Debt elimination scammer in deadly shoot out

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Debt elimination scammer in deadly shoot out

Post by Demosthenes »

Sorry for delay in posting this, but I was a tad busy late last night.

Jerry Kane and his sixteen year old son were killed yesterday in an deadly shootout with West Memphis, AR police. Two policemen were shot and killed, two more were shot and are in the hospital, one of them in serious condition. Kane's dog was also shot, but was operated on by an Arkansas vet and will survive.

Kane was a redemption scammer a la Dorean Group.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... r-injured/
Demo.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Debt elimination scammer in deadly shoot out

Post by wserra »

Apparently law enforcement has not yet officially identified the shooters, but family members have. A search of Youtube turns up several Kane videos - as Demo says, "redemption"-scammer stuff.

Prayers for the cops in the hospital, and for the families of the dead cops. And for Kane's sixteen year old son. It's hard enough to imagine getting into a shootout with cops, let alone with your kid in the car.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Lee said Jerry Kane owned an AK-47 and carried it with him on trips because he liked taking it to local shooting ranges.
That just made the Commerial Appeal's week, if he had been from Tennessee it would have made their month.
Lee insists that Jerry and Joe Kane were doing good work, helping people with financial troubles keep their homes.

"They were literally staying in hotels all over the country so they could help people stay in their homes," Lee said.
Lee is Jerry Canes "Common Law" Wife.

Why wasn't this kid in school? Even down here he should have been in school for a few more days. Apparently he and dear old dad were traveling all over the country scamming people. Also Jerry lived in Florida (if his common law wife is to be believed) the minivan was registered in Ohio, to what amounts to a bum address (a church no longer in existance) why was it still on the road. Jarry Kane (according to his website) was pulled over and arrested last month in Arizona, the car shouldn't have been released to him if he had no license.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

"Lee" is Donna's middle name. Her full name is Donna Lee Wray.

I've known the shooter's ID since yesterday afternoon, but I've been freakishly busy.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The NM court docket. A bench warrant had been issued for his arrest, so getting pulled over in AR probably freaked him out. According to his last radio show, he was steaming mad about being pulled over at the checkpoint in NM...

STATE VS. KANE Case Detail
Case Number Current Judge Filing Date Court
M-30-MR-201000056 MARTHA M PROCTOR 04/12/2010 CARRIZOZO MAGISTRATE

Parties to this Case
Party Type Party Description Party # Party Name
D DEFENDANT 1 KANE JERRY R JR

Criminal Charge Detail
Party Count Seq # Statute Charge Class Charge Date Cit # Plea Disposition Disp Date
D 1 1 1 66-5-39 DRIVING WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED M 04/10/2010 2679055092902
D 1 2 1 30-22-3 CONCEALING IDENTITY PM 04/10/2010

Register of Actions Activity
Event Date Event Description Event Result Party Type Party # Amount
05/17/2010 WAR: BENCH WAR LETTER ISSUED D 1 $ 0.00
BENCH WARRANT LETTER ISSUED
04/27/2010 WAR: BENCH WARRANT ISSUED D 1 $ 100.00
NO BOND - CONDITIONS OF RELEASE
04/20/2010 DUE: DOCUMENTATION D 1
TO HAVE ENTRY OF APPR OR NOTIFY CRT IF WISHES TO ACT PRO SE
04/13/2010 NTC: RELEASE ORD & BOND D 1
SEC BOND OF $1,500.00
TO APPR @ THE CALL OF THE CRT
**NOT TO POSSESS FIREARMS OR DANGEROUS WEAPONS
**NOT TO POSSESS OR CONSUME ALCOHOL OR ENTER LIQUOR
ESTABLISHMENTS
**NOT TO VIOLATE ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL CRIMINAL LAW
**TO NOTIFY THE COURT OF ANY CHANGE OF ADDRESS
**NOT TO LEAVE THE CONTINENTAL USA W/O PRIOR PERMISSION
OF THE COURT
**TO MAINTAIN CONTACT WITH MY ATTORNEY
**TO AVOID ALL CONTACT WITH THE ALLEGED VICTIM OR ANYONE
WHO MAY TESTIFY IN THIS CASE
**OTHER--SHALL PROVIDE ENTRY OF APPR BY ATTY OR NOTIFY CRT
IF WISHES TO ACT PRO SE NO LATER THAN 04/20/10
04/12/2010 COMMITMENT TO JAIL D 1
DEF COMMITTED BACK TO JAIL
BOND $1,500.00 NO 10%
04/12/2010 NOT GUILTY PLEA D 1
DEF PLEAD NOT GUILTY
04/12/2010 VIDEO ARRAIGNMENT HELD D 1
DEF APPR BEFORE JMP
04/12/2010 OPN: CRIMINAL COMPLAINT FILED D 1
CT I: DOS/DOR
CT II: CONCEALING ID
NMSP: HUSTON

