pay their taxes. They hold illegal courts that issue warrants for judges and police officers. They clog up the court system with frivolous lawsuits and liens against public officials to harass them. And they use fake money orders, personal checks, and the like at government agencies, banks, and businesses.
Does sound like a particular frequent poster(s) here?
Yeah HE SHOULDN'T BE NAMED BECAUSE HE DOESN'T USE HIS LEGAL NAME AKA SFBFKADMVAP
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

bmielke wrote:Maybe a bunch of the nutters aren't going to do anything, but they can and I believe do inspire some truely dangerous people.
Yeah, so did the Beatles, but the FBI didn't put them on a list.

p.s. Okay, Nixon put them on a list, but that's different. They were corrupting the morels of our jutes.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Brandybuck wrote:
bmielke wrote:Maybe a bunch of the nutters aren't going to do anything, but they can and I believe do inspire some truely dangerous people.
Yeah, so did the Beatles, but the FBI didn't put them on a list.

p.s. Okay, Nixon put them on a list, but that's different. They were corrupting the morels of our jutes.
I am not old enough to remember the Beatles or Nixon, but I think the difference here is that the Beatles inspired people to free love and creativity. Sovruns inspire people to violence and Terrorism.

I know that I am good on the sovrun side, but the Beatles is just a WAG so correct me if I am wrong.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Brandybuck wrote:Yeah, so did the Beatles, but the FBI didn't put them on a list.

http://foia.fbi.gov/foiaindex/beatles.htm
Demo.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

UGA Lawdog wrote:
bmielke wrote: I am not old enough to remember the Beatles or Nixon....
I hope you mean that you aren't old enough to remember Nixon being in office, not that you don't remember him at all. He died in 1994.
I don't remember him in office, I remember his funeral.

ETA: I wasn't even born when he was in office.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

UGA Lawdog wrote:
bmielke wrote: I am not old enough to remember the Beatles or Nixon....
I hope you mean that you aren't old enough to remember Nixon being in office, not that you don't remember him at all. He died in 1994.
One of my earliest television memories was Nixon's resignation, or more properly Ford's Inauguration. My father explained to me that the President had to quit because he was a bad man and when Ford was walking up to be sworn in I thought they simply picked some guy out of the audience and said, "Okay, it's on your back now."
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I remember Nixon. One day there was an announcement that he was going to make a previously unscheduled speech shortly. My mother said "he's going to resign!". My father sent me out for ice cream and all the fixings. So we all ate sundaes while watching.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

And some of us are old enough to remember having voted against him.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

Nixon wasn't all bad. He was, after all, the guy that stopped everyone from implicitly trusting the government. Hippies may have had bumper-stickers that said "question authority", but no one really believed it until after Nixon.