Judge Assignment History
Assignment Date Judge Name Sequence # Assignment Event Description
04/12/2010 MARTHA M PROCTOR 1 INITIAL ASSIGNMENT
Demo.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

I feel bad for these officers, I also fell bad for the son, surely he was too naive to realize the path his father was leading him down. It's sad to see a young life ended in a tragic manner.

I had a police officer friend who once told me that if you were more then 2 states away, then the local government was not going to pay to bring you back. I can't imagine that driving without a license would have gotten him a free trip from West Memphis to New Mexico.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

bmielke wrote:I feel bad for these officers, I also fell bad for the son, surely he was too naive to realize the path his father was leading him down. It's sad to see a young life ended in a tragic manner.

I had a police officer friend who once told me that if you were more then 2 states away, then the local government was not going to pay to bring you back. I can't imagine that driving without a license would have gotten him a free trip from West Memphis to New Mexico.
That may be true, but the bench warrant gives reason to be arrested, questioned, all your stuff searched, etc. Maybe he had something to hide?
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
bmielke wrote:I feel bad for these officers, I also fell bad for the son, surely he was too naive to realize the path his father was leading him down. It's sad to see a young life ended in a tragic manner.

That may be true, but the bench warrant gives reason to be arrested, questioned, all your stuff searched, etc. Maybe he had something to hide?
I actually got the answer when I reread Demo's post, they would have taken his AK47. That would be my guess why he decided to go out the stupid way.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

bmielke wrote:
Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:

I actually got the answer when I reread Demo's post, they would have taken his AK47. That would be my guess why he decided to go out the stupid way.
I remember reading this story in the media yesterday, but there had been no identities released and I remember a bit about the assault rifle.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

UGA Lawdog wrote:
bmielke wrote: I had a police officer friend who once told me that if you were more then 2 states away, then the local government was not going to pay to bring you back.
That depends on the seriousness on the offense. Last summer I represented a guy who had been arrested in Chicago after a routine traffic stop revealed he had Georgia warrants for armed robbery, aggravated assault, and false imprisonment. Georgia footed the bill for his extradition.
Yeah I left that part out he said for major things they would likely bring you back.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I did a quick google and i see that conspiracy is being mentioned cautiously in some of the comments. One writer used the word "assassination". And of course, his page on a general sovrun website is now a memorial. Shall we start a pool on long it takes for him to become a "hero" and a "martyr"?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

No need to start a pool. 24 hours ago SuiJurisClub was claiming Kane was "murdered" by cops, supposedly for his anti-tax stand.

The most recent news reports now suggest that Kane & son both came out with AK-47s blazing, and that they "ambushed" the cops. Of course, having an assault weapon - or any firearm - was a violation of the terms of Kane's pre-trial release, and, considering that a bench warrant had been issued for him the day before, Kane was additionally a fugitive in possession of a gun.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Time for a pool is long gone. The lunatic fringe (Alex Jones) checks in:
From the circumstantial evidence now coming in it looks like the government — on the heels of its failure to definitively set-up the Hutaree — are attempting to frame Kane and his son as violent white supremacists.
I mean, killing two cops just to frame two good ol' boys. What won't the Illuminati sink to?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Now "skankbeat" at losthorizons offers his commentary:
The government is starting to target "freemen" as "enemies of the state". FYI. In this article it appears the police killed this freeman by accident in a surge of paranoia after two police were gunned down earlier. Now they are doing cover up. When you read the article, be aware that the "Southern Poverty Law Center" is a known disinformation source.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... illed.html

Folks in Alaska have actually created a second government, with common law court, 3000+ man militia, and more. Montana is on its way. This freeman-on-the-land movement is definitely something to watch in the coming months. It makes the "tea party" movement look like controlled opposition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joMn3paNDwY
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... 402c#25022
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Famspear wrote:Now "skankbeat" at losthorizons offers his commentary:
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... 402c#25022
Wow, before watching the video, I did not believe it was possible to mix up, and get completely wrong, that many economic concepts in a single sentence.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Unidyne »

MSNBC: Ark. shooter held anti-government views

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37293723/ns ... and_courts

From the article:

Jerry Kane, who had a long history with police, used the Internet to question federal and local governments' authority over him and held debt-elimination seminars around the country. He recently complained about being busted at a "Nazi checkpoint" near Carrizozo, N.M., where court records show he spent three days in jail before posting a $1,500 bond on charges of driving without a license and concealing his identity.

Sheriff Gene Kelly in Clark County, Ohio, said he issued a warning to law enforcement about Kane in July 2004, after Kane said a judge tried to "enslave" him when he was sentenced to six days of community service for driving with an expired license plate and no seat belt. Kane claimed he was a "free man" and asked for $100,000 per day in gold or silver, Kelly said.

"After listening to this man for almost 30 minutes, I feel that he is expecting and prepared for confrontations with any law enforcement officer that may come in contact with him," Kelly wrote in his warning to officers.

Kelly told The Associated Press on Friday that he had been "very concerned about a potential confrontation and about his resentment of authority."

On an Internet radio show, hosted on a website that lets amateurs create their own shows and live discussions, Kane expressed outrage about his New Mexico arrest.

"I ran into a Nazi checkpoint in the middle of New Mexico where they were demanding papers or jail," he said. "That was the option. Either produce your papers or go to jail. So I entered into commerce with them under threat, duress and coercion, and spent 47 hours in there."

Kane said he planned to file a counterclaim alleging kidnapping and extortion against those involved in his arrest and detention. Kane also said he had an officer sign a document that said the officer must pay for using Kane's name.

"I am now putting together an invoice for him for approximately $80,000 in gold for the eight times he used my name," Kane said on the radio show. "I already have done a background check on him. I found out where he lives, his address, his wife's name."
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Excerpts from another article:
One particularly chilling YouTube clip involves Kane fielding a question about a "rogue" Internal Revenue Service agent: "Violence doesn't solve anything, OK. It's not violence that we're after. The Bible even tells us that if you're going to go and make war against somebody, you have to kill their sheep and their goats and their chickens and their babies and their wives. OK?"
In the YouTube video he said, "You have to kill them all. So what we're after here is not fighting, it's conquering. I don't want to have to kill anybody, but if they keep messing with me, that's what it's going to have to come out. That's what it's going to come down to, is I'm going to have to kill. And if I have to kill one, then I'm not going to be able to stop, I just know it."
In that video, he and Joe joke about using a bat to "take care of" a problem with an IRS agent.
Ohio police records describe Kane as a burly man, 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds, who for a time wore a black beard. Since 1983, Kane was arrested or cited six times in Clark County, Ohio, on charges ranging from passing bad checks to criminal trespass, drunken driving and driving with expired tags.
Kane was charged with felonious assault in 2004 after allegedly shooting a 13-year-old boy in Springfield with a "handgun-style BB gun.''
Demo.
Unidyne

Post by Unidyne »

Local TV coverage:

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-sovereignkane- ... 1294.story

A YouTube video with Kane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWpA4YX6rio

There are links to other videos in the series.
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The youtube video with the violent talk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQmeFj4aqk&
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Sounds like a true wonder. As someone pointed out in another instance, a bad accident just waiting to happen, and it looks like it did, to him. It would appear the kid was following in dad's footsteps which was truly unfortunate.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.